Brexit and the Consequences

Agreed SC. Too many vested interests and some sort of compromise is the higher probability.

Only reason for veto-ing deal imo is to facilitate the Article 50 revocation which is the ideal outcome and one that Blair is pushing for. (y)

Are you being duped by Blair for a second time? *shakes head in disbelief*

Are you being duped by Blair for a second time? *shakes head in disbelief*

No matey - you know my sentiments and where I stand right from the start. His views just happens to coincide with mine that's all.

I was merely stating if France or any other nation does veto the extension then you can bet your pension Parliament will go for revocation. Far too much money at stake for the big boys. Moggy is just a wet wipe.

By the way just out of interest when Ireland had the referendum and opted out due to some daft religious belief about EU legalising abortion - which in it self has absolute zilch to do with EU and then took the vote again and decided to stay, Moggy made a big song and dance about how it is the EU that makes these countries like Greece and Ireland take the vote again.

As you can see including with the UK, it's not the EU but the actual countries that dither, think about it and then realise politicians are taking them for a ride and then reverse decision realising EU membership is better than relying solely on their own politicians. Probably because collective leadership much like a cooperative, works better than a private monopoly run by some egoistic power crazed self righteous politician.

Anyhow my point is - has anyone realised how Ireland isn't thinking about leaving the EU, braking rank or giving the UK the offer of even just one straw to grasp at. NO! They are not. They are happy in EU and prepared to hold the line.

Must make you think and wonder about what all that self righteous speel that Moggy twit gave you all. CV didn't half like his hot posts and youtube clips. Look at him now. Look at Govey. I wonder if CV still has his head up Moggy's rear? :)

You Brexiteers better pick your leaders well as I like to remind you. Don't have much of a crop do you.

Now you are waiting for your UKIP nobs. As if they are anything remotely reasonable or principled politician type like Corbyn is? I'll bet you most of them will be hoo haarrr we are sexist proud hooligan types. By the way Farage and UKIP aren't they divorced now? Just wondering how they will get to share the booty vote?

Right pigs dinner it's going to be. Out of the frying pan and into the fire. Here comes the UKIP boys. Fragmented parliament with lots of noise. All they need to do is get elected, get rid of the HoLs and make some brave and bold new laws - then we'll all be well and trully, really, really stuffed.

1554766203111.png
we have to look forward to...

(y)

Apparently UKIP have 1400-1500 candidates for local elections, so there will be plenty to choose from for MEP's also. They tripled the vote in the Newport by election, if that translates into local elections.......bye bye Tory & Labour controlled councils, interesting times ahead.

From my reading, UKIP have been working hard for months to get it sorted as this was all predicted. Then you also have the big social media personalities joining UKIP and the membership has soared.

LOL I'm sure they are all fine upright standing ladies n gentlemen of the finest pure white breed. ;)

LOL I'm sure they are all fine upright standing ladies n gentlemen of the finest pure white breed. ;)

How racist your response is! [emoji1361]

I think this is one of the most racist comments I’ve seen on this thread. I’m quite frankly flabbergasted Att.

I wasn’t too sure of the views you held before, not quite sure I was expecting such racism from you though ?

Why do you hold such extreme views, please explain?

Last edited:
No matey - you know my sentiments and where I stand right from the start. His views just happens to coincide with mine that's all.

I was merely stating if France or any other nation does veto the extension then you can bet your pension Parliament will go for revocation. Far too much money at stake for the big boys. Moggy is just a wet wipe.

By the way just out of interest when Ireland had the referendum and opted out due to some daft religious belief about EU legalising abortion - which in it self has absolute zilch to do with EU and then took the vote again and decided to stay, Moggy made a big song and dance about how it is the EU that makes these countries like Greece and Ireland take the vote again.

As you can see including with the UK, it's not the EU but the actual countries that dither, think about it and then realise politicians are taking them for a ride and then reverse decision realising EU membership is better than relying solely on their own politicians. Probably because collective leadership much like a cooperative, works better than a private monopoly run by some egoistic power crazed self righteous politician.

Anyhow my point is - has anyone realised how Ireland isn't thinking about leaving the EU, braking rank or giving the UK the offer of even just one straw to grasp at. NO! They are not. They are happy in EU and prepared to hold the line.

Must make you think and wonder about what all that self righteous speel that Moggy twit gave you all. CV didn't half like his hot posts and youtube clips. Look at him now. Look at Govey. I wonder if CV still has his head up Moggy's rear? :)

You Brexiteers better pick your leaders well as I like to remind you. Don't have much of a crop do you.

