Short selling, ISA's and Accounts

TODA.1

Good evening all.
Would value any advice regarding the following matter.

(Based in UK). My query is regarding which account i.e. ISA etc would be best suited for my aims. My aims are to turnaround stocks fast i.e. short sell.
Any advice regarding the process from choosing an account, to recommending 'short sell' platforms etc. and whether i should focus my attention on penny stocks or blue chip stocks.

My lack of knowledge is apparent but here to learn, and any constructive help appreciated.
Kind regards.

Good evening all.
Would value any advice regarding the following matter.

(Based in UK). My query is regarding which account i.e. ISA etc would be best suited for my aims. My aims are to turnaround stocks fast i.e. short sell.
Any advice regarding the process from choosing an account, to recommending 'short sell' platforms etc. and whether i should focus my attention on penny stocks or blue chip stocks.

My lack of knowledge is apparent but here to learn, and any constructive help appreciated.
Kind regards.

Do you have experince in trading at all or just starting?

You could put short ETFs in an ISA but transaction costs will kill you - typically £20 ish for dealing charge each time you trade then 0.5% stamp duty. There are some leveraged ETFs out there but you'll still be limited by account size with an ISA limit of £11,880. Not enough room to manage risk with little to no leverage.

You are better off looking at spread betting as this is also tax free in the uk.

Hope that helps,

LT

Exciting week is ahead for Forex traders. As the week starts with a holiday the reason being Easter Monday. The next being Tuesday where Australia is supposed to release its leading economic indicators and it’s continued by Canada where its produces its data on wholesale sales parallel to the US where it is also getting ready to release its data on private sector of home sales.
As far as Wednesday is concerned lots will be happening days as
Australia publishing data on consumer price inflation
China is to release the preliminary estimate of the HSBC manufacturing index
Euro zone is to release preliminary data on manufacturing and service sector activity,
The U.K. is to release data on public sector borrowing, while the BoE is to publish the minutes of its April meeting
Canada is to produce official data on retail sales
When it comes to Thursday this week we can expect reserve bank of NewZeland to announce its benchmark for interest rates. Germany is to release the Ifo report on business climate. U.S. is to publish data on durable goods orders and the weekly report on initial jobless claims.
And at the end of week Friday we can expect
Markets in Australia and New Zealand will be closed for the Anzac Day holiday. Japan is to release data on consumer inflation. The U.K. is to produce data on retail sales. The U.S. is to round up the week with revised data on consumer sentiment.