The Simplest Trading Method In The World

It is more choppy today that I thought it would be. Found support again now even after that merkel/sarkozy induced sell-off.

indeed I was surprised that we bounced at 1180 I thought the news out of euro would have taken it down further, glad I booked by profits when I did. just goes to show anything can happen.

I am guessing the Krouts & Frogs will have a big say in this market over the next couple of days, if someone held a gun to my head I would go long as I can see it continuing to rally up to 1250. either way not bovvered as I am looking out for one of Paz's trades which SCREAMS out of the screen.

This approach was always on the cards. It is not going to make one ounce of difference to the ongoing battle between the USA and Europe. All it means is that the Froggies and Boxheads have to shoulder their responsabilities publically. I'm waiting for the spikes to burn out then I will jump on. As I said to yer wife.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:(y)(y)(y)(y)(y):eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::sleep::sleep::sleep::whistle:whistling

Hello everyone,I am new here and I am getting into currency carry trade strategy and was send over here to get some help with basics!! I am wondering if you could tell me how to do a benchmark of several currencies considering 3 MONTH REFERENCE RATE, which rate should I take LIBOR or National Banks interest rate??? For instance I would like to see the development of NOK from March 09 to MArch 2010, so I took the data from here http://www.norges-bank.no/en/price-s...-observations/ and made the average from March 09 until March 2010 and I got the result rate 2,29 and then here goes my Question do I need to add any 0,25% or whatever risiko rate or anything to get the reference rate??? Can you Please Help ??? Thanks so much!!!!

Hello everyone,I am new here and I am getting into currency carry trade strategy and was send over here to get some help with basics!! I am wondering if you could tell me how to do a benchmark of several currencies considering 3 MONTH REFERENCE RATE, which rate should I take LIBOR or National Banks interest rate??? For instance I would like to see the development of NOK from March 09 to MArch 2010, so I took the data from here http://www.norges-bank.no/en/price-s...-observations/ and made the average from March 09 until March 2010 and I got the result rate 2,29 and then here goes my Question do I need to add any 0,25% or whatever risiko rate or anything to get the reference rate??? Can you Please Help ??? Thanks so much!!!!

The good news is you have posted your question in exactly the right thread! Just be patient and I will give you the correct answer in a moment!

took a short here on S&P, was it screaming?

Attachments

• trade5.png
    trade5.png
    126.5 KB · Views: 270
took a short here on S&P, was it screaming?

Personally, I don't like it. Small bar, doesn't protrude, no real confluence. Plus I feel that the overall feeling of the market is bullish.

If you were going to take a short, a bit higher and we'd be looking at a triple top. I would be waiting to see what happens up there at least.

I actually saw the same thing on a different contract, but I was thinking fade it and go long.

Definitely one I would pass on. But it's all just personal opinion.

EDIT:

You need to be very careful as well taking these before the market opens properly.

Open Interest on SP dropped 10% and on ES 5% yesterday - strong whiff of shorts covering.

Personally, I don't like it. Small bar, doesn't protrude, no real confluence. Plus I feel that the overall feeling of the market is bullish.

If you were going to take a short, a bit higher and we'd be looking at a triple top. I would be waiting to see what happens up there at least.

I actually saw the same thing on a different contract, but I was thinking fade it and go long.

Definitely one I would pass on. But it's all just personal opinion.

EDIT:

You need to be very careful as well taking these before the market opens properly.

yeah dont really want to hold this one through the 1.30 data and the 2.30 open. will see how it goes, feeling relaxed today, stops nice and tight.

sometimes its hard getting filled at £25 pp, that sort of size can really move the market:LOL:

The good news is you have posted your question in exactly the right thread! Just be patient and I will give you the correct answer in a moment!

Thanks so much Pazienza!!! I cant wait what answer you come up with, cause I checked some previous benchmark and they have got there average NOK 3 month Interest rate 2,05 my value was 2,23 checked my results several times bu i can not get this right, Thanks again for help

Thanks so much Pazienza!!! I cant wait what answer you come up with, cause I checked some previous benchmark and they have got there average NOK 3 month Interest rate 2,05 my value was 2,23 checked my results several times bu i can not get this right, Thanks again for help
Are you having a laugh. Paz is gonna tell you that you are a wannabe pillock. If yer have enoughy cash to make from carry trading then you must know how to invest it. Cork.:smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Are you having a laugh. Paz is gonna tell you that you are a wannabe pillock. If yer have enoughy cash to make from carry trading then you must know how to invest it. Cork.:smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

no I was not kidding I am actually only wannabe college graduate not a wannabe trader and I was thinking everybody will be blown away by this smart point :cool: Youngsters are naive!!

Ok giving you benefit of doubt and never mind my caustic comments, here is a link that explains it. The rest is up to you.

Last edited:
It was certainly interesting for me to read that article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.