Brexit and the Consequences

yes, I deleted the post you quoted since I thought it was a bit intemperate.:).

Which post?

I’m not so sure that a general election would wipe out remoaners. The country is still fairly evenly split between stay or go so I guess both sides are pretty fearful that they might lose out.

Consituency split at the referendum was something like 400 leave vs 250 remain, depends if that has changed much and how votes will be split between parties, so I guess you're not wrong.

. . . If you are so confident then just get the people to clear the log jam by a general election or referendum . . .
C'mon Jon - you can't be serious?!!! You know full well that every brexiteer in the land is champing at the bit to have a general election, but remainer MPs from all the main parties are united in their opposition to holding one because they know full well what would happen. Namely - the swamp would be drained! As for a second referendum, it's only you - and bless you for thinking it - that believes the choice on the ballot paper would be between Boris' deal (aka Mrs. May's deal with lipstick on) and no-deal. Everyone else knows full well that it would be between BoJo's deal and remain - i.e. between the devil and the dark bloo sea. All those million plus protesters didn't trudge through the streets of London on Saturday to have no-deal as an option, lol!!!
Tim.

Last edited:
C'mon Jon - you can't be serious?!!! You know full well that every brexiteer in the land is champing at the bit to have a general election, but remainer MPs from all the main parties are united in their opposition to holding one because they know full well what would happen. Namely - the swamp would be drained! As for a second referendum, it's only you - and bless you for thinking it - that believes the choice on the ballot paper would be between Boris' deal (aka Mrs. May's deal with lipstick on) and no-deal. Everyone else knows full well that it would be between BoJo's deal and remain - i.e. between the devil and the dark bloo sea. All those million plus protesters didn't trudge through the streets of London on Saturday to have no-deal as an option, lol!!!
Tim.
:) I didn’t say it would be, only should be. Ok, I concede it’s parliament blocking an election atm (purportedly because they don’t trust Boris not to manipulate into “no deal“ on the way) but I really don’t think the outcome would be as clear cut as some think and I think that the more sober minds on the brexit side know that.

Which post?

Consituency split at the referendum was something like 400 leave vs 250 remain, depends if that has changed much and how votes will be split between parties, so I guess you're not wrong.

the fckn one. Somehow I‘be missed that constituency breakdown and I was thinking more of the 17million vs 16million votes cast. Admittedly the consituency breakdown does put it in a different perspective but I can’t see died in the wool labour constituences changing to a blue horse or even the Farage charger in great numbers.

What are likely to be the consequences of Brexit?

Thread to consider positive and negative impacts.

Here is the first negative. Shifting UK finance service sector away from London to; Frankfurt, Paris or Amsterdam?

Watch Out London, Amsterdam Is Coming to Get You

Consequences of Brexit? Easy. At the cusp of a 400-yr TREND REVERSAL to the most severe BEAR EVER?

There are no positives except for London going into a bull market in HUMILITY, SORROW, PENANCE

The negatives are summed up as "continual buggering every damn week for 3 years"

Fasten seatbelts hide and watch

Are we there yet ?

Everyone here knows what others voted for and it’s refreshing to see spirited debate that doesn’t end in tears and handbags at dawn.....I suppose the nature of the forum does foster people more used to hard core banter ....especially if you have worked on trading floors in then past ...

I voted for leave as it was the lesser of 2 evils......I’m no bloody fan of european bureaucracy any more than your average brexiteer.......but I knew the dogmess that would prevail if we let the cat out off the bag And voted to leave......

I voted to keep people in jobs ....and an exchange rate at levels that might allow,me to buy a few extra beers in european bars ......and even allow,me the privilege of spending more,time in Europe than 90 days in every 180 ......as I was looking to buy a,property out there and also work again in Europe’s as I have done in spells for the last 40 years

I was hoping for the uk to stay partners in a larger gang to protect ourselves from the bullies out there ......and i was hoping we were going to allow Ireland to extend it’s precious and fragile peace process for more happy years ahead ....

But mainly again I voted to remain as I don’t trust anyone in politics to do it’s job correctly .....
And all we have seen is parliament reflect the narrow margin of victory seen in the referendum......The majority of mps wanted to stay in Europe so that’s why we are still in stalemate .....

