Dow Intraday Charts 4-7 Jan 05

SOCRATES said:
If you look carefully, you will see how it is that the volume declines on ascents. This is as a consequence of there being no significant demand, leading to tops; and on declines, the volume also declines. This is as a result of supply into the market being exhausted leading to bottoms. This tells us that the amount of available supply and available demand is temporarily limited.
Another explanation for this is that the volume is deliberately withheld causing the rise in price. And with the decline, it could be argued the decreasing volume (diminished demand) causes the price to decline.

SOCRATES said:
This completes the explanation so that you are able to understand all of it within a meaningful and constructive context of the volumetric flows in play at the time, as part of the whole picture.
This additional perspective may help some to add to their store of knowledge of P&V, but one should avoid allowing complacency to fool one's emotions into thinking you know it all.

But we are in danger of polluting this thread from the purpose and topic intended by the thread-starter.

We have heard it all in your post number 48 above, Bramble. You are very wise in reminding us that you should avoid complacency to fool your emotions into thinking you know it all. But that is your business and not mine or that of anybody else. Now are you going to give all of this a rest, please ? This thread has run its course and is now out of steam. There's a good gentleman, Bramble, please.

Last edited:
Well, that's a bit sad Bertie...I thought you would at least have acknowledged, if not addressed, my comments, which I felt were right on track, wouldn't you say?

(Aside to Bertie:The thing is, when you think you know everything about anything (and the Unconscious LOVES to find closure on things) you become immune to further information. You must never do this or you will never learn anything new....)

As Socrates can find no fault with my logic on Price & Volume - can anyone else? It's not a trick question. I simply would appreciate feedback on my proposition on the P&V action.

Socrates said:
Now are you going to give all of this a rest, please ? This thread has run its course and is now out of steam.
Bertie, the thread ran 'out of steam' last Friday....it's just you and me, discussing P&V where we stand less chance of being edited....