S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014 with PRIZES!

Be interesting to see if it recovers from these sentiments.

What else can possibly go wrong? Xmas, new highs and petrol back down to $50...

Good news is bad and bad news is good. You gotta luv the markets, boys with toys.

:LOL:

Well done to 12WBT with his long range call. (y)
Moreover, a mere 1.33 ticks away. Top call. Standards in this competition calling the resting place for the week has certainly improved imo. (y) :clap: :cool:

Postman takes silver and moi bronze :)

Top players this week;

.......................................................12WBT
................Postman.....................................................................Atilla
montage%203violin%20tops.jpg

League tables
updated in total running points for the year. Gaffs is still in the lead with Weighted & Average in 2nd and 3rd place.

Battle for Amazon vouchers are with Gaffs / LexCorp / Malaguti. Two week forecasts remaining. :whistling

Attachments

• Capture.GIF
    Capture.GIF
    76.6 KB · Views: 165
I still think we'll finish high. A couple of decent weeks and back to 2100. Prediction for this week is 2030.

I still think we'll finish high. A couple of decent weeks and back to 2100. Prediction for this week is 2030.

Our traders not so happy with bonuses this year! We in IT have also been told to expect 10-25% less than last year. Bonuses have been announced, envelopes sealed.

However, interest is to see the market rise. Falling markets likely to cause significant trouble to most. Rising markets provide gains to many.

So not good news. Worse to come I reckon.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...after-s-p-500-rebound-as-oil-outlook-cut.html

Last edited:
I think this has been the best thing that happened this year. :)

Hi Rourkem, when are we going to see you forecasting?

Join the party, more the merrier :)

January next year would be good time to start... (y)

I don't care if oil tanking somehow disrupts the market. Gas is as low as $1.12/l today and I haven't seen that price in... years. Was hovering around $1.5 for God knows how long. It's a welcome relief.

Anyway, I still expect the S&P to rise given it's Christmas and all. So 2024 for me.

I don't care if oil tanking somehow disrupts the market. Gas is as low as $1.12/l today and I haven't seen that price in... years. Was hovering around $1.5 for God knows how long. It's a welcome relief.

Anyway, I still expect the S&P to rise given it's Christmas and all. So 2024 for me.

I had to do a double take after that build up for the forecast. You sure you don't mean 2124??? :cheesy:

2024 - a lower high will signal a BIG sell for the SPX imo. I would wish it to become true. Good luck. :)

1999 - ECU is established. :cool:

We have 4 ups and 4 downs. Interesting week ahead...

Notice the averages are up. Bulls are more bullish than the cautious bears. I think this is an interesting take on the market place. Falls are expected but not much.

Low rates,
Low oil
High dollar
Lot's o moneyyyyyy!

All indicating stocks to rise. Yey! :clap::clap::clap: