FX-2007: Apr 08nd > Apr 13th

Where do you think we are heading this week

• 200 pips higher than last week

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hook Shot said:
We could see test of 8000 this week but I favour more upside testing first...
The highs of 1996 are not a million miles above 8200 (~8230) so we're in the right ball park.

This baby looks very bullish mid/Long term 8500 even 9000 ???
Does that mean oil/gold go crazy too ??

Getting ahead of myself as usual lets wait for a positive pullbk near 8000 to go long... ?
Stop adjustment to 250......on aud\usd pair

The Pearl Fisher said:
Stops hit @ 1.9640 (-18)

Tired now, taking no new positions tonight.

TPF

Good morning everyone,

Looks like the markets have shaked and rattled over night and very reluctant to go in any direction at the moment incase the rollover kicks in.

Will wait to see developements. Hence, just watching at the moment.

Outlook on the week imo is to expect Euro to rise based on ECB speak.
$ to fall based on NFP stats
Gold is maintaining 670+ regions well and oil is sticky at the $60+

Not sure about these three amigos; Gold, Euro and the Dollar but it sort of reminds me of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly for some reason... We all know what happens to Mr Ugly at the end... He loses the plot...

As you can see not much to write about as I feel I have no direction.

Good luck everyone.

Atilla. I was about to join you in a long last night when you suddenly decided to close so I left it alone. Bugger! I am thinking that cable is going to find it difficult to go down all the time the Euro stays so relatively strong, and with 2 rate increases expected I guess the Euro will stay strong for a little while.

Uphios said:
Atilla. I was about to join you in a long last night when you suddenly decided to close so I left it alone. Bugger! I am thinking that cable is going to find it difficult to go down all the time the Euro stays so relatively strong, and with 2 rate increases expected I guess the Euro will stay strong for a little while.

Hi Uphios,

The long term charts for cable look very strong to me with an ascending wedge.

I'm now thinking if cable doesn't breach 1.9720 then it may fall retrace a little. Otherwise breach of 20 and 40 will mean 1.98 is well and truly in sight.

I don't seem to have appetite this morning so I may lay off until I see something substantial.

Atilla said:
Hi Uphios,

The long term charts for cable look very strong to me with an ascending wedge.

I'm now thinking if cable doesn't breach 1.9720 then it may fall retrace a little. Otherwise breach of 20 and 40 will mean 1.98 is well and truly in sight.

I don't seem to have appetite this morning so I may lay off until I see something substantial.
I'm currently short cable at 9653 and 9690, since then I have had a change of heart and now looking for a small pull back in order to exit these positions. I will probably reverse and go long for small stake. I think scalping is the order of the day until Thursday/Friday.

The Pearl Fisher said:
Sold @ 1.9708 (for 1.9530)

Stop 1.9735

No idea why the rise overnight. Having a second go at my target.

TPF

Closed @ 1.9709 (-1)

Closed this position before I lose this one.

I have no real confidence for a move in any direction at present.

This trade had all feel of a guessing game.

TPF

The Pearl Fisher said:
Closed @ 1.9709 (-1)

Closed this position before I lose this one.

I have no real confidence for a move in any direction at present.

This trade had all feel of a guessing game.

TPF
Only this one! They have felt like guessing games for the last 3 or 4 weeks to me. Looking forward to DC coming back to knock some sense into this market.

I think carry trades and persistent rumours of rate changes that don't happen is causing this rather difficult market condition at the moment.

Just gone short 14 my stop at 40, this seems like a good resistance level where we are at the moment, may just range here now though until US open, as before the major fall of last week... If it flies up past 40 then I'm confused as ever and haven't learnt a thing obviously!

Good trading all

Still see no outcome for GBP with this little performance.

I am of the opinion that it is one of those times in which you “trade what you see”

No real reason for it, but trade with it.

So with that I am long @ 1.9713 stop @ 1.9690

TPF

The Pearl Fisher said:
Still see no outcome for GBP with this little performance.

I am of the opinion that it is one of those times in which you “trade what you see”

No real reason for it, but trade with it.

So with that I am long @ 1.9713 stop @ 1.9690

TPF
Well I am hoping your stop gets hit in order for me to join you long. With the Euro hanging on to it's gains so well I think conditions are now right for cable to make another attempt at $2, and probably succeed this time. Really would like a pull back into the horrible mid 96's first.

Uphios said:
Well I am hoping your stop gets hit in order for me to join you long. With the Euro hanging on to it's gains so well I think conditions are now right for cable to make another attempt at $2, and probably succeed this time. Really would like a pull back into the horrible mid 96's first.

