Brexit and the Consequences

So the response from EU and European leaders to TMs departure is to thank her for being an easy negotiator and for not rocking the boat, the deal already negotiated is the only one on the table and will not change.

Only one way Brexit is [still] going, no-deal.

Last edited:
Did you hear that? Stop whatever it is that you're doing and listen carefully. Hear it now? That's the sweet sound of a collective sigh of national relief being felt the length and breadth of the land. Now all we need is for the Brexit Party and UKIP to be totally dominant in the EU elections and deliver a crystal clear message to the Tories that they need to elect a genuine brexiteer as their next leader. Hopefully, that person will be either Boris Johnson or Dominic Raab and, in turn, they will appoint JRM as Brexit minister. That should get the job done!
:p

Last edited:
Just saw TM's speech online.

What a ridiculous person. Serve the country you love by cocking it all up.

Acting in contempt of Parliament and with acts of political treachery to your team, supposedly leading cabinet. Delusional. Good riddance. Cry your eyes out whilst the country rejoices and expresses sighs of relief.

I see that the Conservative contenders for PM are already fighting like rats in a sack and there is a strong movement to stop anyone favouring a clean Brexit. They just never learn do they? Nigel must already be laughing his socks off and the Euro election results aren't even in yet!

Just stumbled across a short YouTube vid' by Vladimir Bukovsky. For anyone not familiar with him and questions what his credentials are and why we would do well to listen to him - check out this Wikipedia entry: Vladimir Bukovsky. The vid' makes a powerful and disturbing connection between the structure of the Soviet Union and the European Union. For the reasons Bukovsky outlines, for all intents and purposes, they are pretty much one and the same:

Just stumbled across a short YouTube vid' by Vladimir Bukovsky. For anyone not familiar with him and questions what his credentials are and why we would do well to listen to him - check out this Wikipedia entry: Vladimir Bukovsky. The vid' makes a powerful and disturbing connection between the structure of the Soviet Union and the European Union. For the reasons Bukovsky outlines, for all intents and purposes, they are pretty much one and the same:

It's a good point that I've seen recently made elsewhere – can't find the reference now! We should note that the Berlin Wall fell in 1991 and was followed by the Maastricht treaty in 1992. This effectively led to the creation of a politburo in Brussels with plenty of staff vacancies available for dispossessed officials previously running Soviet Germany. Indeed, Frau Merkel herself was a product of Soviet East Germany.

If you want a rational view of the EU – just apply Tony Benn's 5 principles of democracy and think about the answers carefully. IMHO point 5 is the most important of all.
1. “What power have you got?”​
2. “Where did you get it from?”​
3. “In whose interests do you use it?”​
4. “To whom are you accountable?”​
5. “How do we get rid of you?”

Last edited:

DAMMIT THE CAP LOCK’S STUCK. Ah, that’s better.

I see from Vladimir’s facial structure in his picture that he has a forehead, eyes, ears, a nose, a mouth and a chin. So do I, in the same positions too. Blimey, I must be Vladimir Bukovsky. ;)

. . . I see from Vladimir’s facial structure in his picture that he has a forehead, eyes, ears, a nose, a mouth and a chin. So do I, in the same positions too. Blimey, I must be Vladimir Bukovsky. ;)
Hi Jon,
I assume you're trying to suggest that any similarity between the Soviet Union and the EU is purely coincidence? I think not!!!!

Early results show Brexit Party cleaning up at the European elections. (y)

Tories and Labour are toast, the plug has been pulled and the swamp is draining.

Only way is Brexit (WTO) with Farage in charge of the Brexit levers ( no pun intended [emoji2]).

Last edited:
they will never exit ) GBP as currency was need volatility ) but finally USD killed this GBPUSD pair nad it goes down

Leadership needs clear vision and direction. Sitting on the fence or attempting to please people is not leadership. It's called dithering on the sidelines unable to commit with clear action, facing up to consequences.

Tories and Labour abysmal diabolical performance clear to see.

Labour unable to make a choice and provide clear direction.