Now you are waiting for your UKIP nobs. As if they are anything remotely reasonable or principled politician type like Corbyn is? I'll bet you most of them will be hoo haarrr we are sexist proud hooligan types. By the way Farage and UKIP aren't they divorced now? Just wondering how they will get to share the booty vote?

Right pigs dinner it's going to be. Out of the frying pan and into the fire. Here comes the UKIP boys. Fragmented parliament with lots of noise. All they need to do is get elected, get rid of the HoLs and make some brave and bold new laws - then we'll all be well and trully, really, really stuffed.

View attachment 261781 we have to look forward to...

(y)

Except that the decision to leave the EU has nothing to do with politicians. A fundamental point you don’t seem to grasp.

How racist your response is! [emoji1361]

I think this is one of the most racist comments I’ve seen on this thread. I’m quite frankly flabbergasted Att.

I wasn’t too sure of the views you held before, not quite sure I was expecting such racism from you though ?

Why do you hold such extreme views, please explain?

Oh dear! I must be having a Jon Snow Sherlock moment stating the obvious. How bad of me. Ooopsy. :eek:

However, to suggest I hold extreme views is just a little incy wincy bit of an exaggeration. :censored:

Am I a racist? I don't know perhaps I'm having an identity crises. I'll have to ponder about that one? :unsure:

Except that the decision to leave the EU has nothing to do with politicians. A fundamental point you don’t seem to grasp.

I think I do. It's about identity right. It's not about the economy or politicians yes.

However, to me it is about the national interest and how that national interest feeds through the UK populace.

Issue I have is how should National Interest be measured? How does one quantify happiness, health and simply well being. :)

That's a tough one. Measuring cars, number of mobile phones or infant mortality deaths just doesn't seem to work well.

Must dash... (y)

Oh dear! I must be having a Jon Snow Sherlock moment stating the obvious. How bad of me. Ooopsy. :eek:

However, to suggest I hold extreme views is just a little incy wincy bit of an exaggeration. :censored:

Am I a racist? I don't know perhaps I'm having an identity crises. I'll have to ponder about that one? :unsure:

Typical far left viewpoint, no argument, revert to slurs, racist and bigoted, extreme. Terrible.

I think I do. It's about identity right. It's not about the economy or politicians yes.

However, to me it is about the national interest and how that national interest feeds through the UK populace.

Issue I have is how should National Interest be measured? How does one quantify happiness, health and simply well being. :)

That's a tough one. Measuring cars, number of mobile phones or infant mortality deaths just doesn't seem to work well.

Must dash... (y)

Still missing the point I see. What is the point of having a vote if anti-democratic politicians see fit to not implement such a vote?

Answer - there is no point. What has 3 years of political meddling achieved when it could have been so simple.

Here's some more racists (I'm having trouble figuring out what race has to do with Brexit, maybe a leftie can explain)? o_O

Still missing the point I see. What is the point of having a vote if anti-democratic politicians see fit to not implement such a vote?

Answer - there is no point. What has 3 years of political meddling achieved when it could have been so simple.

Hi SC,

From my perspective, I'm afraid you still don't understand the errors of judgement that is inherent in public perception of our politicians. You are also in denial about our great parliament and how it works.

First off Cameron or Osborn saying they'll do this and they'll do that are simply campaign pledges. What they say does not become law. What any politician says does not become law and should not be perceived in that way.

imo Politicians are a little like tortured souls who will say anything to get and retain power. So when Boris said they'll give £350m to the NHS on the side of that red bus, he really should have also said Wales will no longer get regional aid from the EU rebates because ALL of it will be given to the NHS. Then the Welsh Assembly and people could have made a real informed vote on Brexit. As it happens they too are not happy. Scotts and NI peeps aren't happy either. So many broken promises on all sides.

You see these campaign slogans and words and so called promises aren't really what they are made up to be. They do not become law - until our Sovereign Parliament gets to debate and vote on those expressions of interest before it does.

So all those people out their banging their drum about the narrow referendum vote (purely advisory) for Parliament to debate and vote on simply DO NOT understand and equally worse do not recognise the other 48% of the vote to remain in.

Cameron did recognise that he made a grave error of judgement and stepped down because he realised he told a pack of lies and could not deliver, had no desire to deliver and no doubt understood what it meant to even attempt to deliver Brexit.

Simple Brexit indeed. Easiest in History. Rest of the World queuing up to Trade with us.

In fact, I heard one lady on telly the other night who said Italy has now piped down rhetoric after EU citizens have seen what a mess the great UK government have become after their love affair over Brexit. No more desire in their politicians trumpeting Italy to leave the EU. So Brexit is really helping the unification and solidarity amongst members in the EU.

