FX-2007: Apr 08nd > Apr 13th

Where do you think we are heading this week

• 200 pips higher than last week

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Atilla said:
I'm still long on cable. Looking for 1.9640-50 regions.

See what you mean about WW3 on

"That cable chart:come and have a go if you think your hard enough... "

At least I assume you mean that one.

Reads like Trader rage... We'll be on the news soon. :cheesy:

As you now me ....Just a scalp trade with heavy p.p in the night time trading my comfort zone... ;)

Atilla said:
I'm still long on cable. Looking for 1.9640-50 regions.

See what you mean about WW3 on

"That cable chart:come and have a go if you think your hard enough... "

At least I assume you mean that one.

Reads like Trader rage... We'll be on the news soon. :cheesy:
Well that made me laugh!

Closed cable short at 595, stole Atilla's target before he went long. Also looking to short on a bounce to 650 area, a bit concerned now that we are all looking at about the same number, are we being set up?

Carrying an underwater swissie from this afternoon, jumped short just a little to soon but near to b/e again now. Also got a heap of EURGBP shorts that are in profit but that one is oh so slow.

Something has caught my eye here in the last few minutes or so.

So a quick change of plan.

Taken a short position @ 1.9622

TPF

If I am right my crosses will come into play @ 14 and may be I will get 15 pips....
Uphios where you long from my friend...

rav700 said:
If I am right my crosses will come into play @ 14 and may be I will get 15 pips....
Uphios where you long from my friend...
Me, I'm not long anywhere, I'm patiently waiting for 1.9653 to go short on cable, short on swissie and EurGbp. Not planning to do a lot tonight unless something wakes this market up.

My trading account has reached a new recent high today so I plan to carry on doing whatever it is I am doing.

The Pearl Fisher said:
Something has caught my eye here in the last few minutes or so.

So a quick change of plan.

Taken a short position @ 1.9622

TPF

resistance at the 20EMA (1hr chart). Negative oscillator divergences on the 10 min and 15 min charts.

This is my perspective for tonight.....
Range between 95 and 25 and then tommmorow morning see a nice bounce of 80 to the 55's and back down again......
Thats what rav says just fade me and you will win hahaha

fibonelli said:
resistance at the 20EMA (1hr chart). Negative oscillator divergences on the 10 min and 15 min charts.

I wasn't referring to chart indicators (I have no confidence in them) I can't seem to be able to get them set up. So I gave them up many years ago.

It was an observation from the bond trading

TPF

rav700 said:
This is my perspective for tonight.....
Range between 95 and 25 and then tommmorow morning see a nice bounce of 80 to the 55's and back down again......
Thats what rav says just fade me and you will win hahaha

Are you referring to cable here? Rav.

9695 / 9625 / 9795 / 9725 ??

All the best

TPF

The Pearl Fisher said:

All the best

TPF

Yes but the figures are a bit different

The range for tonight is 625 to 595
The bounce down on london opening could go to 580 and then all the way to 650-655
And then All the way down again....
Just My thoughts
But for my trade tonight..Here is my chart

Attachments

• Chart for scalp.JPG
    Chart for scalp.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 214
rav700 said:
Yes but the figures are a bit different

The range for tonight is 625 to 595
The bounce down on london opening could go to 580 and then all the way to 650-655
And then All the way down again....
Just My thoughts
But for my trade tonight..Here is my chart

Thanks, makes it much clearer.

TPF

The Pearl Fisher said:

All the best

TPF

What are your targets for this trade......My general rule for scalps is too hit once hit 10 pips I move stop to b\e and then trailing stops here I go.

Best of luck.....
I am pretty sure of hitting my 10 pips at this momment unless something changes dramatically.... :LOL:

Uphios said:
Me, I'm not long anywhere, I'm patiently waiting for 1.9653 to go short on cable, short on swissie and EurGbp. Not planning to do a lot tonight unless something wakes this market up.

My trading account has reached a new recent high today so I plan to carry on doing whatever it is I am doing.

I'm still long but pondering now. Reading other people shorting cable makes me perk my ears up and sniff the air. What's round the corner? :confused:

Still up 8 pips on cable but as you say Uphios I also have 640-50 in my sight...

