London City meetup - April 15th

Hi Rugby
Are you gonna book a table somewhere that we can all get round for a chinwag and something to eat? I would think everyone will be be in place and ready for around 7
Cheers
Q

Hi Rugby
Are you gonna book a table somewhere that we can all get round for a chinwag and something to eat? I would think everyone will be be in place and ready for around 7
Cheers
Q

Hi Quinny,

I was thinking of getting an area in a pub set aside and then playing it by ear from there.

However, if everyone is up for it I can reserve a table for us later on down brick lane for a curry.

Hi Quinny,

I was thinking of getting an area in a pub set aside and then playing it by ear from there.

However, if everyone is up for it I can reserve a table for us later on down brick lane for a curry.

Will have to be back at marleybone station by midnight for the last train I think.

M

i like the idea of a curry (my favorite food), but i have a problem that i need to get back to reading for 10:30ish. as i have a big day with the wife on the saturday (london eye and blue badge guided tour - should be great). so, i'll need to leave for the tube to paddington around 9pm. corner of a pub sounds good. just tell me the name of the boozer and the time to be there.
all the best
quinny

Right, I've booked a flight, I'm coming over to the big smoke to take care of a bit of business and see some of you geeks on the Friday.

If I get the train I'll be there about 6 and have to leave about 10 to get the 10:37 to Burgess Hill. If I drive there will be no beers and probably get stuck in rush hour traffic. If anyone's out for a late one then I'll have to get a hotel.

What's the plan man?

The plan is i'm going to find a pub that will set aside an area for us. I've got one in mind, i just need to go ask them. It's called the shooting star on Middlesex Street, nearly opposite the station, round the corner from Dirty Dicks.

We drink and be geeky.

My girlfriend is finding this incredibly amusing. She keeps asking me whether captain currency is going to be there!

There won't be a curry as quite a few people need to get off by a certain time (including me as I've moved out from the city)

I'm confirmed for Friday.

I'd better go out and get a few pints for the fridge, from the looks of the banter I need some drinking practice.

Looks like I'll need to be out of there by 23:15 or else I'll be braving the night bus route.
After this weeks drama at the mercy of tfl my tolerance for being stuck in a crowded station is on the very low side of 0.

Well I've got the day off work so I expect to be in the area about 4 if anyone wants to start early! Hopefully I won't be to ******ed by the time everyone turns up!

Well I've got the day off work so I expect to be in the area about 4 if anyone wants to start early! Hopefully I won't be to ******ed by the time everyone turns up!

not sure I can make 4pm but I am now a definite as I have a pass.

dirty dicks or wherever glad to meet some fell geeks!

must get last train back from marylebone to Amersham - marK will see you off to Aylesbury!

going into the pub this evening to reserve the space, if possible.

do we have any more takers, all are welcome.

I will pm my phone number and one other persons on to all interested parties tomorrow to make sure we get everyone together and make sure Mark isn't sitting on his own again this time!

Sounds good. Count me in if you haven't already. I'll aim to get to Liverpool Street Station just before 6.

Looks like im missing this one... kids are off school and i have no where to "dump" them for the evening... will have to arrange for later this or next year.

ok, i've got an area booked in The Shooting Star on Middlesex Street.
E1 7JF

The area is booked from 6. I'll be there by that time at the latest.

I'll be sending out pm's this evening with my mobile number to those who have confirmed or said maybe.
If you haven't confirmed or said maybe, please reply on this thread

confirmed

Rugby Trader
SX Barnes
Everydaytrader
Quinny
Tradeviking
Tdu8
Mark120169
DaxM
Captain Scarlet
Surferking
AlexM
Celadon

Maybe
Greenfever

See you in the Shooting Star. I'll probably be the only one not wearing a suit in the pub! Ha ha!
Whats the cider like in there Rugby?

no idea to be honest.
it's a fullers pub, so should have a decent range of different beers.
although i can't drink much as i've got a cup final tomorrow.

i'm wearing a rugby top, it's the chinese international change top. bright red, so i should be fairly easy to spot.

Well was looking forward to a celebratory beer with fellow nutters, but after today's hit, it'll be a consolation drink. Isn't it great how beer is multi functional like that! See you at around 6
Dax

well there's a good chance that I'm going to be late now as some ****er has just killed themselves ahead of my train.