S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2022

SP500 WKLY
Almost missing the deadline again.

Can't believe I'm posting this week's entry, at such a low level (the floor as I see it) 4,000's was my default view for the floor, so if sub 4,000 does show its face then I'll claim it as a brief 4,000 over-run as the ultimate floor, and then return to bullish expectations for the S&P500.

This week I'm submitting 3990

SP500 WKLY
Almost missing the deadline again.

Can't believe I'm posting this week's entry, at such a low level (the floor as I see it) 4,000's was my default view for the floor, so if sub 4,000 does show its face then I'll claim it as a brief 4,000 over-run as the ultimate floor, and then return to bullish expectations for the S&P500.

This week I'm submitting 3990

My floor is at level 3000.

Out the lift and turn Right last door at the end of the corridor. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ha! 😆 So much for where the lower floor might be.

However, my target for the top floor is...
5000+ 😎

Ha! 😆 So much for where the lower floor might be.

However, my target for the top floor is...
5000+ 😎

PS.
Wish the timing entry could be set at 2.35pm 😜 for final entries -
as I really need the week's open to fully compile my calcs.
It might make my losing entries look like propa' losing entries 😁

Hi Guys,

Here are Week 19 forecasts.

We have 6 bulls and 3 bears. 6 bulls??? Surprised there is bullish sentiment. Maybe it's because I'm feeling pessimistic. I have trepidation and fear. My friend says I should be greedy when everyone is afraid. I think not. :)

There is a 272 variance in forecasts which is not mega but worth noting. Almost trebled since w/c 18th April.

Having said all that, Cat's Paw is a little more bullish than Velo is bearish. fwiw I think SPX is trying to hold 4000. If that support goes I don't think 3000 will take long.

Please do update the blog for the reasons why you guys are so bullish so I can feel better myself. I'm not good with fear. I'm losing calories here. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1652213245837.png

Wishing you all good prosperous trading. (y):)

What a ride it has been this week. I'm now wondering if it'll make it to 4000? Possibly.

Oscar, me amigo given the turbulent ride and fact you came in on Wednesday is quite late. However, I'll put it out to the field for votes. If it was on Monday I probably would have said aye. However, Wednesday... Hmmm

I say No way Jose!

Sorry old boy. :)

Wow - yours truly the one and only lil ol mi takes the golden top spot this week. That is the cherry on top along with my dear daughter who has completed her finals at uni. I am very happy. :D(y)🥳🥳🥳

Velo our new boy on the block is really doing well and takes the silver medal whilst BB_Tfs_V2 just keeps rolling with that trend, sweeping up points and medals, taking the bronze. Well done Velo. (y)

1652527683636.png

1652527158419.png

Quarter 2, End of week 19 - leader board
1652527811793.png

Gosh, thanks for the generous encouragement Attilla. And well done you too, for further consolidating your lead.
- (Also, congrats on your daughter's uni achievements that have brought such delight).

Think the Morecombe-&-Wise curse struck again last week
(ie., I know all the right closes; but not necessarily for the right day)
- as on 2 days last week the indice closed 1 point away from my submission,
and on another day it closed also 1 point away from Atilla's submission; thus ensuring that the law of probabilities would dictate neither of us would enjoy that near-perfect accuracy by Friday's close :)

So, ducking behind obstacles and keeping my collar pulled up as I attempt to evade the gaze of the M&W curse . . .

- I hereby submit 4109 for this week's entry.

Hello to all you grrrreat forecasters... Welcome to Week 20 in these strange days of eeriee uncertainty with all the globes troubles. Trying to forecast the SPX500 is like Cat Weazles toad trying to navigate his way across the M25. Full of risks and dangers coming at you left and right. Who can remember that lovely toad's name? They don't make'm like that anymore do they? Sometimes I think kids of today are all having a deprived upbringing missing out on children's programs like Cat Weazle.

Onwards and forwards... We have 7 bulls and 3 bears this week. The ATR has narrowed somewhat to 164.

Cat's Paw is twice as bullish as our BB Trend Following System is bearish. BB_TFS has obviously been doing well but yet to collect gold this quarter. It should be an interesting weak with some Fed gentleman having expensive lunches and doing some talking. What could they possibly say we haven't heard before.

Fed's policy is Data led they said. So with inflation at 8+% what data are these fruit cakes referring to? What clowns they are. Personally, I think they belong more in a circus then sitting in a FED Chair but what do I know?

Wishing you all a super sunny week. Bring on the heat wave. :)

1652738895469.png

Sorry guys running late with the results this week.

Trend following system BB takes the gold medal this week with Snowsword taking silver and Oscar Reed the bronze medal. Good call from the only two bears. 👏👏 (y)(y)

The dead-cat bounce was all over by Tuesday and Fed indicating they'll continue raising Fed rate until inflation comes under control really spooked markets even more than what they had already been. I can't see things improving until inflation is knocked on the head.

1653228984937.png

I'm still leading the leader board for Quarter 2 but isn't the BB_Tfs_V2 doing well. :)
1653229228530.png

Keep those forecasts coming and have a g8 weekend with what's left of it. :)

Last edited: