Trading the Dow Jones Strategy

I have eventually given in and downloaded it.
damn thing.
read only and changed my file types.
so had to go and change back

microsoft is a real pain !

Excellant ! Excellant ! Excellant !

I'll say no more I'll say no less except that posts like this are a credit to this board.

Many thanks Newton Bomb and Chartman for the time and trouble taken in passing on all this info. and built-in experiance.

Mike

Thanx for putting that up Jonnyy40

a few peeps where having problems viewing due to lack of word.

....there is a pdf format as well half way up the thread

Happy trading

Thank you both for the manual on the dow jones. Looks an interesting read. just printed it and will look forward to reading it after the close.

Hope you enjoy it as much as everyone else has done JE2000

Chartman deserves all the praise as he developed the Dow strategy, i only compiled it.

Enjoy

Trading Strategy

Hello Folks,
This is really just to put this thread back at the forefront so the some of the new people to trading can have a trading strategy...

At the beginning of this thread is a downloadable word doc and a bit further down is a word viewer if you dont have word failing that there is a .pdf version.

The strategy encompasses everything that chartman goes through on his thread which really is the same as what is in the summary on my thread.

It explains his entries, exits, positive and negative divergence's ( PD & ND) targets and pattens and of course how to put it all together and more. There is also some notes on position sizing and money management.

Hope this all helps and should answer those questions that you have that keep popping up from time to time... any questions just post them here or ask in the T2W chat room.

Have fun and enjoy

Just dug out my old copy and re-read - amazing how much one forgets the little details - they may be liitle but boy are they important. I mentioned to CM last week that this game is all about revisiting and backtesting the historical posts - if I'd stuck to my game plan of keeping on 'revising', I probably wouldn't have made as many mistakes as I have or be bugging CM with so many dumb(ish) questions when the answers are mostly there.

Good one, NB & CM.

There not dumb questions when you are starting off... Note I never said learning because we are all still learning regardless of our experience.

Hope you find it useful... a lot of the questions you will most likely have will be inthe guide.

while i remember, the first 4/5 summaries are pretty good in explaining in real time as CM posted them as they happened so it may be worth going through them again.

Enjoy

Blimey just printed all the info off looking forward to reading...I am sure there will be some questions come out of it. Thanks again chaps.

Also a word of thanks from me. I have been studying the "manual" since you (NB) made me aware on Monday.

Following the market on a min by min basis with this document at hand has become great fun. It provided greater sense of control and will no doubt reduce stress once I increase stakes (that is after I proof (to myself) that I can consistently extract value).

Have you looked at/backtested at ratio's which work on the DAX?
Once again a big thank you.

Hello..

Am currently reading thru the various docs on this subject..

Just a quick question with regards to the DOW Strategy...
What charting software do you guys use / which is the best one to use with regards to displaying the required EMA, RSI, and CCI measurements...

Thanks in advance..

Hi Jitasb,

I recently asked this, I believe most (including ChartMan) use SierraCharts with a MyTrack and/or IB data feed.

You can buy SierraCharts from Trade2Win - see the link to the store from the homepage. They also do a free trial.

Regards,

Mute.

Hi folks

SC and mytrack is a good combination for this purpose and provides you with the neccessary tools to follow the Dow strat.

Regards

NB

Great document guys. Is there anything I can read before reading it as I don't understand most of it :eek: .

I have just read the document and it has really opened my eyes. I think I follow most of it however I have a question on exits.

"Exit the trade when the price has broken the 100MA in the opposite direction PLUS 20 points
IF you are in a trade AND the price is within + or - 20 points of the 100MA, DO NOT EXIT a trade. Remember, all the time the price is outside the 100MA (+/- 20) we DO NOT panic an EXIT."
When CM talks of DO NOT PANIC an exit outside (+/-20), what exactly does this mean.
How are you to know when exactly you are wrong and to exit.Also are there any other exit rules that are applicable.
Apologies if this sounds like a daft question, but I want to be sure I have the money management angle correct.
Cheers

When CM talks of DO NOT PANIC an exit outside (+/-20), what exactly does this mean.
How are you to know when exactly you are wrong and to exit.Also are there any other exit rules that are applicable.

This means that all the time the price stays above or below the 100 MA + or - 20 points, the price is unlikely to change direction significantly without warning.So just because you may see a reversal, it's unlikely to be more than a 20 points pullback. There are other things that tell you the move is over.This helps you stay in the trade for maximum profit.. Exit rules are well documented.....