Brexit and the Consequences

What's all this with the b-word. Comon chaps clean up the thread. I'm doing my best and you're not helping.

I notice some blogs disappeared. Hope you all being nice.

If you want to insult somebody let's get creative and add a bit of wit. Humour is the best sword imo.

For 29th of March I'll be getting couple of aeroplane tickets. If you look up at the sky around 1.45 pm-ish you might see couple of moons. (y)

More Politics discussed here than trading lol
Hi WinALLTrades,
Welcome to T2W.
This thread is in a forum entitled 'The Foyer' which itself is in the section of the site entitled 'Off the Grid', i.e. it's specifically for members to discuss topics not directly related to trading. True enough, it's one of the most active threads on T2W, but that's not too surprising as Brexit is of huge interest to all traders given that it's a source of great opportunity and risk.
Tim.

What's all this with the b-word. Comon chaps clean up the thread. I'm doing my best and you're not helping.

I notice some blogs disappeared. Hope you all being nice.

If you want to insult somebody let's get creative and add a bit of wit. Humour is the best sword imo. . .
:confused:
Are you being serious At'?
Surely you're not complaining about the use of the 'b-word'? An odd comment from anyone - but especially coming from you! Besides, NVP's post contained humour IMO - and mine was specifically meant as a joke. C'mon At' - lighten up!
Tim.

The EU and the Irish government have been disingenuous about this right from the start: they've just used it as a spoiling tactic which they knew Theresa May would succumb to – it's a good job that for a change, the MPs got it right and refused to acquiesce.

Not reported by the BBC though....how strange !;)

I said a few months ago that the backstop was a contrived issue, they only invented it 2nd quarter of 2018, remain are running out of options and time, 64 days to go.........

Who knows the value of cable at the mo and why?

Follow the money not words spoken by peeps with fork tongue :)

fwiw if No Deal ever comes back on the table make sure you pull your cord. (y)

Im really starting to enjoy Brexit, the volatility its creating is opening hundreds of opportunities. I could write a whole thesis on it. In short when the UK triggers article 50, there will be a lot of volatility with the euro so a very simple trade idea is buy xau/eur, simply because gold is used as a safe-haven for when the markets are volatile.

Another trade idea is shorting all euro stocks. I know this sounds crazy, but the UK is a big part contributor to the union. followed by Germany and France. Thats why they are being asked to pay a fee for leaving, because the European union is going to be weaker once the UK, then we may see a FRE-XIT. rates are bound to be negative. The European union have a recession incoming, if they don’t handle this well.

short eur/usd, eur/gbp, duetche bank

buy some xau/eur

I put 10k on the eur/gbp trade on the 12th prior to the parliament vote which brought the position up to 60k (I’m planning on holding onto this position until june) There are too many trade setups happening right now, I just gave you a few trades that have an 90% chance of OVER-PERFORMING. I have 30 other trades in the market all diversified onto different sectors, that will be positively or negatively affected. Im not going to tell you how to trade them, but just pay attention to these sectors over the next six months.

UK expected losers: autos & parts, textiles, apparel, supermarkets, chemicals. UK relative winners will be financial services, electrical machinery, metal products and pharmaceuticals.

EU losing sectors regardless if the WTO is trigger are German/dutch exporters, auto manufacturing component supplies - BMW, Daimler, VW, Lufthansa,

hands down, My best trade idea is a 2020 put ladder on Deutsche bank. if you do enough digging you would find out why I put 30% of my account on this trade, that’s how certain I am. It’s really advanced, but Im expecting a 20x return.

It’s nice that you were intrigued on how to make money 6 months prior to brexit, this is exactly how advanced traders handle their positions. You need to understand that proprietary traders at investment banks have already made their money from brexit. I know there will be a lot of stuff you won’t really understand but the best way to learn is to copy the ways investment banks make money. There are many good courses out there but I've linked my favourite Youtube trading series. It’ll really help you understand the fundamentals of trading as a beginner. you’ll learn so many valuable truths. You don’t want to listen to other retail traders and their strategies, this will just mislead you. You’ll come to realise that everything you need to be successful on the markets is out there on the internet for free, finding is the problem a competent trader must solve. My advice is just to demo all of these trade ideas and go through the video series. once you finish the series, you’ll understand how people make your salary doing nothing.

fwiw if No Deal ever comes back on the table make sure you pull your cord. (y)
It’s never left the table..
What has left is any chance of a second referendum, What else has left is the option to remain in and revoke art50 and last but not least, what is going to leave the table is any extension of article 50..., So my old pal, it’s wto or mays deal without the backstop,, I’m going for the latter. What about you ? 😂

Who knows the value of cable at the mo and why?

Who knows the value of cable and why? Not me! Care to elaborate, I've pulled a monthly for cable from 1972-present, so it pretty much covers all our time in the EC and then the EU, what's your analysis?

Cable 1972-present.png

It’s never left the table..
What has left is any chance of a second referendum, What else has left is the option to remain in and revoke art50 and last but not least, what is going to leave the table is any extension of article 50..., So my old pal, it’s wto or mays deal without the backstop,, I’m going for the latter. What about you ? 😂

JRM has the answer in the palm of his hand, sooner or later the Tories will fall in line behind him just to avoid a no-deal, however, the EU on the other hand........

JRM has the answer in the palm of his hand, sooner or later the Tories will fall in line behind him just to avoid a no-deal, however, the EU on the other hand........

Heard a piece on the radio yesterday, Ireland building border checkpoints and nearing completion, Large customs shed almost complete for physical checks on certain trucks, They know there will have to be some form of soft border whatever the Brexit outcome.

In other news today, don’t forget to pay your tv licence to the Belgian Broadcasting Company....😂
https://amp.theguardian.com/politic...eu?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true

Last edited:
If there was ever an easier way to show how a website purporting to be an independent fact checking website is indeed fake, then this is it:

The claim:

https://fullfact.org/europe/hunt-eu-army/

the reality:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ary-european-commission-juncker-a8633196.html

Is it me or you SC?

EU member countries work together on military matters, but the EU doesn't have its own military capabilities. At least a few European politicians do support the creation of an EU army, but that would need unanimous approval.

EU Army capability does not exist. It is talked about as something that may be desirable. It will require major planning, talking and voting on before it is remotely labelled as an EU army.

There are many advantages to an EU army, especially to countries like UK and France which dominate weapons development.

Last edited: