S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014 with PRIZES!

I see you got the low side covered At along with the perma bear Pete. I will give it a try so 1825

Before I forget, 1861.

Tough decision. The market plunged on monday, then rallied up, but it's currently stalling anytime it tries to go for 1850, so we may well be in for a correction.

However, the strong uptrend shows no signs of slowing. Until it keels over, I'll keep going long. So 1861 it is, please.

I still think you should do a count of games entered vs points as my system doesn't always give a trigger but when it does.... :)

I still think you should do a count of games entered vs points as my system doesn't always give a trigger but when it does.... :)

I see your point ....but then the winner of the first week has won because he need not play again ? As with Peter.

We could get over that point, I suppose, by having an increasing scale of points to be won per week ??

Last edited:
I see your point ....but then the winner of the first week has won because he need not play again ? As with Peter.

We could get over that point, I suppose, by having an increasing scale of points to be won per week ??

We should amend weight to reflect games played.

As with all systems, difficult to cater for all consideration despite validity. :rolleyes:b

Last edited:
Samspade makes a grand entrance taking gold on the podium... (y) :clap: (y)

Wacky and Pat take silver and bronze. (y)(y)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...VubUoyTm9jZGh4Z0tzdVJoZXc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

.................................Wacky......................................Samspade..................................Pat

despicable_me_2_image_minions_12.jpg

Average is on Wacky's tail in a not so close second place.

I'm delighted to say I've pulled my self off the floor. :cheesy:

Last edited:
Congrats to the winners!

Seems like this downturn is in full swing, so time to go short!

1770 for me, please, monsieur Atilla. :cheesy:

Another good reason for having gradually increasing points per week on offer is to give a better chance to the late and slow starters ?

But up to you now At !! ( the joys of management )

:idea:

Another good reason for having gradually increasing points per week on offer is to give a better chance to the late and slow starters ?

But up to you now At !! ( the joys of management )

:idea:

I don't understand what is being suggested here???

I was thinking we divide points with number of games played which should improve weighted average calculations.

Need more info otherwise?

You could just include people who played 25% or more games or something.