I have a feeling it will take a little drop but not breach 1.9600. I'm reckoning on a higher a low and then a little sprint to 1.9640 at least.

Don't know whether to leave it over night or not. Made 35 pips today so feeling a little riskayee :cheesy:

Just realised I probably look like Atilla on the photo with his ears pricked. I have my tounge well tucked in though... and I don't dribble... :LOL:

Last edited:
rav700 said:
What are your targets for this trade......My general rule for scalps is too hit once hit 10 pips I move stop to b\e and then trailing stops here I go.

Best of luck.....
I am pretty sure of hitting my 10 pips at this momment unless something changes dramatically.... :LOL:

Currently short 1.9622 from a previous message (looking for 1.9530) overnight

TPF

Atilla said:
I'm still long but pondering now. Reading other people shorting cable makes me perk my ears up and sniff the air. What's round the corner? :confused:

Still up 8 pips on cable but as you say Uphios I also have 640-50 in my sight...

I have a feeling it will take a little drop but not breach 1.9600. I'm reckoning on a higher a low and then a little sprint to 1.9640 at least.

Don't know whether to leave it over night or not. Made 35 pips today so feeling a little riskayee :cheesy:

Bless your 35 pips....
My theory is we had a bit of a drop today and that was without the London and european trading so tonight we should see a drop again preparing for this move.....I dont know but one of us is bound to win ;)

rav700 said:
Bless your 35 pips....
My theory is we had a bit of a drop today and that was without the London and european trading so tonight we should see a drop again preparing for this move.....I dont know but one of us is bound to win ;)

I thing I shall be sitting up until about 1am GMT watching to see if it will bounce off my MA55 on 10min charts.

Might put a stop loss @1.9585 and go to bed. Still not sure. FA for what is worth the high NFP figures will be used as an excuse to prop markets so I was reckoning on $ weakening again.

Gold seems to be holding 670 level and oil has fallen to 62 regions. SPX expected to touch previous highs too.

Pondering indeed... :rolleyes:

Atilla said:
I thing I shall be sitting up until about 1am GMT watching to see if it will bounce off my MA55 on 10min charts.

Might put a stop loss @1.9585 and go to bed. Still not sure. FA for what is worth the high NFP figures will be used as an excuse to prop markets so I was reckoning on $ weakening again.

Gold seems to be holding 670 level and oil has fallen to 62 regions. SPX expected to touch previous highs too.

Decided to close long position - 0 pips made on cable. 27 for the day will do me. Remembered last two mistakes and thought better to get good nights sleep...

Here is the Forexnews newsletter on the $...

Dollar Extended Gains after Friday Payrolls
by Yan Xu
4/9/2007 3:15:00 PM

Read Full Article

During low volume trading in Monday, the dollar extended its gains against the euro and sterling after last Friday¡¯s surprisingly strong US employment data. The report showed the US economy unexpectedly added 180,000 jobs in March and the unemployment rate dropped to 4.5% to 4.4%. After strengthening to below 1.34 against the euro on Friday, the dollar today rallied further to 1.3341. The sterling dipped below 1.96 versus the dollar. The trading is slow today as most European markets are closed for Easter Day.

The upbeat payrolls eased concerns about slowing down of the US economy and suggested inflation pressures may persist. With weakening housing market and unconstrained inflation, the Fed is not likely to cut interest rates or raise them in the near term. The best the Fed can do for now is do nothing, leaving the rates unchanged at 5.25%. In contrast, the ECB may have two more rate hikes based on sound fundamentals in the euro zone. Therefore, we perceive the dollar rally against the euro is short lived and the euro will regain its strength when the trading volume is back to normal on Tuesday.

===

I take a different view - that this will add to inflationary pressures and lead to more $ flying everywhere with no interest rate rises deteriating BoP. But what do I know... :rolleyes:

Good luck everyone.

Atilla said:

At this point now I am pretty sure that 600 will be kissed tonight....So I am setting my limit order to 600 instead of my 10 pips and am going to sleep....If I I cant sleep will adjust my limits accordingly.......

Happy Trading
Rav

Now I will move my stop to b\e as I have to be very careful no loosing trades this week.......
If you are following my trades the 10 pip scalp is over and be happy with your pips...

Happy Trading
Rav