Brexit and the Consequences

Cultural enrichment, diversity. No, for the first time they are saying terrorism, death to non believers. Well that's a new twist, some truth telling coming out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47677657

Not exactly a new twist as the "death to unbelievers" is a subject in the Koran, though usually with the qualification that one has to preach to them first and they then have to refuse to convert. So really they've been saying similar things for 1400+ years.

Interesting factlet is that "muslim" means somebody who submits and "Islam' being submission.... or surrender, depending on your take.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly a new twist as the "death to unbelievers" is a subject in the Koran, though usually with the qualification that one has to preach to them first and they then have to refuse to convert. So really they've been saying similar things for 1400+ years.

Interesting factlet is that "muslim" means somebody who submits and "Islam' being submission.... or surrender, depending on your take.

New twist for the BBC then. Must be a foreign news generated story that slipped through the bias filter.:)

Just to add some context, All the leavers were signing it on twitter under false names and multiple times with the same email address just to see how secure it was for the laugh... 80% are from overseas too, The whole petition has become a farce.

Secondly, The petition is to get MP's to "consider it for debate in parliament" Have they not been debating it for the last 2.5 years ??

Just to add some context, All the leavers were signing it on twitter under false names and multiple times with the same email address just to see how secure it was for the laugh... 80% are from overseas too, The whole petition has become a farce.

Secondly, The petition is to get MP's to "consider it for debate in parliament" Have they not been debating it for the last 2.5 years ??

The first part seems to be the case - I just tried signing up with two different names but the same email address, one a couple of minutes after the other and they both went through. I also tried signing up with a foreign email address and that also went through and I received the email link to click; however, to be fair, the qualifying box to tick states that one must be either a British Citizen or a UK resident. I suppose this makes the petition about as as reliable as the Vote Leave campaign and only slightly less of a scam.

It does seem to be a waste of time in the first place as the end result of the petition is a foregone conclusion: another pointless debate.

The first part seems to be the case - I just tried signing up with two different names but the same email address, one a couple of minutes after the other and they both went through. I also tried signing up with a foreign email address and that also went through and I received the email link to click; however, to be fair, the qualifying box to tick states that one must be either a British Citizen or a UK resident. I suppose this makes the petition about as as reliable as the Vote Leave campaign and only slightly less of a scam.

It does seem to be a waste of time in the first place as the end result of the petition is a foregone conclusion: another pointless debate.

It doesn't need to be as secure as say a real voting system, 10,000 votes gets a response, 100,000 gets a debate, 100,000 means that it has served it purpose, numbers beyond that are meaningless. No point wasting money securing something that is not that important, it's just a bit of fun.

. . . Surprised you've taken a liking to him Tim. You certainly do a have a touch of Mr Hyde about you. :eek:
Hi At',
From Wikipedia:
"Jonathan Pie is a fictitious British news reporter, created and played by British actor and comedian Tom Walker who co-writes the character with comedian and journalist Andrew Doyle. Pie appears in a series of video clips where he rants about the state of politics in the United Kingdom and the United States - presented as if he is a real reporter speaking his personal opinions to camera before or after filming a regular news segment."

If you listen to what he says, he's not particularly for or against Brexit although, for the record, he says he's a remainer. It's satire, but very well observed and with some real insights. E.g. "Brexit hasn't solved any of our problems, but it has exposed them". How true is that?! In light of the above, please listen again, as I think you'll find he says a lot that you'll agree with and, once you understand where he's coming from (as a comedian), it's also very funny. Fair dos, I know you're not keen on bad language - which is littered like confetti throughout this - and many of his video clips.
Tim.

Hi At',
From Wikipedia:
"Jonathan Pie is a fictitious British news reporter, created and played by British actor and comedian Tom Walker who co-writes the character with comedian and journalist Andrew Doyle. Pie appears in a series of video clips where he rants about the state of politics in the United Kingdom and the United States - presented as if he is a real reporter speaking his personal opinions to camera before or after filming a regular news segment."

If you listen to what he says, he's not particularly for or against Brexit although, for the record, he says he's a remainer. It's satire, but very well observed and with some real insights. E.g. "Brexit hasn't solved any of our problems, but it has exposed them". How true is that?! In light of the above, please listen again, as I think you'll find he says a lot that you'll agree with and, once you understand where he's coming from (as a comedian), it's also very funny. Fair dos, I know you're not keen on bad language - which is littered like confetti throughout this - and many of his video clips.
Tim.

As soon as he starts shouting, effing and blinding I have to turn him off. Not my idea of comedy. I don't really care weather his a remainer or leaver, his not a funny man but just horrible noise to my ears. CV makes me laugh. I reckon he can produce sketches much funnier than that. (y)

Cultural enrichment, diversity. No, for the first time they are saying terrorism, death to non believers. Well that's a new twist, some truth telling coming out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47677657

This can't be true, it's the religion of peace, I mean every 'lone wolf' attack executed in the name of Islam is nothing to do with Islam right? Even if there's 2 or 3 of them, it must be because of cartoons or they have to be mentally ill, that 'Italian' bus driver that was going to burn a whole busload of children was just nuts after all! No hang on, there's 10 of them, oh, err, there must be something more to it than mental illness then :rolleyes:

Now look, if it's just a single white eco-fascist gunman that is aligned to the left we'll paint everyone that criticises the ideology as a far-right racist fascist, even if Islam is not a race, no mental illness, all done in the name of an ideology, move along, doesn't fit the narrative. o_O

New twist for the BBC then. Must be a foreign news generated story that slipped through the bias filter.:)

Not possible, the BBC generates most world news propaganda for other countries (and our) consumption (shocking but at least its not Gilet Jaunes eh?):

I suppose this makes the petition about as as reliable as the Vote Leave campaign and only slightly less of a scam.

Tut Tut Mr. Gril, Are you suggesting there was an element of unfair play in the vote leave campaign? We must have a second referendum then...Notify Atilla immediately and saddle the horses, were off to London..:LOL:

Oh, haha, I thought UK parliament had control, appears we were stitched up when they created the law, we should have been campaigning to create it as domestic law that supersedes EU law, no we can't do that though can we, we are ruled by the EU not the UK? Well and truly stitched by the EUSSR:

For Tory Brexiteers still dreaming we leave on no deal March 29: extension agreed and signed off by EU27 is a decision binding in international law. EU law, not domestic law, created the 29th March legal “cliff-edge.” Failure to amend exit date in UK law does not lead to No Deal

Oh, haha, I thought UK parliament had control, appears we were stitched up when they created the law, we should have been campaigning to create it as domestic law that supersedes EU law, no we can't do that though can we, we are ruled by the EU not the UK? Well and truly stitched by the EUSSR:

For Tory Brexiteers still dreaming we leave on no deal March 29: extension agreed and signed off by EU27 is a decision binding in international law. EU law, not domestic law, created the 29th March legal “cliff-edge.” Failure to amend exit date in UK law does not lead to No Deal

Had to search for the source.

You really do have to question remoaners motives for wanting to stay part of this mafia organisation.

This issue is NEVER going away and if the referendum is not honored then anything could happen.

HATTER.JPG