Keeping Fit at the Work Station

Zenda

Most of us traders suffer from wrist and arm strains when trading for a long time, especially when sitting in front of the Monitor. I recently came accross this method of keeping the arms and shoulders fit and in peak condition - Remember as a trader you need to be fit in all areas! here is an article I recently came across.

Some good advice!

This article was on an exercise suggested for Traders, to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. It seems so easy, so I thought I'd pass it on to some of my friends. The article suggested doing it three days a week.

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5-lb. potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides, and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, then relax.

Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb. potato sacks. Then 50-lb. potato sacks, and eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb. potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks;
but be careful.

HA!HA!, good one there Zenda, it would have to be something like that because what the hell would you do with all those potatoes.

Better just to go for a jog, in the fresh air, than deal with sacks of potatos !

ERA said:
HA!HA!, good one there Zenda, it would have to be something like that because what the hell would you do with all those potatoes.