We can argue here until the cows come home.....but parliament then will,continue to prevent this deal.....especially as the deals are getting progressively worse .......although many will argue with me perhaps on that .....

Whilst I know it’s heresy I think the only way this can be solved is put it back to the people .........I’m not sure which way it goes ....but aside,from crashing out which I think we all agree is bad .......it’s the only way to resolve it

I wish the eu would turn around and say this .......everyone keep banging on about eu wanting us to take the deal.......in reality they’d want us to stay ......so I would love them to,say

Take the deal or stay .....

N

Perhaps we could have an army coup and throw all those half baked MPs into the street ?
They will never agree anything with Corbyn at the helm of the dissidents.
Dig up Oliver Cromwell ! All is forgiven.
lol

Perhaps we could have an army coup and throw all those half baked MPs into the street ?
lol

Not sure what else we do though......This will Go on forever

Last edited:
Not sure what else we do though......This will Go on forever

Make a deal with the United States now. Sell UK to us for the Capital of Iceland, i.e. 5 bucks. Our cost after purchase would be in the trillions given how far you've let yourself go.

God was creating all the countries and it was the United Kingdom’s turn.
He turned to his angels and said, “ They shall live on a miserable damp island, they’ll barely get along with each other and be constantly on each other’s throats if not dealing with other countries, have bland food, the worst dental hygiene and have this insufferable fantasy about their country being the best.”

The angels asked God “Don’t you think you’re screwing them over?”

And God said, “Not as bad as they’re going to screw over the rest of the world.”

United Kingdom: Brexit is the stupid most self destructive act a country could take.
USA : lol, hold my beer

Traitorous MPs worried about future investigations into their remoaner activities, let's hope lots of them end up in court on treason charges.

if you see or are attacked in anyway by another member or see foul gross language on the boards then please report it
lol

Watch how I get admonished for telling T2W's biggest time waster to take my trade and make some money instead of just wasting gobs of time like over the last 6 years

Instructions:
close faucet for non-stop daily ****.
Then LONG opening on EurGbp: 4H massive +ve divergence, run trade on lower timeframes from 10-min to 60-min. Stop under the 261.8% Fibo

Good luck :):)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just a teensy weensy bit on the side of Farage here. 'You can't trust the Tories' was my motto and it's turned out to be true.

Put on a trade, Siggy, you're involved in too much side bs which never ends. Make some money. 95% of a fella's problems vanish when he has a few bucks in his pocket. Go to the beach and forget about all this crap going on in UK. Its going to be a US state anyway, so why bother. cut your losses now, move to Goa or come visit me in Calif., You probably have not been laid in a few years, we will change that when you get here. :)

I'm just a teensy weensy bit on the side of Farage here. 'You can't trust the Tories' was my motto and it's turned out to be true.

meaning we can trust anyone in the House of commons ?..............im not a 100% fan but at least Ken Clarke last night in the commons acquitted himself well by berating Boris and his cronies on their childish behaviour in not taking steps to move the bill forward immediately with more reasonable timescales

instead he flounced out and left the house .... rediculous theatre

its all games for Boris .....hes not interested in Brexit at all (as its in his hands almost now)....he wants an election and to keep control of the country........Screw getting brexit done now ?

N

meaning we can trust anyone in the House of commons ?..............im not a 100% fan but at least Ken Clarke last night in the commons acquitted himself well by berating Boris and his cronies on their childish behaviour in not taking steps to move the bill forward immediately with more reasonable timescales

instead he flounced out and left the house .... rediculous theatre

its all games for Boris .....hes not interested in Brexit at all (as its in his hands almost now)....he wants an election and to keep control of the country........Screw getting brexit done now ?

N
The only reason the ERG are backing May's reheated deal is because they want to save the Tory party at the polls, if we are not out on the 31st then they are scared they will lose lots of seats to TBP, otherwise why would they have changed their minds over a BRINO deal?

Agree , there is no-one in the HoC that is trustworthy (never has been!)

The only reason the ERG are backing May's reheated deal is because they want to save the Tory party at the polls, if we are not out on the 31st then they are scared they will lose lots of seats to TBP, otherwise why would they have changed their minds over a BRINO deal?

Agree , there is no-one in the HoC that is trustworthy (never has been!)

The last thing they're interested in is what their constituents want. I've long thought that the last person to make a serious contribution to English politics was Guy Fawkes.