S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2018 with PRIZES!

Cant believe they celebrate Easter in the US as well, Their pinching all our bank holidays, whatever next...christmas ?

2510 if im not to late...:cheesy:

I think we've missed the boat, Mike!! They got me too lol
I thought it was holidays all round, but the US boys are open!

However: 2658 :)

I think we've missed the boat, Mike!! They got me too lol
I thought it was holidays all round, but the US boys are open!

However: 2658 :)

We can put it down to our secret strategy by pretending to miss the deadline...That'l fox them...:whistling

Yo everyone, hope to play catch up this weekend so have much to do. I have life chores to deal with too, so will update in bits as I pace my self. ;)

Thank you for your patients and keep pondering over those forecasts. (y)

images
.....SignalCalc.....
images

Takes the first Quarter win of 2018 and pockets $100 in Amazon prize vouchers.

images

Well done SC. Top dog carrying on his tremendous form from last year. He has managed to take 4 gold and 1 silver. Collecting a total of 17 points. :clap::clap::clap:

Trader JR was very much in close pursuit just 1 point behind with 3 golds, 1 silver and 1 bronze medal. Very tight indeed. Trader JR needs to find a way of turning bucket into gold and patent that idea then he can drop the Trader title and become Inventor JR. :cheesy: Equally a fantastic achievement for a new comer. :clap::clap: Well done Trader JR too.

Then we have our WackyPete in third position with 14 points. He has one less medal but 3 silvers so really the top spot could have been taken by any of these three. :clap:

Touch n go stuff what with the SPX turning twisting and recoiling, wondering what type of market it's in. All round a great start to the new year with most forecasters in positive territory. The field is improving.

Keep up the great forecasting and public scrutiny guys. Not easy making one self a public embarrassment. Since Oscar has turned bullish we've had 3 up and 3 down weeks. As we all know markets turn when the last bear becomes a bull and there is no one else left to sell. This is a very real indicator market is turning bearish.

As well as the PAWA indicator I feel we now have our OSCAR. ;) (y)

Wishing you all the best for 2nd Quarter. :)

Attachments

• SPX_2018_QTR1_Winner.JPG
    SPX_2018_QTR1_Winner.JPG
    358.5 KB · Views: 117
images
.....SignalCalc.....
images

Takes the first Quarter win of 2018 and pockets $100 in Amazon prize vouchers.

images

Well done SC. Top dog carrying on his tremendous form from last year. He has managed to take 4 gold and 1 silver. Collecting a total of 17 points. :clap::clap::clap:

Trader JR was very much in close pursuit just 1 point behind with 3 golds, 1 silver and 1 bronze medal. Very tight indeed. Trader JR needs to find a way of turning bucket into gold and patent that idea then he can drop the Trader title and become Inventor JR. :cheesy: Equally a fantastic achievement for a new comer. :clap::clap: Well done Trader JR too.

Then we have our WackyPete in third position with 14 points. He has one less medal but 3 silvers so really the top spot could have been taken by any of these three. :clap:

Touch n go stuff what with the SPX turning twisting and recoiling, wondering what type of market it's in. All round a great start to the new year with most forecasters in positive territory. The field is improving.

Keep up the great forecasting and public scrutiny guys. Not easy making one self a public embarrassment. Since Oscar has turned bullish we've had 3 up and 3 down weeks. As we all know markets turn when the last bear becomes a bull and there is no one else left to sell. This is a very real indicator market is turning bearish.

As well as the PAWA indicator I feel we now have our OSCAR. ;) (y)

Wishing you all the best for 2nd Quarter. :)

I have an edge? Now to identify an instrument to play!

Well done chaps, choppy market indeed, good luck for the next quarter :smart:

The weight of gold is a weight worth bearing

and

The weight of gold is a weight worthy of bearing

Which of these sentences is the more correct and why?

The weight of gold is a weight worth bearing

and

The weight of gold is a weight worthy of bearing

Which of these sentences is the more correct and why?

:rolleyes:

:whistling

itchy-bottom.jpg

I love riddles :cheesy:

I pick number 2 the latter mi lord :)

Last edited:
Helloooo all you lovely darlings of spring,

Here are the belated results for first week Quarter 2 SPX competition.

There were 9 forecasts in all but two were late (Mike and LexCorp in grey so they don't get any points).

It's so sad to see Pat get all get excited only to be beaten by a simple average. My heart goes out for you Pat. So sad. :cheesy:

As for most of the elite forecasters they were bullish and thus lost 1 point each. Bet you were all teachers pets at school. :cool:

I find it strange our Amercian cousins would celebrate death of Jesus but not his resurrection. Sadly nobody called this fact out about the holidays. I'm also a bit confused about thanks giving day and hopefully we'll remember that one. Anyhow, it is such a competitive field out there, it may explains the mentality of a trader which is very special indeed. (y)

Hence, in summary Average takes gold and Pat gets silver. Well done Pat. :clap::clap:

No pics for you this week. Apologies. Will try harder next week. (y)

PS. Notice small error with running totals but now fixed. Will show correctly next wek.

Attachments

• wk14.JPG
    wk14.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 135
  • wk14results.JPG
    wk14results.JPG
    238.1 KB · Views: 107
  • wk14ldrbrd.JPG
    wk14ldrbrd.JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 99