isa's short term trading journal

DAX short update; Stopped out of previous DAX short from 14-2-11 for -10 pts.
Nothing open currently.

DAX short. £3/pt, 7410. Stop: 7425, target: 7385 initial, 7350 secondary.

Reason; repeated failure at 7420 area, may drop to 7350 for test of support if it doesn't blow through 7420 soon.

Last edited:
I see what you mean about SMT! Nice little earner, the sky's the limit by the look of the chart. Might get a reentry at the £7 area if it re-tests the previous resistance.

I'm not sure about that, but I think from the charts that a 800 near term target is achievable in the next few months as it is the 3 ATR channel level on the P&F chart, but with a lot of breakouts there's usually a good retest of the breakout level for many weeks before moving off significantly. So could take a few months to break the 800 level, or fail on the retest of support and move back into the range again. But is a strategy I like to play at the moment as can produce some good moves, so I'll wait for the retest if it comes and see what the price action suggests then.

DAX short update: Out for +5. DAX popped down to 7390 and right back up in the space of about 5 mins!

Sharpe Ratio - 09 & 10

Attached is the S&P 500 Sharp Ratio calculation spreadsheet showing 2009 and 2010. You can copy the cells and fill in your own monthly results in the blue columns to see how you are doing in comparison.

Attachments

• Sharp-Ratio_Risk-Ad-Return.xls
    12 KB · Views: 251