Brexit and the Consequences

It’s the nature of a deal that there have to be compromises. Like any messy divorce if you are a glass half full type of person you shake hands, smile sweetly and focus on the things you got that you wanted, if you are a glass half empty type then you shake your fist and focus on the things you didn't get.

It's taking a long time for the general public to catch up, but we are getting there. Eurosceptics have always had a healthy distrust of all things EU. Thankfully we are being proven correct by the day. The British voting public have already shifted towards my favoured outcome and that position is hardening now quite quickly. It's alright banding words around like, compromise, negotiate, etc. The point is, you have to start from first principles to determine Brexit policy, then make adjustments as required. TM's approach has always been, compromise first, bend to the EU, do whatever it takes to jump through their hoops. That's the reason why her so called deal was thrown out by 230 votes.

It's taking a long time for the general public to catch up, but we are getting there. Eurosceptics have always had a healthy distrust of all things EU. Thankfully we are being proven correct by the day. The British voting public have already shifted towards my favoured outcome and that position is hardening now quite quickly. It's alright banding words around like, compromise, negotiate, etc. The point is, you have to start from first principles to determine Brexit policy, then make adjustments as required. TM's approach has always been, compromise first, bend to the EU, do whatever it takes to jump through their hoops. That's the reason why her so called deal was thrown out by 230 votes.

Yup, the little legs of the lemmings are whirring faster and faster as they speed towards the edge of the promised land (so they’ve been told). Good luck :p

Once Brexit is averted, Britain; England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales will breath a BIG sigh of relief.

New party formed by Farage and Boris will only gain limited support. I'd hazard a guess around 20-30%

Tories will lose big time, Labour and LibDems will form a coalition.

Everyone live happily ever after :) (y):)

TM is toying with the idea of a bilateral trade agreement with Ireland, This would potentially be a way around the backstop, Plan "B" maybe ??

TM is toying with the idea of a bilateral trade agreement with Ireland, This would potentially be a way around the backstop, Plan "B" maybe ??

Interesting .............. difficult to see how that'll work under current EU regs if it means UK has special deal with just one EU member :confused: OTOH it's just the sort of creative thinking to get this mess sorted out. Could then get rid of backstop.

It seems the Remainers are now openly plotting to thwart Brexit. They have to be stopped.

Not heard about this one. Got a source ? :LOL:
Twitter...so must be true :LOL:

Jokes aside, both countries are regulatory aligned and could possibly be pushed through quickly if it was in the EU's interest... Sorts out the backstop issue and it would just have to be written into the WA i'm assuming ? Therefore it would have a further 2 years to cross the T's, dot the i's,

Interesting .............. difficult to see how that'll work under current EU regs if it means UK has special deal with just one EU member :confused: OTOH it's just the sort of creative thinking to get this mess sorted out. Could then get rid of backstop.

It seems the Remainers are now openly plotting to thwart Brexit. They have to be stopped.

They have been at it since day one. We only have to look on here :LOL: and despite all the evidence that the EU will likely fail, they insist that we should stay part of it and fail alongside them, I assume:rolleyes:

Farage has been upping his interviews recently.

This is mind boggling stuff from the 2 women in this interview.:eek: But hugely entertaining and informative.

Twitter...so must be true :LOL:

Jokes aside, both countries are regulatory aligned and could possibly be pushed through quickly if it was in the EU's interest... Sorts out the backstop issue and it would just have to be written into the WA i'm assuming ? Therefore it would have a further 2 years to cross the T's, dot the i's,

Twitter is hilarious :LOL:

Isabel Oakshott on Polly Toynbee's comment. Priceless.

[B]Isabel Oakeshott[/B]‏Verified account @[B]IsabelOakeshott[/B] Jan 17
More
Isabel Oakeshott Retweeted Polly Toynbee

On this basis, elderly commentators like you should be replaced by teenage bloggers to prevent the wisdom of age drowning out the naïveté of youth.
Isabel Oakeshott added,

Polly ToynbeeVerified account @pollytoynbee
This Saturday Britain turns a remainer nation: more young remainers joined the electoral register, more old leavers died. A Final Say vote would stop the will of dead ruling over the will of the young: https://bit.ly/2AS0cuC
542 replies1,615 retweets6,133 likes

. . .Though, i am starting to warm to the DUP for various reasons ...
So Mike, are you saying you've got the hots for Arlene Foster?!

Arlene-Foster-DUP.jpg

They have been at it since day one. We only have to look on here :LOL: and despite all the evidence that the EU will likely fail, they insist that we should stay part of it and fail alongside them, I assume:rolleyes:

Farage has been upping his interviews recently.

