Sandy Jadeja Fib Course

You find that the way Sandy has taught works quite well and when a stock goes in your direction it really goes well so that you get a nice profit. My trades last for around 2 weeks so in effect I am position trading for max profit potential. This works well on commodiites and currencies too.

good stuff John! nice to see you've benefitted from the instruction. Anything which instills confidence & encourages a trader to explore & develop THEIR own style/strategy can't be all bad huh?......you've obviously found a method of trading which suits your personality/expectations etc, continued good fortune with it ;)

as you say, the currencies should offer you one or two positive opportunities for positional trades! :)

John Cyprus,

I have a few questions with regard to your trading:

1) You say you are trading US stocks so are these Nasdaq or NYSE or both ?

2) What would be the typical value per cent move in a US stock in a trade that you make, ie £1, £2, etc

3) When you cut your losses what would be a typical loss that you have incurred ?

4) Do you set an automatic stoploss so that if your loss reaches a certain amount the trade is closed without your involvement and if not then how do you go about it ?

5) Have you ever worked out your maximum intra-day drawdown and if so what was it ?

Paul

Good morning Wisestguy,
I try to never take anything the wrong way. That's why I was so pleasant with Zenda ( I hope!). Joking apart the info you give is very interesting. I was told that they hedged and have also been told the same by other firms I have accounts with. You are obviously the one to come to for inside info', not insider info. I suppose most firms are unlikely to tell their customers that they actually bet directly against you as it would probably put people off when they realised the expertise that they were up against. It certainly is food for thought and does tend to put a different complexion on the game! Thanks for the info..
Regards

daermo,

Backing up what has been said about SB companies betting against their customers. I read that one well know SB company commented in their Annual Report (I cannot remember the exact words) that profits were below expectations because customers had been more successful than had been anticipated and that this was an anomoly that was not expected to continue.

If they hedged all bets this statement would not apply. Also if SB companies made their money from the spread only they would only want day-traders because the more you trade the more they get in their spread. Position traders would be discouraged because the longer you hold a position the less that the spread becomes and issue for the customer but gives less profit for the SB company.

It is in the interest of all SB companies to have a number of successful customers for advertsing purposes if nothing else. A little bit like the Bookies promoting a punter who wins a lot of money on an accumulator. The number of winners of these is few and far between but it sells a dream that the same can be done when the chances are miniscule.

It does make me wonder what the motive for a SB company is for teaming up with SJ because if his course is that successful then ultimately the SB company will lose money.

Paul

Because you were nice!

daermo said:
Good morning Wisestguy,
I try to never take anything the wrong way. That's why I was so pleasant with Zenda ( I hope!). Joking apart the info you give is very interesting. I was told that they hedged and have also been told the same by other firms I have accounts with. You are obviously the one to come to for inside info', not insider info. I suppose most firms are unlikely to tell their customers that they actually bet directly against you as it would probably put people off when they realised the expertise that they were up against. It certainly is food for thought and does tend to put a different complexion on the game! Thanks for the info..
Regards

You were very pleasant and understanding Daemo - thats nice - Thanks. PM me and I'll show you how to select US stocks Free through Prophet.net

daermo said:
Good morning Wisestguy,
Regards

Hi there daermo,

I get the feeling that over the last couple of years they have adopted the " tell the clients we hedge a lot " line for the reasons you have said.

The figure I purposely noted was their unhedged profits which at the time was some 50% of the total .

I actually had to sign a confidentiality agreement with them ( yes , true ) , but I'm glad to say that it is no longer valid since they have changed ownership about 2x since then .
So any more questions , fire away , I can behave like the floodgates now :)

Once , when I rang up to put a trade on , I heard the head dealer shouting and screaming at the market as it gyrated against his position .

have a profitable day .

Hello JC

I cannot agree with you more Sandy s course is an eye opener, and the guy is very willing to help. I have just been on the one day Workshop and heeding all his advise about giving oneself enough time to go over the material and then take the plunge. I cannot wait but iam glad to read from people like you that it really works if one keeps focused and applies the rules of the game.

Trader333 said:
daermo,

It does make me wonder what the motive for a SB company is for teaming up with SJ because if his course is that successful then ultimately the SB company will lose money.

Paul

well , sadly , the SB companies will always believe that they can beat whoever it is , whatever the course they have taken .

it is the head dealers who make these decisions and they really are that arrogant.

The question of whether SB companies hedge or not has been raised many times before. The conclusions seem to be that some do, some don't! It really is down to each SB company and the degree of risk they wish to take.

Personally, I think a sensible approach would be to look at their book as a whole. ie what is the total client position on the dow for example. If it is balanced, then don't hedge. If it is long, over and above a set limit, then hedge. etc etc.

There is no way they could hedge every individual trade as they would end up paying higher dealing costs than they manke on their own spread!

Irrespective of this issue, I think it would be in every sb co's best interests to nurture and retain succesful clients, even if they are only break even traders, as this means they can carry on trading and this helps keep the SB's marketing/ advertising costs down as they do not need to attract as many new client accounts.

Hi Paul,

1) I trade stocks from Nasdaq to S&P 500 and Dow 30 as Sandy had shown

2) The stocks would move $2 - $3 on average but the way he teaches it without giving it away is it depends on the risk control method which dictates th $ value. So even if it only moves $1 you can still make a tidy profit

3) the loss depends on where the Stop Loss is and that is dictated by the market at the given time. It is always a small stopp loss. On average for me it has been about 65c to $1.25

4) Yes the Stop is placed at the time you open your trade so that you do not interfere emotionally during the trade. It is very clever.

5) I have been taught not to watch the market during the day as this is an end of day method. Again very clever and it gets you to avoid being tied to a screen all day.