Having said all that, our politicians are NOT anti-democratic. They are simply doing their job with Parliament looking out for the interest of the nation representing the true will of the people coz lies will not be tolerated in Parliament unlike our MSM media which you are so fond of selective promotion.

(y)

Here's some more racists (I'm having trouble figuring out what race has to do with Brexit, maybe a leftie can explain)? o_O

OK, I'm game...even though strictly speaking I don't fall neatly into the leftie bracket - for some reason I'm reminded of the saying "Leftie loosy - Rightie Tighty.":

As you so pertinently drew attention to the gathering of racists and the fact that there were some as yet unlynched darkies amongst them, I feel I should point out that racism ain't what it used to be. Gone are those halcyon days of clarity and "No Blacks, No Irish, No Dogs". Like a great deal of language, use and abuse has diluted the original meanings to suit the present users' ends. I can now score points by branding someone "racist" when really I mean "xenophobe".... and anyway "racist" has only two syllables and is a word that fits neatly into headlines and doesn't need looking up in the dictionary. Xenophobia can have an entirely rational basis where racism cannot and it depends almost entirely on prejudice, whether unjustified or justified. These days, when I shout rude things about the Belgians (or the Welsh - one of my favourite targets) I find that somehow I've gone from being a proud chauvinist to something that I don't recognise or understand.

Possibly because of my residual Englishness, I am filled with a degree of cultural shame - not because of what we once were but what we have become. I realise now that I too am not what I thought I was and that there is a perfectly good reason (by today's standards) for my self-loathing and embarrassment: I'm a racist.

...and I nearly forgot to give a nod to the Brexit bit. It's time for a song again and those paragons of all that is good in England knew what was what, what?

"Darling you got to let me know
Should I stay or should I go?"

Hi SC,

From my perspective, I'm afraid you still don't understand the errors of judgement that is inherent in public perception of our politicians. You are also in denial about our great parliament and how it works.

First off Cameron or Osborn saying they'll do this and they'll do that are simply campaign pledges. What they say does not become law. What any politician says does not become law and should not be perceived in that way.

imo Politicians are a little like tortured souls who will say anything to get and retain power. So when Boris said they'll give £350m to the NHS on the side of that red bus, he really should have also said Wales will no longer get regional aid from the EU rebates because ALL of it will be given to the NHS. Then the Welsh Assembly and people could have made a real informed vote on Brexit. As it happens they too are not happy. Scotts and NI peeps aren't happy either. So many broken promises on all sides.

You see these campaign slogans and words and so called promises aren't really what they are made up to be. They do not become law - until our Sovereign Parliament gets to debate and vote on those expressions of interest before it does.

So all those people out their banging their drum about the narrow referendum vote (purely advisory) for Parliament to debate and vote on simply DO NOT understand and equally worse do not recognise the other 48% of the vote to remain in.

Cameron did recognise that he made a grave error of judgement and stepped down because he realised he told a pack of lies and could not deliver, had no desire to deliver and no doubt understood what it meant to even attempt to deliver Brexit.

Simple Brexit indeed. Easiest in History. Rest of the World queuing up to Trade with us.

In fact, I heard one lady on telly the other night who said Italy has now piped down rhetoric after EU citizens have seen what a mess the great UK government have become after their love affair over Brexit. No more desire in their politicians trumpeting Italy to leave the EU. So Brexit is really helping the unification and solidarity amongst members in the EU.

Having said all that, our politicians are NOT anti-democratic. They are simply doing their job with Parliament looking out for the interest of the nation representing the true will of the people coz lies will not be tolerated in Parliament unlike our MSM media which you are so fond of selective promotion.

(y)

You contradict yourself, one the one hand politicians are liars for votes, on the other our great parliament is just doing its job, upholding democracy and looking out for the interests of the nation.

What is it to be, it can’t be both?

You are deluding yourself because we all know what politicians are and are not, are you trying to hoodwink a class of 3 year old here ?

You contradict yourself, one the one hand politicians are liars for votes, on the other our great parliament is just doing its job, upholding democracy and looking out for the interests of the nation.

What is it to be, it can’t be both?

You are deluding yourself because we all know what politicians are and are not, are you trying to hoodwink a class of 3 year old here ?

Matey it is a process. They may have the best intentions in the World. It's possible Boris not exactly the brightest of sparks much like your self and CV may have misunderstood him self how the EU works or what a rebate is or how much UK gets. You can put all kinds of reasonable arguments which can make one go arrrgghhh ?

Point remains, it is Parliament that debates, votes on and passes laws. Not one or two politicians shouting slogans to win votes, hearts and minds.

