The Simplest Trading Method In The World

Merkel isn't going to fall on her sword. It's all rhetoric.

She is foxy though.

reet-merkel-bikini.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am tempted to short DAX if the H1 candle close looks good. but its not SCREAMING enough.

EDIT - Its starting to scream

Last edited:
I think you might be late, it was screaming half hour ago?

you are not wrong, i just got in at 5947 after checking the M30 candle, it was indeed screaming. What's your target? I am shooting for 5800 but will see how I feel at 5900. bitchin.

Last edited:
Paz is quiet so he must have taken one lol... you still in?

yeah I am sure he is tinkering with the S&P, I didnt like the PA on M5 so I exited for +42 points. think I am going to call it a day here as I might be tempted to overtrade, i took a cheeky trade earlier on WTI but scratched. My weakness is patience and i need to work on it.

What didn't you like about the US futures? I was tempted to take the nas100 (being a spread bet noob) off 2200 but didn't in the end.

Don't watch Dax or H1. Nothing I liked on any of the US futures, no trades today. I'll be watching until 9 though, so we'll see.

It is more choppy today that I thought it would be. Found support again now even after that merkel/sarkozy induced sell-off.

Found support again now even after that merkel/sarkozy induced sell-off.

Given the recent sentiment, I find that interesting and significant.

My bias, such as it is, remains unchanged. I'm going to need a very good reason to get short from here (well, I always do, but you know what I mean).

Given the recent sentiment, I find that interesting and significant.

Me too but then again, I thought before the Tuesday when congress passed the debt ceiling raise, that a debt ceiling raise was already priced in which is why there was no reaction on the day. I think US and Euro debt nonsense is priced in. The only other thing I can think of now is that debt cannot be eroded if economic growth is stagnant and this is spooking people.

I've put the recent volatility down to nothing more than a correction after lots of QE created asset price inflation over the last year or so. The whole area between 1080 to 1180 now has a huge amount of SP and ES contracts traded in it, the daily volumes were huge if you were keeping an eye on them (6m for ES for 3 days, 50k for SP for 3-4 days) with OI increasing.

COT was net short 10% which tells me there is still a long bias but the confidence is wavering - be interesting to see what COT was this week on Friday - if it's gone below 10% net short I'll think again about becoming bearish but if it's gone back up to 15%+ then I'll remain bullish.

The bar wasn't big enough:LOL:

The gambler in me really wanted to take it. The aspiring trader in me knew that I didn't know enough about the trade to take it.

This time the aspiring trader won and I made no profit.