I know you propably want to hear the finer details but we did sign disclaimers not to discuss the methods in detail. His view was that due to the fact people have themselves distorted the method and when the trade does not work they blame it on the method (I am guilty too).

All in all I am sticking with this and it is by far the best method that I have come across in a long time.

Sandy kept going on about how there are many ways to trade and this is just one of them. That you need to find a method that suits you personally and this fits me fine thats why it is probably working well for me.

Hi Sogolo,

yes you are right. Sandy is willing to help and this by far is one of the other best points. Rather than seeing you loose he goes out of his way to make sure you understand what he is teaching.

A true to his word man.

I would go over the material in your own time and only trade when you are ready. He did say that in a very short time "the patterns will just jump out at you" and this is exactly what has happened (took me 3-4 weeks).

And I would only stick to the rules rather than add your own which a lot of other people on these boards are doing.

John Cyprus,

Thanks for your reply. The reasons I have asked the above questions is to do with Reward to Risk Ratios and I was not trying to get any other information.

You say that you trade 6 to 9 times a month and that you have taken 5 months to make £1300 (approx $2300) in profit. So based on this I presume that you have made around 37 trades and made a profit of $65 per trade on average, would this be correct ?

When you get stopped out you have said that you can lose between 65c and $1.25, but how much does this equate to in total $ loss ?

I am not trying to catch you out here, I am interested in the long term viability of your trading approach

Paul

Paul,

The way it works is not based on averages. Some trades you make more and some trades you make a small amount only. When getting stopped out the $ amount will be in accordance to the stop level. ie. sometimes the stop level might be 65c and according to your risk percentage on your capital ie. 5% then your trade might equate to $4.50c per point. So then 65x$4.50 = $292.50 loss.

Again this is something that he covers in detail on his course which I personally have not seen taught anywhere else. It's quite clever.

John,

Thanks again for replying. I must admit that it would concern me a great deal if my trading plan allowed me to take a loss as large as this with a small capital base. You started with £2000 ($3600) and have said that you could, in theory, lose $292 of this in just one trade. That equates to 8% potential loss on a single trade and in my view that is enormous. Your average win on a trade is $65 your potential loss is 4.5 times this amount and I know that you say this varies but in the end this game is about statistical probabilities.

In my trading I never risk more than 0.4 of 1% of my capital on any trade and this is with a reward to risk ratio of at least 2 to 1 and often over 3.5 to 1 My concern for you is that you may hit a losing streak that will take out almost your entire capital base if you can risk as much as 8% of your capital when your average profit per trade is so far only 3%

Still time will tell and it will be interesting to see how you progress over the next 6 months.

Paul

I also prefer , bigger reward to risk strategies . makes more sense and the risk control is nice and tight , which is what I m comfortable with.

sooner or later , one is going to hit a losing streak , no matter who you are , and it is then that a high Rew/Risk shows it's true worth in

1) hopefully preserving some of your profit .
2) stopping you from going bust .

Hi All,

Being gullible, I wonder why Sandy Jadeja and others run training courses, when they could use thier own theories to make a fortune?
Perhaps more money can be made 'teaching' people how to 'trade' rather than trade one self?

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

gullible

gullible said:
Hi All,

Being gullible, I wonder why Sandy Jadeja and others run training courses, when they could use thier own theories to make a fortune?
Perhaps more money can be made 'teaching' people how to 'trade' rather than trade one self?

gullible
Hi Gullible,

This is the question I asked him on the phone to him before I went on the course.

Believe it or not, he said he finds it satisfying teaching other people make money.

After meeting him on the course I believe that.

His courses are held on weekends so they don't lose him any money.

He has no 'need' to run courses, he just enjoys teaching.

Regards

Fame as well as fortune

I don't know, is my answer, but it's a frequently asked question. Here's my opinion, for what its worth.

If you've ever traded full time from home you'll know how isolating it can be, even if you're making loadsa money. It's also not always consistent in terms of profitability, and bills have to be paid regularly. Also, some people, love an audience (which I think is a big factor for trainers). My guess is that someone who manages to develop a trading strategy that has brought them good returns, and who likes contact with people, and who loves an audience, might well be motivated to run training courses, not least to ensure a more even level of income for themselves. I actually think some also want to help beginners, because they remember how it was for them when they started. Yes, I think there are people like that, which is why you get many positive and supportive posts on boards like this.

I'm not trying to be an apologist for trainers but, without them, I wouldn't be anywhere near as advanced in my knowledge as I otherwise would (which is now starting to bear fruit (...not that I wanted fruit, but that's another matter)). I would say, use the review section of this site to help weed out the weaker ones, and stay away from the ones who a) charge too much, or b) sell their services too hard with constant mailers, radio ads promising easy riches etc. They strike me as the ones who NEED to earn from selling courses because they can't at trading.

WR

'Declaration of Interest': Yes, I have attended Sandy's course (amongst others), which is why I am happily short the S&P from 1141.3, NDX from 1489 and Dow from 10117 using his methods. I agree with all the positive things I've read about him here, and disagree with the doubters. I do not work for Sandy or for Finspreads, nor did he push Finspreads at the course. For anyone new to trading read my review of his course - its not for newbies.

gullible said:
Hi All,

gullible

Hi Firehourse, Waverider and Levell,
Thank you all for the response. All the replies are helpful. As waverider is short on S&P and Dow (I do not follow DAX) and at current levels would be in the money perhaps I should explore this one further. Waverider these shorts were picked up using techniques learned at Sandy Jadeja's course?

Hi gullible,

Once you have been on Sandys course, he keeps in touch with you with regular newsletters, showing what positions he has taken, and why.

I originally was sceptical of this, but I am now seeing the patterns more clearly.

Sandy does want to help beginners do well. How many course providers offer after-course back-up and regular contact like this ?