Taking time out

Pat494

Legendary member
Interesting to know what some members like doing to relax from a hard trading day/week. To kick off this thread here is an opinion by jim Wycoff that arrived in my post

“I will tell you one thing I try to do every single day that affects my performance as a trader: I think, at least for a few hours a week, every commodity trader should do something that he or she really enjoys. Something that does not involve the markets or the computer.

“I like working with my hands. I restore classic cars, things like that. You need to be able to settle the mind and avoid all that frenetic activity. The graveyard of past traders is littered with those who couldn’t get the needle out of their arms. Markets can destroy you emotionally, physically and financially. You must keep perspective.”

Like to hear from you however stupid or whatever

I practice kung fu and go climbing.

I also kill people in Battlefield 2. (That feeds my addiction and need for excitement on a computer so I don't go looking for that in the markets!)

Interesting to know what some members like doing to relax from a hard trading day/week. To kick off this thread here is an opinion by jim Wycoff that arrived in my post

“I will tell you one thing I try to do every single day that affects my performance as a trader: I think, at least for a few hours a week, every commodity trader should do something that he or she really enjoys. Something that does not involve the markets or the computer.

“I like working with my hands. I restore classic cars, things like that. You need to be able to settle the mind and avoid all that frenetic activity. The graveyard of past traders is littered with those who couldn’t get the needle out of their arms. Markets can destroy you emotionally, physically and financially. You must keep perspective.”

Like to hear from you however stupid or whatever

Support Sheffield United - puts the stresses of the markets into perspective.

Go to the pub and get pissed with yer mates - doesn't cure anything, but makes you care less:LOL:

UTB

Reactions: BSD
Go to the pub and get pissed with yer mates - doesn't cure anything, but makes you care less:LOL:

UTB

Great stuff :cheesy:

Agree with that fully actually, nothing like some good partying to recharge the batteries.

food-smiley-004.gif

Roll on Christmas with the multitude of parties! That's what Christmas is about, right?

Roll on Christmas with the multitude of parties! That's what Christmas is about, right?

unbelievable - you boil christmas down to the vulgarity of excessive partying - and miss the true spirit of the ocassion - the chance of receiving a box of ferrero rochet's.

UTB

and miss the true spirit of the ocassion - the chance of receiving a box of ferrero rochet's.

UTB

Aha. Now I know where I went wrong...

I was always waiting for my box to delivered by Ms Santa Claus...

B000KD4562.01-A2FSLQ3MGHDCCJ._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V37501749_.jpg

But that's not what it's really about, is it, it's more about the box itself, what, not the deliverer :LOL:

Aha. Now I know where I went wrong...

I was always waiting for my box to delivered by Ms Santa Claus...

B000KD4562.01-A2FSLQ3MGHDCCJ._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V37501749_.jpg

But that's not what it's really about, is it, it's more about the box itself, what, not the deliverer :LOL:

as someone once said, I like my football the same way as my women - straight into the box:LOL:

UTB

PS - Apologies if I've derailed this thread - but it is what I take time out for;)

as someone once said, I like my football the same way as my women - straight into the box:LOL:

UTB

PS - Apologies if I've derailed this thread - but it is what I take time out for;)

You've started something here, blades.

I like my women like my coffee ~ strong and dark :eek:

Talking of Basildon....

This is rather a touching scene :cheesy:

Attachments

• basildon nativity.bmp
    962.3 KB · Views: 151
Here is an opinion by jim Wycoff that arrived in my post.

“I will tell you one thing I try to do every single day that affects my performance as a trader: I think, at least for a few hours a week, every commodity trader should do something that he or she really enjoys. Something that does not involve the markets or the computer."

“I like working with my hands.":)

I bet you do Jim, especially when the missus and kids are out!:D