Well I strongly disagree with your stop statement Uphios, because that will cost me money LOL.

I just have that feeling its going to move somewhere quickly soon. The long position seems the best of the choices. So I am in but being careful.

TPF

The Pearl Fisher said:
Well I strongly disagree with your stop statement Uphios, because that will cost me money LOL.

I just have that feeling its going to move somewhere quickly soon. The long position seems the best of the choices. So I am in but being careful.

TPF

Good move TPF. I have now been watching it since 1.9680 thinking a pull back is due and the price is 1.9730... Need to revert back to BBs for a change. MAs definately pointing strongly up.

Still out and watching it. Cable being fickle don't know what to think. :rolleyes: Bullish on the daily charts for sure but not sure on the hourlies. Keep thinking some pull back is in place. Guess 1.9740 now that 1.9720 is breached.

Hearing reports that last month has been the most deadly for US troops in Iraq. Half the deaths in and around Baghdad where security was supposed to be improved. As long as this war goes on the $ will bleed. Inflationary pressures and no rate rises. Gold up to 677 and oil should see another bounce imo (guessing).

In Congress Republicans turning against Democrats and a lot of uncertainty is unveiling. ME developments quietely hotting up but not much mention on the news front.

This Forexnews hits it on the head imo.

The upbeat payrolls eased concerns about slowing down of the US economy and suggested inflation pressures may persist. With weakening housing market and unconstrained inflation, the Fed is not likely to cut interest rates or raise them in the near term. The best the Fed can do for now is do nothing, leaving the rates unchanged at 5.25%. In contrast, the ECB may have two more rate hikes based on sound fundamentals in the euro zone. Therefore, we perceive the dollar rally against the euro is short lived and the euro will regain its strength when the trading volume is back to normal on Tuesday.

Dull boring day. Now where is that WW3 thread... ;)

took a long at 679 on the close of the previous 4 hour bar. reversal level comes at 9768 on my side.

edit: stop raised to 725

Last edited:
The Pearl Fisher said:
Any reason you didn't post it up at the time???

TPF

simple reason. i dont make calls. i take my trades. dont need to prove myself to anyone.

regular posters here know i post my losses or my wins typically after the event. and i do post the losses.

havent posted much lately though..

anyway, if you want a live call, then here we go,

out of long at 35, and short at 35. stop at 45

and out at 45 for -10. 44 was key level on 4hr chart. 68 is still key, then 77.

your first live call failed, congrats ... 1324 GBPUSD at:19742.6

jacinto said:
anyway, if you want a live call, then here we go,

out of long at 35, and short at 35. stop at 45

and out at 45 for -10. 44 was key level on 4hr chart. 68 is still key, then 77.

1323 C-CAC at:5748 t:5750
1324 C-DAX at:7144 t:7146
1324 C-DOW at:12573 t:12579
1324 C-FTSE at:6414 t:6416
1324 GBPUSD at:19742.6 t:19745.6
1324 Silver at:1390.5 t:1395.5
1324 Gold at:678.8 t:679.3
1324 LondonGasOil at:575.5 t:577
1324 CrudeUKMay at:6688 t:6693
1324 USDJPY at:11916.1 t:11919.1
1323 AUDUSD at:8242.5 t:8244.5
1324 EURUSD at:13429 t:13431

there r only some instruments u ve to watch at, one of them is gold
gold is rising exponentially within the last hour
gold and all currencies against the dollar r highly correlated
quiet unbelievable what u did. beginners mistake. shame on u

WHAT sTHAT ? tried to apply a "goog poste" on u
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jacinto again."

Last edited:
pssonice said:
1323 C-CAC at:5748 t:5750
1324 C-DAX at:7144 t:7146
1324 C-DOW at:12573 t:12579
1324 C-FTSE at:6414 t:6416
1324 GBPUSD at:19742.6 t:19745.6
1324 Silver at:1390.5 t:1395.5
1324 Gold at:678.8 t:679.3
1324 LondonGasOil at:575.5 t:577
1324 CrudeUKMay at:6688 t:6693
1324 USDJPY at:11916.1 t:11919.1
1323 AUDUSD at:8242.5 t:8244.5
1324 EURUSD at:13429 t:13431

its funny you say this is my first live call. probably you dont remember but you rated me for a live call on a long @ 9326 and a 30 pip stop with a target of 9605 on January 7th at 11:50 PM.

the trade was against a signal provider, remember.

Edit: wrong targets and times. here is the link
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=22883&page=2&pp=10