FX Trading June 18 to 22

This week cable will

• Total voters
eurusd had dipped.
if cable and euro are correlated, is euro a cheap buy or cable a cheap sell?
(am out of game for this week, just posing a question)

have noticed on jacintos NRTR-WATR "dots", you can see the energy on the cable up-move weakening as the "support" blue-dots rise, but less gain at each move.

have noticed on jacintos NRTR-WATR "dots", you can see the energy on the cable up-move weakening as the "support" blue-dots rise, but less gain at each move.

bit cool istn it.

im short now 56. stop 70

edit: my mistake, stop 75

bit cool istn it.

im short now 56. stop 70

edit: my mistake, stop 75

well, that was quick. -19

sods law will be that i entered early, and should have waited till 70 for the short,:eek:

Last edited:
well, that was quick. -19

sods law will be that i entered early, and should have waited till 70 for the short,:eek:

over on the indices thread, they are using "puppy power", which appear to be Stochs divergence as reversal indicators.
(headed by "options" real-time play, so must be pretty sound I reckon)

(why do I keep adding more stuff onto my charts?)

well, that trade had 3 mistakes

1) wait for the close of the 4hr bar at 12 GMT not BST :eek:
2) should have waited for stronger resistance (70) and this is related to 1)
3) stop 3 pips too low (BU99ER)

money management forces me to stand aside for the day due to the size i traded and lost.

have a good day all.

j

r1 order triggered for r2 limit

daily has 5 8 cross, macd cross and , above 50 rsi
so it all looks good for go Houston. :)

Stop moved to break even..now a free trade. Still some way to go until TP1 though..

Taken 33% of size off at 9870 for +31 and will let the remainder run to 9899 (then 9919) or b/even.

Rationale: Took some pips off the table in case of strong US housing data

Revised first target hit on EUR/JPY at 165.38. Still short 1/2 position. Stopped out earlier of short cable and reversed for (hopefully) test of 1.9900

Revised first target hit on EUR/JPY at 165.38. Still short 1/2 position. Stopped out earlier of short cable and reversed for (hopefully) test of 1.9900

Nice trade..I just hopped off my EUR/JPY short too at 165.38 (I have it as S1 on my Cam pivots). I had a short from 165.88 which I closed out at 165.48 earlier and then reentered at 165.64. About time it came off its record highs!

off out so will have to let it ride. looking for a swiss drop for confirmation.

30pts is a good move zuke in todays range so far.

Aternoon All,
Not been posting so far this week so have just caught up with the thread. I'm long from yesterday on cable at around 9830, took half off at 64 and am trailing a stop on the rest. It seems to be one of those slow grinder moves up where it's very difficult to know when to take profits.

well, that trade had 3 mistakes

1) wait for the close of the 4hr bar at 12 GMT not BST :eek:
2) should have waited for stronger resistance (70) and this is related to 1)
3) stop 3 pips too low (BU99ER)

money management forces me to stand aside for the day due to the size i traded and lost.

have a good day all.

j

Good discipline and self control Jacinto. Sorry about the loss. I've had a few of these recently despite getting the moves right.

Unfortunately, just got back and noticed we did have some pull back in the morning to 1.9825+ levels but not the 820. Oh well close call. But we did get the onwards and forwards right.

I still hold the view this will kiss 1.99 and then shy back down again.

I'm not in it unfortunately as I have to go out again but I do hope you all getting some action.

Good trading all.

thanks atilla,

it is actually flowing well :D. this wasnt neither the first or last trade with a loss, so ok with it.

serves me right to want to jump quickly, and stupidly dont notice the GMT vs BST difference. what an idiot :LOL:

however, thinking of when I face the wife, i just hope that price goes to 9950 right now, and not reverse, cause then i will face discipline for jumping in quickly or stop placing :LOL:

will see tomorrow. good day.

j

just got back. even though its still all systems go i closed before the 4pm line for +14 which will do me. i might jump back in later in we get a pull back.

just got back. even though its still all systems go i closed before the 4pm line for +14 which will do me. i might jump back in later in we get a pull back.

Good stuff! I have had to sit waiting for it to hit my next target (9899)..came within 11 pips but has now retraced. If it runs down to 9869, Ill scale out some more size (another 1/3)

mmm, back from the party and missed the other ,here on longs, on my charts got a short signal so taken it short 1.9885 at the mo. But looking at the action looks like a weird grind up from 50 odd. squeezing earlier shorts and cable v euro helped?

lol looks like it...

anyway short, see what happens.

Good stuff! I have had to sit waiting for it to hit my next target (9899)..came within 11 pips but has now retraced. If it runs down to 9869, Ill scale out some more size (another 1/3)

Great stuff Zuke. I notice both the DOW and Oil still surging ahead. I'm not in either. Just possibly looking to go long but still thinking.

On cable now I think we may retrace to 1.9860 next and then possibly bounce backup again breaking through 1.99. Not too hot on this though. Just a hair brain idea about pulling back to the BBand at 1.9855 and then breaking out again to the upside. 50/50 chance I'd guess.

I can't help thinking you should have stolen the kiss instead of expecting a good snog:cheesy: Wish I did the same. Well done.