isa's short term trading journal

The trend is up so I should be long, but it feels like one of those days where it will pop up then drop over the next 2/3 days.

hmm, possible Slim Jim - not too confident about it myself. Failure to regain morning highs by now is a sign of weakness to me.

hmm, possible Slim Jim - not too confident about it myself. Failure to regain morning highs by now is a sign of weakness to me.

I always look at the US market for the next move myself. It's amateur hour at the moment, so I usually ignore 14.30-15.30, as it's when all the overnight orders in the US hit the market. If it hasn't broken the days low by 15.30 I think the odds normally favour a reversal at that point IMO.

I suppose it depends on timescale of your trades. For intraday trading it's probably good, but for swing trading I normally avoid the first hour and trade the close instead.

Well done SlipperyC. You've had a good day. The 15.30 reversal had good strength in it today.

Two stocks I put on the watchlist a while ago have broken out in the last week and made new highs and look interesting again. They are:

Henderson Group (HGG.L) and Scottish Mortgage Inv Trust (SMT.L)

Is a shame I took of my buy stop on SMT.L last week as it would be making a nice small profit. Oh well, there's always other entry points.

I see what you mean about SMT! Nice little earner, the sky's the limit by the look of the chart. Might get a reentry at the £7 area if it re-tests the previous resistance.