cj12's Dow Trades

CJ -

most live trades currently get placed on another thread - Chartmans weekly dow thread - otherwise the chatroom tends to be used for this.

RR

EDIT:

CJ asked if other live trades were ever placed : I simply said that they were and pointed out that they were placed elsewhere. Its not having a go!! Dont all throw your toys out of your prams!!! :cool:

Last edited:
C'mon give the guy a chance, u don't have to read his thread if it bothers u that much...............he is not hurting anybody, is he? phewww!!!

U get a vote big fella :) Realtime posts get respect from Keano. You could also post realtime in the chatroom if you fancied.
anyways, nice one.

Keano

Well done cj12

I can see why you are so confident.

After 10 years of trading you must have experienced all that the market can throw at you.

Well done. I am sure you won't have to charge for your live trades as it is clear that you know enough to be making the monies!!

CJ
The chat room used to be very active, but has, of recent times, fallen by the wayside due to lack of enthusiasm. I used be be there every day, but, sadly, work commitments means I can no longer be there. If you want to get in there and take a hold, be my guest. I'm sure you will generate an immediate following. We always used to post our trades in there and the reasons why ( sometimes) and it was great fun.

Re: dow trading

cj12 said:
I see a lot of you use indictors trend lines moving av. and most traders wait for they magic indictors to turn up to go long, did you know pit traders know where the head and shoulders are when macd go in to positive or negative which gives the public they signals, also the market makers know what all the public traders are looking at,

<hr>

plus new traders ignore the cost, example lets say you are a 1 lot trader and trading the $5 mini Dow future OK if you just place 2 trades a day and commission cost you $12 round turn that's if you luck most newbes get charged $15 to $20 to trade 1 lot, anyway you trade 2 times a day comm. $15 over 5 days commission cost would be $150, you would need 30 points profit in a week just to cove cost.

Hi CJ

I disagree that market makers know where all the values are. They can't, take MACD for example at anyone time the same indicator take be showing both buy and sell signals.
What I do believe is that market makers know where the market orders are and take price to those levels in order to do there job i.e. fill orders :)

$15 a round trip for the Dow is massive. IB charge I think $5!

Just my thoughts :)

Re: dow trading

cj12 said:
if anyone are interested i ask the person to trade 1 lot for me i will need 5 people max and every $2000 i make for you. You would then trade 2 lots for me and so on,

I only receive money if i give you winners, and that's why im here

So, from your above statements, you are posting on these boards with the intention of recruiting traders for your own financial gain. Is that true?

"So, from your above statements, you are posting on these boards with the intention of recruiting traders for your own financial gain. Is that true?"

Somewhat akin to Naz, Mr. Charts etc then ?

CJ -

I dont use indicators, but I'm interested in your comments : what method do you use to indicate the market is making a move in a particular direction? I use price action and nothing else as I feel that indicators are unreliable and lag anyway.

I dont know that much about the market in general - I just trade what I see on a daily basis - so I dont know how to interpret your comments about the pit traders being in a more advantageous position, other than we all see the same price action, so being in front of "the public" is purely a matter of educating yourself to be faster and better than everyone else. Sure, MM's can see where various stops are and I know that the market is sometimes manipulated in order to shake out the stops and enable buying/selling of more profitable positions, but thats about it, surely? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I'd be interested to know otherwise.

I also echo FB's comments about commissions : I dont know which broker you're referring to - none of them really charge more than about $3.50 per side - IB is $2.40 per side for YM and ES/NQ so the breakeven point is virtually non-existent.

FTSEBeater:
What I do believe is that market makers know where the market orders are and take price to those levels in order to do there job i.e. fill orders

Err, yes it would be the market makers job to execute market orders, your point is? Or did you mean that they can guess where the mug punters stop orders are likely to be placed?

Also, 'there' should be 'their'. Sorry, just one of those really petty things that annoys me!!! Education, Education, Education eh! :)

Err, sid old bean. You've missed an apostrophe, have an exclamation mark instead of a question mark, and Education is not a proper noun. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

illegal activity?

cj12,

Unless I am much mistaken, the activity you describe is illegal in the UK if you are not registered with the FSA to carry on such business......

Basically if you are being remunerated in any way for giving investment / trading advice, your business needs to be registered and regulated by the FSA.....(and therefore needs to pass all the necessary requirements that entails including appropriate qualifications, "fit and proper person" test, capital adequacy etc)....

Thought you should know that if you don't fancy being "banged up" for a while.

Nice one Skim, as soon as I pressed 'submit' I knew it was going to be a bad idea to criticise other people's grammar when I only got a 'B' in O'level English Language!

But there are just two things that really bother me, 'there' instead of 'their' and 'brought' instead of 'bought'. E.g. "There granny brought them a new jumper for Christmas". Arrrgggh

sidinuk said:
FTSEBeater:

Err, yes it would be the market makers job to execute market orders, your point is? Or did you mean that they can guess where the mug punters stop orders are likely to be placed?

Also, 'there' should be 'their'. Sorry, just one of those really petty things that annoys me!!! Education, Education, Education eh! :)
Eek :eek: Apologies for my poor punctuation. My only excuse was that I missed an awful lot of school when I was younger. - and I rely on Word too much these days :cheesy:

With regards stop orders, yes Market makers know where the stops are because they are all put in the same place. Just above resistance or just below support. They rely on these stops to get them out of their positions when they are in them.

If you need me to go into more detail, please let me know :)

know where stops are

yes thats what i ment the market makers and floor traders know where you stops are and they try to gun for them, i used to trade with s&p pit trader a few years ago. and thats how they make they money.

cj

Sidinuk...Do you prefer when people use 'they' instead of 'their'?, ala cj lol :)

cj, do you post on tactical trader under another name? cheers

Keano