cj12's Dow Trades

update

100 points profit
59 points profit
52 points loss
13 points loss
5 points loss
119 points profit

If looking to short the place I be looking for is 10665 to 10685 any pull back from these points of 25 points I would look to short.

Remember i don't trade this method any more and no should you. and the prices you see are the march Dow futures. not the cash

CJ

Long at 10607, revers and go short at 10576, if the market hits 10645 then cancel the short at 10576 and place new order to short at 10605.

So long from 10607 but we will have an order in to sell just in case this thing sells off.

CJ

Update

I went long at 10607 stop 10576, for a loss of 31 points

I then said revers go short at 10576 i would have gone out at 10525 but i was not online at the time. so we take the close to be fair, at 10548. for a profit of 27 points,

For the day down-4 points.

To date
100 points profit
59 points profit
52 points loss
13 points loss
5 points loss
119 points profit
30 points loss
27 points profit

+305 points
- 99 points

CJ

Hi All

For tomorrow I be looking to go long on a break of 10502 stop 90 points

First target 10630

Second target 10762.

CJ

what price did you gt out of you short jane or are you still short,
good call.

CJ.

I got out yesterday close around 10480 mark. Only had a few quid on it but it was a pleasant surprise ! I mean't to put a stop order in but got caught driving home in the snow which took me hours and so forgot about it.
Currently I'm waiting for the next IK special to come out. I was waiting for the next stop out as he's had a tremendous run this month on both the long and short tac and I felt a stop was imminent.
Your long position looks good judging by the futures. I should think the Dow will end higher than yesterday anyway just for the bounce but not by much.

Jane

they all count Jane.....and we certainly require our fair share of luck in this game!! - a bit "hairy" though....live with no stops, eeeeeak!! lol

Well, I said to go long on my old trading method at 10502 with a stop of 90 points and as you know the people who watch this thread my usual stops are around 120 points, but this time I though I just place it a little under yesterdays low. In real trading i would have moved stop to my max of 130 as we where near to yesterdays low and i though it would hold which it turn out it did

But I said 90 points stop at the time of writing so we will record the loss

update

100 points profit
59 points profit
52 points loss
13 points loss
5 points loss
119 points profit
90 points loss I record the loss but in real trading should be still long

118 points profit to date

Remember i dont want to make money from this, Its just something for me to do after the close of trading. its an old trading method i used years ago, I just wanted to see if it still works

I will go long on a break of 10500 stop 120 points move stop if the market goes in our favour

CJ

Still long from 10500 yes i know its boring but think of not paying all that commission

CJ

Read the thread and I will agree Stock Operator was the best trading read that I also have had.
My understanding is Livermore built stakes only by scalping and made the real money position trading.Also lost it the same way a number of times.

So CJ is the name of your game stick the stop safely outside the price action and wait for the rubber band to snap ?

:)
Cheers

Im flat out at 10500 breakeven trade, yes its me CJ this is my thread i lost my password and had probs getting in to the site,so i just give my self a new name dum trader. anyhow now flat at 10500.

CJ or you may call me
DUM TRADER