How those actual laws get enacted is the nitty gritty bit you fail to grasp.

fwiw I saw Tim Loughton few days ago with just 'one' of his minions. Yesterday evening I saw Labour peeps wearing their rosettes calling door to door along Brighton Road. I counted 5 on one street. Window posters already up. Labour working hard. Tories becoming endangered species, facing extinction around here.

:eek:

OK, I'm game...even though strictly speaking I don't fall neatly into the leftie bracket - for some reason I'm reminded of the saying "Leftie loosy - Rightie Tighty.":

As you so pertinently drew attention to the gathering of racists and the fact that there were some as yet unlynched darkies amongst them, I feel I should point out that racism ain't what it used to be. Gone are those halcyon days of clarity and "No Blacks, No Irish, No Dogs". Like a great deal of language, use and abuse has diluted the original meanings to suit the present users' ends. I can now score points by branding someone "racist" when really I mean "xenophobe".... and anyway "racist" has only two syllables and is a word that fits neatly into headlines and doesn't need looking up in the dictionary. Xenophobia can have an entirely rational basis where racism cannot and it depends almost entirely on prejudice, whether unjustified or justified. These days, when I shout rude things about the Belgians (or the Welsh - one of my favourite targets) I find that somehow I've gone from being a proud chauvinist to something that I don't recognise or understand.

Possibly because of my residual Englishness, I am filled with a degree of cultural shame - not because of what we once were but what we have become. I realise now that I too am not what I thought I was and that there is a perfectly good reason (by today's standards) for my self-loathing and embarrassment: I'm a racist.

...and I nearly forgot to give a nod to the Brexit bit. It's time for a song again and those paragons of all that is good in England knew what was what, what?

"Darling you got to let me know
Should I stay or should I go?"

LOL thanks for volunteering for the leftie bracket old bean. Indeed you are brave to step forward on such an emotive and most divisive delicate subject matter.

I wouldn't be so humble as you to feel any shame as if it is a genuine feeling then best to let it out rather than keeping it in as my dear mummy always likes to remind me.

I would like to simply point out that there is a bluring distinction between prejudice (some call this unconscious bias) and racism. Whether we like it or not we all have them. One can often see this at play on the fringes when one gets into public transport where there is a choice of seating available. I appreciate this may sound silly but it nevertheless imo makes the grand point.

I do like the independents and really adore Anna Soubry. I'd love to sit next to her. :love::love::love:

Matey it is a process. They may have the best intentions in the World. It's possible Boris not exactly the brightest of sparks much like your self and CV may have misunderstood him self how the EU works or what a rebate is or how much UK gets. You can put all kinds of reasonable arguments which can make one go arrrgghhh ?

What a crock, I'm sure you understand perfectly why myself and CV voted leave.

Point remains, it is Parliament that debates, votes on and passes laws. Not one or two politicians shouting slogans to win votes, hearts and minds.

How those actual laws get enacted is the nitty gritty bit you fail to grasp.

Yes they passed a law called Article 50 with an exit date 2 weeks ago, simples! We all know how parliament is supposed to operate, it's called democracy, alas they have shown themselves not to follow those particular rules and just gone ahead with their own loser plan.

fwiw I saw Tim Loughton few days ago with just 'one' of his minions. Yesterday evening I saw Labour peeps wearing their rosettes calling door to door along Brighton Road. I counted 5 on one street. Window posters already up. Labour working hard. Tories becoming endangered species, facing extinction around here.

:eek:

So you think Tories replaced with Labour will bring about any change? Poor misguided fool you are.

Tories should face extinction on a wider scale and take the LibLab cabal with them, not holding much hope for it though as daft people will continue to vote for them.

LOL thanks for volunteering for the leftie bracket old bean. Indeed you are brave to step forward on such an emotive and most divisive delicate subject matter.

Nothing leftie about it, well, maybe the self loathing, self hating and guilt trip aspects are.

I wouldn't be so humble as you to feel any shame as if it is a genuine feeling then best to let it out rather than keeping it in as my dear mummy always likes to remind me.

But you must if explaining the leftie PoV

I would like to simply point out that there is a bluring distinction between prejudice (some call this unconscious bias) and racism. Whether we like it or not we all have them. One can often see this at play on the fringes when one gets into public transport where there is a choice of seating available. I appreciate this may sound silly but it nevertheless imo makes the grand point.

Straight out of the leftie playbook, silly it is yes, I agree with you.

I do like the independents and really adore Anna Soubry. I'd love to sit next to her. :love::love::love:

Soubrey is a racist and a bigot, you would be in good company.