S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2016 with PRIZES!

Here's the current league table showing f2calv at the top with 5 points and 2 medals, Pat in 2nd place and WackyPete in third. Still a way to go yet (thank goodness).
You still have time to get this weeks guesses in (or change them pat ;)).

Attachments

• Week2tab.png
    Week2tab.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 239
Here's the current league table showing f2calv at the top with 5 points and 2 medals, Pat in 2nd place and WackyPete in third. Still a way to go yet (thank goodness).
You still have time to get this weeks guesses in (or change them pat ;)).

I think it's deliberate not to use alphabetical order!!!!!

I think it's deliberate not to use alphabetical order!!!!!

Order of merit m8 and you are.................sort of near the bottom. Or to put it a mite clearer right at the bottom or shouldn't I say so ? Bottomism I suppose.

:lol;

Last edited:
Order of merit m8 and you are.................sort of near the bottom. Or to put it a mite clearer right at the bottom or shouldn't I say so ? Bottomism I suppose.

:lol;

As an Arsenal supporter I am used to us being ahead of Villa before the season starts that probably spoiled me here....

Glad that I am in the relegation zone rather than Arsenal

Get ready folks 2015 is in its death throes and 2016 is bearing down on us!

It is time for the next instalment of the trade2win "SPX-500 Weekly Market Close Forecast Competition". :clap:

I will be your master of ceremonies for the coming year so expect a little levity and traditional podium images.

Sharky has kindly offered $500 in prizes for 2016 that's split $100 each quarter plus another $100 for the overall year winner.

No change to the rules:
Rules of WEEKLY competition of S&P 500 cash
Objective of the game is to predict the weekly-Friday closing number for the SPX-500 Cash index.

1. 1 point for getting direction correct from previous Friday close
2. Having got direction right then:-
a/ 3 points for nearest
b/ 2 points for second nearest
c/ 1 point for third nearest
3. All entries should be in by weekly opening session of US markets

Good luck, ad chartis, ad astra. :clover:

Ive been asked to edit the first post with a link to the spreadsheet which makes sense as its easily available at all times without searching.

I dont edit old posts as a rule, so as a compromise I've included a copy of the original here.
I will update the initial post later.

Ok this weeks forecasts.

jeffree4 leading the bulls with 1963.
Mike hoping to catch more salmon from that river leading the bears with 1845.
Although with 11 Bulls and only 3 bears that might be stretching it. Both averages are bulls.

Once again a massive 118 point range, which given the way the S&P is going could mean all our forecasts get hit this week. :LOL:

Weighted average and average have 0 points so far this year, better than some of us though. :whistling You'd think with access to all this information I would actually use it! :rolleyes:

All eyes on Oil this week.

Good luck. :clover:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...i-Nn8trkqGik92wtcL28S1FI4/edit#gid=1460846430

Attachments

• SOW3.png
    SOW3.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 192
Apologies Mike, I've updated the spreadsheet to show your Gold medal in the 'Medals table'. :)

Down 49 today ?

A crash regardless what they are saying in Davos.

Why don't the averages lose a point for having the direction wrong? That'a a serious advantage :cheesy::LOL:

Peter

Is anyone losing a point for wrong direction? Are we still doing that?

Everyone loses a point for wrong direction and gains one for right direction.
The averages were both right first week +1 and wrong second week -1 total 0.

I'm really looking forward to the traditional Friday 60 point RIP into the close. :whistling

This weeks winners.
Here they are at last, the first bulls of the new year. :clap:
Looking a little frosty around the edges but ready to bring on the never ending fight with the bears.

Congratulations to Lexcorp who wins Gold.
Atilla has obviously used his spare time from not running the competition wisely, his extra market study gives him Silver this week.
Average takes third place, which means we are collectively getting better.

I have double checked but it appears f2calv did not win a medal this week. :eek:

Attachments

• t2w3.jpg
    t2w3.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 140