Dow Intraday charts 05/Jan - 09/Jan

tradesmart

Experienced member
1,286 22
You could be right Mom; everyone's looking for the top after such a long run up, but we might not be there yet.....

We've had a breach of the multi-month uptrend channel to the upside, so adding the channel width (600 ish) to the breakpoint (10150 ish) might give us a target of around 10750.

very approximate, and subject to chart line draughting errors.. :confused:

comments welcome..... :cheesy:

Attachments

• 08-01-04.gif
    08-01-04.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 416

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
Not really a triangle... needed to drop to support on the 6th to around 440. But I will concede that there was a similar one on the 15th - 17th.Dec .... Yesterday formed a "W" bottom, quite common, with a target of 580. Futures have been stable overnight, currently about -1 on ES.Could be an easy play today if we go through 532.

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
I'd go along with that, TS . My reservation is that the 1 min has just dropped to a lower channel. If it recovers that , and goes on to break 550/580, then we have a good chance.

Hooya

Experienced member
1,802 2
be interesting to see if spx fills this intraday gap at some stage.
Quite a noticeable one imo

Attachments

• screenshot057.gif
    screenshot057.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 360

mombasa

Established member
561 1
was short from '64 - until it hit the 100 MA an bounced - closed for +2 :(

looks like a bull flag on 5 min chart

mombasa

Established member
561 1
or it could be a little bull triangle. I give up !

For what its worth - am long from 10558 - stop at 100EMA - 20

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
Messy, but a triangle here on 1 min? target 85 ish ?

mombasa

Established member
561 1
just a thought - we've now had skim's 5 elliot waves - albeit smal ones - reckon that's the top - despite all pullback targets being met and that it hasn't hit channel resistance yet?

Hooya

Experienced member
1,802 2
well Dow only 20 points off it high after 2 1/2 hours, not exactly
impuslive to the downside imo. So even if it does go down further first it looks corrective to me. So I expect a test of the highs

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
cancelled at 16:08 with the failure to follow through. Too much of this going on..... are the bulls losing it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock