Sandy Jadeja Fib Course

timaru69

227 5
Hi

I attended Sandy's course at the end of June and I have taken the last week to go over the lessons and put together my trading plan which pretty much follows what was taught in the course, although I have decided on a slightly different exit strategy.

I thought that the Fibs are relatively straight forward as long as you take the time to confirm each pattern by doing the calculations to ensure that the correct risk to reward ratio is there. This can be time consuming at first but I have found it a worthwhile learning experience.

So far I am tracking a dozen stocks (after screening about 80 using www.prophet.net) that I think are shaping up to tradeable conditions. I tried to monitor more but have found this to be too difficult and time consuming at this stage.

If anybody is interested in progress let me know.

I have found Sandy to be very approachable and have had replies to all my mails.

Cheers

andrewmooton

192 1
Hi timaru,

I'd be very interested in your progress as I have booked aplace on his course for 31st july so maybe we could help each other out if we get stuck.

timaru69

227 5
Hi Andrew

Hope you enjoy the course, just remember to go with an open mind and a calculator.

I'll let you know how I get on by the time you go on your course.

Cheers

trendie

Legendary member
6,840 1,398
Hi timaru69,

Can I join ? :)
I have been on the course, but am having difficulty applying the lessons.

However, this may be cos I mainly trade the Dow.

If we can work on this together, perhaps we can have a sort of self-help group !

If there is sufficient interest, how about a Fib thread ?

andrewmooton

192 1
Yes i'd be very interested in a Fib thread.

Btw Timaru, how is it that you can possibly know which retracemant is the correct one except for hindsight?

timaru69

227 5
andrewmooton said:

Btw Timaru, how is it that you can possibly know which retracemant is the correct one except for hindsight?

Hi again

You don't , all the retracement points give you is possible turning points you then need to look at you risk reward ratios and your money management rules to keep you in the game.

After all if out of 10 trades you are right only 40% of the time but achieve a 3 to 1 return on your risk then you will be up at the end , assuming you exercised proper money management and didn't put all your capital into the first few trades.

Therefore in my mind the issue is whether you have the nerve to suffer the losing trades.

Just a note I think Sandy said that success rate is over 50%. I'll ask him this afternoon.

Cheers

andrewmooton

192 1
Another positive review for Sandy in the seminar review section I see.

I'm quite looking forward to going myself actually.

timaru69

227 5
He also mentioned that he took a BUY on the DOW around 9900 ( dont quote me, but it was around that ).

Hi Trendie

Re your Buy on the Dow at 9900, the reason I suspect he took the buy is due to the fact that there was a signal at this point, of course there were an additional two signals before which he may have taken and got stopped out on. However is winning trade (buy at 9900) would have returned to profitability.

Send me a message if you wish to discuss.

Cheers

zeeta

5 0
I too am attending Sandys course on July 31st and post this would also like to join a thread discussing the fib method to check I am doing the correct analysis.

trendie

Legendary member
6,840 1,398
Hi all,

Thanks for all your contributions regarding this method.
Since there seemes to be a lot of interest, please let me know whether I should approach Sharky, and open up a Fib-trader thread, specifically for this approach.

Judging by the responses, I suspect it would be worthwhile.
In that thread, we could double-check each others calculations and ensure we keep each other on the straight and narrow.

Let me know.

theknifemac

340 0
trendie said:
Hi all,

Thanks for all your contributions regarding this method.
Since there seemes to be a lot of interest, please let me know whether I should approach Sharky, and open up a Fib-trader thread, specifically for this approach.

Judging by the responses, I suspect it would be worthwhile.
In that thread, we could double-check each others calculations and ensure we keep each other on the straight and narrow.

Let me know.

Hiya Trendie

Just create a new thread yourself, though not sure if it should go in Trading Resources or possible on another forum....

Cheers

Stew

waverider

91 2
Determine the trend

Guys, for us beginners it's very important to determine the trend first, and only trade turns that turn back into the direction of that trend. E.G. the DOW (daily bars timescale) is currently trending down, in large waves, from the high of 10753. Sandy's technique is to only trade turns that take place at .618 or .786 levels. He takes the trade at either of these levels if a 2-bar reversal pattern occurs (which he outlines on his course). Not all retracements will come back this far - in which case nothing lost - and, eventually, the trend turns the opposite way, in which case you experience a loss, but hopefully, after several winning trades. But follow his money management and exit techniques and you should be in profit overall.

I went on the 26/6 course - I'll let you know if I can turn it into profit. Using his techniques I'm currently short the S&P from 1141 and short Nasdaq 100 from 1489.

Waverider

andrewmooton said:

Reactions: wasp

timaru69

227 5
waverider said:
Sandy's technique is to only trade turns that take place at .618 or .786 levels. He takes the trade at either of these levels if a 2-bar reversal pattern occurs (which he outlines on his course).

Hi Waverider

I don't agree with your statement, I think you should review your notes as it's not quite that cut and dried.

Cheers

waverider

91 2
The trend

Oh sure, I agree, there's much more to Sandy's course as a whole. I was simply providing an example of the importance of direction of trend, not attempting to describe his complete methodology.

timaru69 said:
Hi Waverider

I don't agree with your statement, I think you should review your notes as it's not quite that cut and dried.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock