Quote of the whatever

some really important quote

In the battle between emotions and the mind, emotions usually win. in the battle between the conscious and subconscious mind, the subconscious always wins.

That's the problem - what lies in your subconscious and by very definition, you can't know otherwise it would not be SUB conscious. So it's not a question of getting your emotions 'in check'. Although it might make it a little better...

Practically everyone has a greater or lesser degree of subconscious self destruct urges and this is what kills traders.

I find that the subconscious mind is largely influenced by one's own attitudes, bias etc. and also others, what they say to you'. If they are hostile it can seize up.

The best traders are too dumb to think , they just follow the systems given to them , system following morons (Someone who lacks one shred of intellectual curiosity) make good traders.

The best traders are too dumb to think , they just follow the systems given to them , system following morons (Someone who lacks one shred of intellectual curiosity) make good traders.

Explains why I have trouble. I agree! :LOL:

Also, would add "perfectionists" probably make bad traders too? successful trading is "dirty", and trying to clean up every losing trade just makes things worse, do you agree?

Explains why I have trouble. I agree! :LOL:

Also, would add "perfectionists" probably make bad traders too? successful trading is "dirty", and trying to clean up every losing trade just makes things worse, do you agree?

I will explain

80 % of the problems are in the mind , so those who do not use their mind and thinking , are more successful , given a profitable system.

trading folklore says K I S S

KEEP TRADING SIMPLE STUPID

IF IT IS COMPLICATED MOST TRADERS CAN NOT HANDLE IT IN REAL TIME DUE TO PSYCHOLOGY AND MINDSET

a slight qualification fl:
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
albert einstein

if i may :D

Inspiring new traders is like give them little information , in a dangerous game , little information can be dangerous.If you care about those you wish to inspire , give them all the information and remind them , this is a deadly game where odds are poor.

best place to answer without making thread off track

At least none of us are spamming the forum...

Peter

I have met some truly wonderful and intelligent people on this site , there were only 6 out of 400k , still reading through old threads , still searching for other 399k .

The really intelligent poster only had 18 posts on t2w. I was impressed with his few words.

A wise man will be of few words: A fool may gain the reputation of being wise if he have but wit enough to hold his keyboard .