TM unable to carry Parliament with her, instead choosing to obstruct and play silly politics placing party and vested personal interests above and country and unity. Right from the start she was playing silly poker not showing hands or play to Parliament, thinking she's clever. Tories banked on EU capitulating at the last minute as they always do so they said. Davies played a bluffing game too. Bunch of idiots.

Farage and the Brexit party will fare no better. With 31.6% of the votes hardly a majority to lead the country. If anything they are less unitary than the Tories. You should already know where they will end up. Farage will reveal his ineptitude to you all soon enough. Give him enough time and rope and see what he delivers to you.

Tories need to purge the ERG from their ranks. They do not represent the nation's interests. Bunch of elitist pr!cks imo.

Listening to LBC lots of interesting viewpoints and some well informed ones alongside dire ill-informed stupid ones. Some commenting on the will of the people tosh and how sick of it they were. Obviously this is my view point too. Moreover, a valid point the will of the people was exercised by Parliament in the last three years and effectively it has brought us to this point. What happens when the animals take over the farm :eek: . Much like ones garden. Left unattended weeds take over without some order and control.

In this debate one must pick a side as middle ground is chaos imo. Not as good as deal we have and Brexit will open a can of worms and take the UK back good many steps and risk braking up the union too.

LibDems done well. Really proud of my party. Against all the drubbing and bad mouthing. Conviction politics can be found in the LibDems who put country before party and votes. Tories and Labour can learn much from the LibDems.

(y)

I see Theresa May has resigned, but Trump is still on the job!! All you anti Trump guys need to look at your own politics :)

Peter

Leadership needs clear vision and direction. Sitting on the fence or attempting to please people is not leadership. It's called dithering on the sidelines unable to commit with clear action, facing up to consequences.

Tories and Labour abysmal diabolical performance clear to see.

Labour unable to make a choice and provide clear direction.

TM unable to carry Parliament with her, instead choosing to obstruct and play silly politics placing party and vested personal interests above and country and unity. Right from the start she was playing silly poker not showing hands or play to Parliament, thinking she's clever. Tories banked on EU capitulating at the last minute as they always do so they said. Davies played a bluffing game too. Bunch of idiots.

Farage and the Brexit party will fare no better. With 31.6% of the votes hardly a majority to lead the country. If anything they are less unitary than the Tories. You should already know where they will end up. Farage will reveal his ineptitude to you all soon enough. Give him enough time and rope and see what he delivers to you.

Tories need to purge the ERG from their ranks. They do not represent the nation's interests. Bunch of elitist pr!cks imo.

Listening to LBC lots of interesting viewpoints and some well informed ones alongside dire ill-informed stupid ones. Some commenting on the will of the people tosh and how sick of it they were. Obviously this is my view point too. Moreover, a valid point the will of the people was exercised by Parliament in the last three years and effectively it has brought us to this point. What happens when the animals take over the farm :eek: . Much like ones garden. Left unattended weeds take over without some order and control.

In this debate one must pick a side as middle ground is chaos imo. Not as good as deal we have and Brexit will open a can of worms and take the UK back good many steps and risk braking up the union too.

LibDems done well. Really proud of my party. Against all the drubbing and bad mouthing. Conviction politics can be found in the LibDems who put country before party and votes. Tories and Labour can learn much from the LibDems.

(y)

Tories & Labour are nobodies, Libdems & Greens are just a remain protest vote.

Brexit WTO most likely outcome, only other choices will be any that the EU makes.

[emoji1360]

Tories & Labour are nobodies, Libdems & Greens are just a remain protest vote.

Brexit WTO most likely outcome, only other choices will be any that the EU makes.

[emoji1360]

Pal of mine who ran a ftse100 company reckons we should just shut up shop now, stop talking with EU and let October arrive when we will leave on WTO terms by default. After that we should invite the EU to submit proposals if they are interested in some other deal.

(y)
[/QUOTE]
Pal of mine who ran a ftse100 company reckons we should just shut up shop now, stop talking with EU and let October arrive when we will leave on WTO terms by default. After that we should invite the EU to submit proposals if they are interested in some other deal.
Should have done that 3 years ago; (and told them to get on the train and come to Westminster to talk! )

Last edited: