Trading the Dow Summary

Trading the dow summary 2-5 Sept

Sorry it late folks but had computer problems...

Special thanks to Rosso for making this easier by posting graphs in .gif and witha white back ground.

Attachments

• dow intraday charts 02-05 sept.doc
    283 KB · Views: 486
Ive not forgot this weeks either am just waiting for CM to post Fridays take apart from that its ready to go...

I have to say that this weeks was a pleasure to read and edit as there was a running commentary on Thursday... ive put it all in and CM's Mombassa and rossord have there take on what was happening plus where they actually traded and what they saw at the time.. this is a gem for those who are learning and cant quite see what is going at the time... dont forget to go in to the T2W chat room most of the people in there are trading this way so you can ask any questions you have real time

Comments as above

Enjoy... very imformative :cheesy:

Attachments

• dow intraday charts 08-12 sept.doc
    453.5 KB · Views: 475
Dow Summary 15/09 - 19/09

Lots of really interesting comments by CM and some excellent questions and answers about a variety of things

Well worth a look in :cheesy:

Attachments

• dow intraday charts 15-19 sept.doc
    464.5 KB · Views: 568
Once again lots of good pointers this week...divergences forming on the ten minute charts head and shoulder explanations and the same perspective shown on futures

What was important was the significance of "flipping" that charts over... so the "would i sell at this level?" became a "would i buy this at this level?" if you can answer yes to both questions then you are really looking at a set up and not willing and entry.

Happy trading

Attachments

• dow intraday charts 22-26 septemnber.doc
    367.5 KB · Views: 428
Trading the dow summary 29 Sept- 3 Oct

once again some excellent commetaries from CM and China White this week

:cheesy:

edit
This is the correct week, i just added all the bank holidays we've missed in to this edition of the summary becasue its that good ;)

Attachments

• dow intraday charts 29 sept-10 oct.doc
    530.5 KB · Views: 527
Last edited:
Plenty of good stuff this week

Attachments

• dow intraday charts 06-10 oct.doc
    776.5 KB · Views: 610
Another fantastic week with a running commentary Q&A the times have been put in the chat so you can compare to the charts more easily.

Can people who post charts please put them in .gif with a white or grey background as i have to change the background by hand to make the document more printer friendly. Thanks folks :cheesy:

Enjoy

Attachments

• dow intraday charts 13-17 oct.doc
    739.5 KB · Views: 563
Trading the dow summary 20-24 Oct

A fantastic explanation of RSI by CM and also some really useful commentary from other members particularly about the importance of psychology and in particular how people can precondition themselves to a particular outcome.

Enjoy and have a good weeks trading

NB

Attachments

• dow intraday charts 20-24 oct.doc
    477.5 KB · Views: 548
Trading the dow summary 27-30 Oct

enjoy :cheesy:

Attachments

• dow intraday charts 27-30 october.doc
    664 KB · Views: 462
If it wasnt the truth id get bored saying this but, Its been another brilliant week for CM's commentary. Lot of interesting pointers and explanations from everyone who contributes to the thread.

Can people please post there charts in .gif please and if possible with a white background as it make editing easier for me and it makes it a bit more printer friendly for those who print this off.

Thank you
& Enjoy
NB

Attachments

• dow intraday charts 03-07 november.doc
    349.9 KB · Views: 389
NB
I can't download the attachment. All I get is the "This page cannot be displayed and is currently unavailable." This has happened for the last 2 days, but I have never had this problem with previous ones.
Any suggestions and has anyone else had the same problem?
Thanks

Trading the dow summary 10-14 Nov

Hiya folks

If anyone has trouble downloading this then let me know and i can email it to you

Regards
NB

Attachments

• dow intraday charts 10-14 nov.doc
    644.5 KB · Views: 696
Hello...

Just started reading this thread...very informative...
Just a quick question with regards to the strategy doc...the charts being used (e.g the imin and the 100 ema rule).

Are we talking about the cash chart for trading the Dow or is it a futures chart ?
Presumably if you trade futures directly thru Direct Access for example then you should be using the Futures chart. But if you trade the daily DOW thru spreadbetters for example then you would use the daily cash chart (e.g quote.com) ?
Is this true or does it not matter ?

Thanks in advance...

Hi jitasb

Glad you like it so far.

The Strategy is relevant to the cash chart and is charted daily by Chartman, this is just a summary of the daily review.

You are correct that you should chart the relevant market to the trading instrument. With that in mind most folks have been SB'ing the dow. Alternatively you can chart the dow and trade the futures, dow or ES, as the SB price is taken from this anyway. (loosely speaking lol)

It is a good place to start and get used to charting and its idiosyncrasies

HTH

NB

Dow Jones Summary 17-21 Nov

:cheesy:

Attachments

• dow intraday charts 17-21 nov.doc
    349.5 KB · Views: 459
Trading the dow summary 24-28 Nov

Good week to see what happens around major holidays in the US

;)

Regards

NB

Attachments

• dow intraday charts 24-30 nov.doc
    285.5 KB · Views: 412
Trading the dow summary 1-5 Dec

Once again didnt have time to include or read everything due to a new project am trying to get off the ground.
So only CM's analysis and one or two bit that caught my eye

Enjoy
Happy trading
Newtron Bomb

Attachments

• trading the dow jones 01-05 dec.doc
    532 KB · Views: 424