isa's short term trading journal

Looks like the 15.30 pivot is in play again today. I wonder if anyone's done a study on it. Maybe something I'll need to do myself when I find the time.

Difficult one isa. Can't say I'd like to say which way it will head tomorrow.

On one hand, its obviously moving up violently. On the other, its in a band of resistance and only 7p away from potential double top.

Are you going to wait for a break or re-trace for entry?

Difficult one isa. Can't say I'd like to say which way it will head tomorrow.

On one hand, its obviously moving up violently. On the other, its in a band of resistance and only 7p away from potential double top.

Are you going to wait for a break or re-trace for entry?

It's a pattern I like to play, which is a breakout of short term down trend. Look at the daily chart attached. Price made a swing bottom and rallied back up to the 1ATR level it then pulled back for 3 days but the downside was rejected near the -1ATR level and it closed near it's 22 day EMA. It then consolidated under the down trend line for two days and had a strong breakout today above the Kinjun line to close above the 1ATR level. The other technicals add confirmation IMO as well. So now what I'm looking for is a day of consolidation where it pulls back 50% of todays candle but closes up slightly above the 22 day EMA. The fixed P&F chart also has a triple top breakout, so the key level for me is 168. My target is the 230 area if I get the set up.

Attached are the various charts I look at to give different perspectives on it.

Attachments

• BRW_PnF_Fixed_15-2-11.png
    BRW_PnF_Fixed_15-2-11.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 137
  • BRW_PnF_Percentage_15-2-11.png
    BRW_PnF_Percentage_15-2-11.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 139
  • BRW_Daily_15-2-11.png
    BRW_Daily_15-2-11.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 130
  • BRW_Daily_Kinjun_15-2-11.png
    BRW_Daily_Kinjun_15-2-11.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 148
Stopped out of previous short for -10 pts.

SHORT DAX; 7427, £4/pt. Stop: 7435. Target: 7350.

Lets see if it pops up!

Brewin Dolphin is trading up still. Is up 1.9% so far today. I think I'll get in near the close today if it stays above the open price.

DAX long update; STOP TO 7404 (-4).

Looks like its been riding the 60min middle bollinger ready for a break up again.

Last edited:
Watchlist Addition

I like leonarda's Dragon Oil pick (DGO.L). It wasn't in my stock list as I only look at FTSE 350 for short term trades normally. It feels like it needs to pullback a bit more yet as is long term resistance at 580 and P&F is in a pullback phase. So I'll add it to my watchlist.

Attachments

• DGO_PnF_Percentage_16-2-11.png
    DGO_PnF_Percentage_16-2-11.png
    120.9 KB · Views: 159