This is mind boggling stuff from the 2 women in this interview.:eek: But hugely entertaining and informative.

Thanks for this clip. Watched it with great interest and thought it was very good.

Nigel Farage comes across well but when you scratch the surface of what he says to go just a little bit deeper one discovers there is not much there that stands up to scrutiny.

It's all based around rubbishing what we have.

Towards the end he summarises what we gain as Parliament gaining independence and repeats CV's fanciful assertion EU is imploding on itself.

Earlier on he talks about removing House of Lords and reconstructing Parliament which is the oldest established democratic house in the World.

His obviously not a happy bean.

My view is that Parliament is Sovereign and independent. The Queen as Head of State also does a Sterling job. I think it should be clear that ULTIMATELY we can leave the EU anytime we want. It is a voluntary club with tiered membership which nations can sign up to if current members agree to application. All the other stuff about who can be elected and the democratic process and his dislike of Junker etc etc are just simple petty squabbling.

I thought both the ladies were spot on and reasonable. The two men obviously have their heads and egos in the wrong place unable to reason or see anything resembling common sense in the face of adversity which Brexit clearly has been.

Listening to Farage on another show he criticised TM (who went round EU countries trying to get support for UK) and said he would have at the start visited the car industries and big manufacturers who export to UK and get them to exert pressure on their governments to agree to UK requests. You have to think about this man's proposals and ideas before you think he talks a good shop. Would that have been any different to TM talking to government leaders?

Do you think getting rid of HoLs is a good idea without a plan as to what is going to replace it? (Think Brexit here folks).

People can think of all sorts of crazy and whacky ideas but to engage, plan and deliver those ideas are where all the little gremlins lie.

So once again Farage is all about nit picking and blaming and talking and shouting.

He says his a business man but made his mark in criticising and rubbishing all that is around him and made a career out of it. Much like our career politicians.

His now going round criticising the Norwegian half baked deal and issues with that solution. You've seen the clip posted sometime earlier how he thought Norway was doing super well in her position and how we too could be similar. Now his changed his tune somewhat. Norway hasn't changed her status wrt EU so I'm wondering why Farage has changed his words about Norway?

I thought it was good clip. The two ladies did super well. (y)(y)

Not exactly Tim 😂😂 But their support for Brexit has been welcomed. Mind you, there’s the odd MP that’s kind on the eye, Esther McVey for example... I would probably visit her Saturday surgery 😂

No appetite for a second referendum Tim.
Hi c_v,
Ta for the link.

No appetite for a second referendum amongst the general public. However, as we're all discovering - and you know better than most - Parliament doesn't give a monkeys about what the great unwashed think and want! When - not if - Jeremy Corbyn and Labour change their policy to reflect the wishes of party members, then the current minority of MPs calling for a second referendum will become a majority. And if, as expected, Mrs. May gets precisely nowhere tinkering with her lousy deal, then the prospect of a second referendum becomes ever more likely. I hope you're right and that we don't have one. However, as I've said before, I'd rather we took our chances by having one (so long as 'No Deal' is an option) than be lumbered with TM's BRINO plan.
Tim.

I think Labour and Corbyn are playing a clever game. No matter what is said they are doing really well and have very strong membership.

Labour do have a clear policy and approach to Brexit unlike what the MSM keep peddling out.

That decision will be made by their executive and then Corbyn will trumpet it as so.

Trade Unions are in favour but as to how their members think and feel is the unknown.

They can sway opinion nad the vote once Tories are dealt with.

As before only two options imo; new leader/elections or referendum.

I think Labour and Corbyn are playing a clever game. No matter what is said they are doing really well and have very strong membership.
They are behind in the polls (I would agree that is a great achievement considering the hopeless government and leadership we have at the moment) and membership is dramatically falling – they are not renewing and a lot of the youngsters are now very unimpressed.

Labour do have a clear policy and approach to Brexit unlike what the MSM keep peddling out.
It would appear that each Labour shadow member cabinet has a clear policy and approach – it's just a shame that (like the Conservatives) they are so different. Witness Diane Abbott on QT last week!

That decision will be made by their executive and then Corbyn will trumpet it as so.
Presumably that will be like what they did at conference last year – but now a lot of them are giving a different version.

Trade Unions are in favour but as to how their members think and feel is the unknown.
Trade Unions no longer have the influence they used to possess but will probably continue misrepresenting what their majority members really want/think

They can sway opinion nad the vote once Tories are dealt with.
They will have to sway opinion "to deal with the Tories" – not making much progress so far!

As before only two options imo; new leader/elections or referendum.
Or – a Full English Brexit (y)