Brexit and the Consequences

Have a sneaky feeling no matter what words are spoken peeps will hear what they like to or want to hear.

Still should be a jolly good show, far better than hearing TM or JC talking tosh.

(y)

Have a sneaky feeling no matter what words are spoken peeps will hear what they like to or want to hear.

Still should be a jolly good show, far better than hearing TM or JC talking tosh.

(y)
Just finished watching – a remarkably civilised and polite debate by today's standards.

It’s clear Farage has been taking lessons from trump and the US style of campaigning. Full of glitz, people whooping, queuing to see the main attraction, all cheering,clapping and holding up placards, lots of positive vibes and optimism and booing at the opposition.

No substance other than Brexit of course, but then that’s the point.

Brexit Party's success will topple both May and Corbyn, vows Farage

Farage is good tv and has raised popularist politics to an art form.........

but as we all know he has no substance whatsoever...... aside from his Brexit switch....turn him on in public and few people can match him ............as he only has 1 agenda .......UK to leave EU

ukip didnt suit him so now we have the Brexit party .........ronseal politics........any other policies Nige ?.......oh uk to leave EU .......thats original ......thanks ......

ALTHOUGH .......to see him berating the EU parliament has been a guilty pleasure .....so not all doom from me .....

N

Farage is good tv and has raised popularist politics to an art form.........

but as we all know he has no substance whatsoever...... aside from his Brexit switch....turn him on in public and few people can match him ............as he only has 1 agenda .......UK to leave EU

ukip didnt suit him so now we have the Brexit party .........ronseal politics........any other policies Nige ?.......oh uk to leave EU .......thats original ......thanks ......

ALTHOUGH .......to see him berating the EU parliament has been a guilty pleasure .....so not all doom from me .....

N

Farage's success post EU elections will depend on what he comes up with for the real test - a General Election. It's a bit premature to say he has no substance - although that may turn out to be true in the wider context - since he's concentrated on Brexit for the last 20-odd years and has only "discovered" the UK democracy deficit of late. At least many of his candidates appear to have had real jobs and not been spawned by the traditional routes. It may be some time before we can make a realistic assessment of the Brexit Party's worth but the current lot at Westminster and their predecessors haven't exactly covered themselves in glory have they?

Farage's success post EU elections will depend on what he comes up with for the real test - a General Election. It's a bit premature to say he has no substance - although that may turn out to be true in the wider context - since he's concentrated on Brexit for the last 20-odd years and has only "discovered" the UK democracy deficit of late. At least many of his candidates appear to have had real jobs and not been spawned by the traditional routes. It may be some time before we can make a realistic assessment of the Brexit Party's worth but the current lot at Westminster and their predecessors haven't exactly covered themselves in glory have they?

All they have to do is produce a contract with the people and field 650 candidates and the EU elections will be repeated. Most remain MPs will lose their seats, there's talk of 50 seats, I think there will be many more, every leave constituency will vote the same way, probably more now. Many people still won't care too much for their 'manifesto' because to actually get Brexit you have to remove remainer MPs, it will still be the most important single issue until we leave the EU, its a one way street.

If the Brexit Party does well tomorrow it will be the precursor to a general election, no doubt about it, it's what people are now waiting for as almost a given.

Brexit with a deal if it was available or no deal was what we voted for (and was promised), a deal has not emerged so we are on no-deal unless the EU radically changes itself which is highly unlikely.

Remainers and remain MPs still don't 'get it' its why they will fail to get a second referendum or remain.

The establishment & deep state will go into meltdown once they realise the overwhelming threat facing them, plenty of fireworks to come, not of the celebratory kind either. Think of the state security apparatus, the institutions, the education system, the civil service, local governments, the BBC, currently still infested with left wingers as a result of the Labour years, they will need to be slowly replaced as well, it's a big job, Brexit is just a small part of it.

Regime change here we come (y):arrowr:X

Well-reasoned article by Matthew Goodwin. Quite long but worth reading. Explains why the Remainers are in deep trouble.

Leadsom resigns. Doesn't believe in Mays compromise compromise deal and will not support it.

Come on May, just sod off after the EU election drubbing. (y)

Leadsom resigns. Doesn't believe in Mays compromise compromise deal and will not support it.

Come on May, just sod off after the EU election drubbing. (y)

Very brave of her.

Another useless politician in the making.

Made up qualifications.

Lacks talent or vision. Talks well.

So we have Raab, Leadsom, Boris in the running... Nice shower. (n)

Very brave of her.

Another useless politician in the making.

Made up qualifications.

Lacks talent or vision. Talks well.

So we have Raab, Leadsom, Boris in the running... Nice shower. (n)

Nobody cares about the Tories anymore, the Tories are nobodies.

I always thought you and CV were a double act?

You are right SC and I do agree with you.

I'm delighted to see Tories and Labour in the doldrums.

Brave new world! Either way I'm for all in or all out.

All the best matey (y)

So, given the strength of opinions and all, how many of us are actually voting today?
( Looks like a nice morning. A trip up the Stiperstones in the offing for the afternoon! )

So, given the strength of opinions and all, how many of us are actually voting today?
( Looks like a nice morning. A trip up the Stiperstones in the offing for the afternoon! )

Certainly am, remember, if voting Brexit party, to mark your cross in black pen, they only supply pencils in the polling stations and we all know a pencil mark can be erased [emoji854]

I always thought you and CV were a double act?

All the best matey (y)

Fraid not Att, me and CV are of independent thought, whilst we may want the same outcome we may differ on the approach to getting there.

Anyway good luck on this historic day, it’s been fun being a small part of political history, even if it is confined to this thread, long may it continue [emoji2]

Much to my annoyance I can't vote today. Stuck in Scotland with work. Been here 8 weeks and will be here for the best part of the year. Oh well, never mind !

Much to my annoyance I can't vote today. Stuck in Scotland with work. Been here 8 weeks and will be here for the best part of the year. Oh well, never mind !
(n)
Tut-tut c_v. I'm surprised, as you must be aware of postal voting for those that can't (quite legitimately) get to their polling station. Just think, your vote (or lack thereof) might be the difference between the Brexit party candidate and the Change UK candidate being elected! Be that as it may, hope the job goes well in bonnie scotiland.
Tim.