Brexit and the Consequences

unbelievable .........this is a democracy ?

so she goes to brussels .......what is she going to say to the house on her return ?

i have in my hand a piece of paper .......

jees that went well last time ......

N

This is significant piece of news imo.

EU will soon establish alternative payment channel allowing Iran to bypass US sanctions – Mogherini

US daft sanctions and embargos, bully boy tactics of Trump to set the ME on fire is backfiring. First Iraq, then Syria and next Iran.

Have commented on this enough times with the Axis of Evil neo-con fecked up foreign policy. About time EU found it's legs.

As for UK, they better make the right choice as US is in decline and just an over sized bully boy. Head towards East. Brexiteers betting on the wrong horse.

Last edited:
So we have the ECJ ruling the UK can unilaterally pull out of article 50, thereby ensuring no other members states can interfere with that action and at the same time TM delays the vote until........hmmmm, methinks some dirty tricks are at play again! :unsure:(n)

What dirty tricks. If Parliament invokes article 50. Parliament can revoke it. What has that got to do with the ECJ and why should they interfere. There is a cost element to it but it's UK choice.

Do you know what you are mumbling about?

I suppose if the ECJ said no Parliament can't revoke article 50 you'd be banging your drum again about the ECJ interfering in the Parliamentary decision. You one confused. :sick: puppy :sick:

Last edited:
Here is another important piece of news for all UK citizens to digest.

The arrest places Huawei in the cross-hairs of an escalating technology rivalry between China and the U.S., which views the company, a critical global supplier of mobile network equipment, as a potential national security risk. Hardliners in Donald Trump’s administration are especially keen to prevent Huawei from supplying wireless carriers as they upgrade to 5G, a next-generation technology expected to accelerate the shift to Internet-connected devices and self-driving cars.

The stakes are really high here.

As for EU, Russia and China and Galileo project I think you should begin to appreciate what kind of figures in potential new consumer products we are looking at.

Will we have two or three systems or just one?

Who do you think will win this technology race?

Whilst over here in the UK, Parliament is busy with the important task seeking best exit deal from the successful EU.

I notice also in the media Brexiteers after going quiet are piping up again.

The noise now is about how so much better Brexiteers could have negotiated this fiasco. They would have just simply left with WTO rules, not paid a penny and then negotiated from ground zero up.

Dare I say it's more of the hope and glory, wet dreams coming from the Brexit camp. Criticising and picking up political points without really answering any hard questions on the what if, how and what their plans?

Well if it was this is what we would have done so much better. The businesses and 48% of the other people will simply have to follow us. That's it. No two ways about.

It is as if they are going to be able to call all the shots and if EU doesn't agree, well they can go deck them selves coz we ain't taking their sh!t no more approach. They need us more than we need them tripe. Subsequently when it goes all pear shaped, well it would wouldn't it, coz they want us to fail.

I doubt EU even cares much about us as you can see they have much bigger fish to keep their eye on, with global developments elsewhere.

There is also as I mentioned before attempts to forge a new payment system to by-pass Swift and that is very significant as EU has eyes at Euro becoming a global currency. I suspect it will manage this too as I can see US paying back trillions of debt any time soon.

In summary it is a global world we live. Small one at that given the pace of technology. People like Trump and Brexiteers are really yesterdays people who lack vision imo.

Becareful what you wish for as it's really going bad for the UK.

Just for the record, we should mention TM calling off the vote in Parliament tomorrow and cable kissing 1.25.

That's will lead to importing inflation and further hikes in mortgage rates, reducing disposable income. Brace your selves.

The arrest places Huawei in the cross-hairs of an escalating technology rivalry between China and the U.S., which views the company, a critical global supplier of mobile network equipment, as a potential national security risk. Hardliners in Donald Trump’s administration are especially keen to prevent Huawei from supplying wireless carriers as they upgrade to 5G, a next-generation technology expected to accelerate the shift to Internet-connected devices and self-driving cars.

As for EU, Russia and China and Galileo project I think you should begin to appreciate what kind of figures in potential new consumer products we are looking at.

Whilst over here in the UK, Parliament is busy with the important task seeking best exit deal from the successful EU.

Security trumps all [emoji102]

Security trumps all [emoji102]

Nothing new there and your post couple of pages back on security between US, UK, NZ and Australia was spot on. However, dynamics is changing.

I don't see any nations getting ready to attack UK or the EU.

The only attacks going on are by the US and UK making out Russia and China to be some kind of bogey nations and starting proxy wars againts small countries such as Iraq, Syria and Iran.

The world to defuse such scenarios by establishing international trade agreements.

Trade interests trumps wars imo. Days of gunship diplomacy coming to an end as there are no winners in wars. Only those nations supplying other nations fighting wars.

Nothing new there and your post couple of pages back on security between US, UK, NZ and Australia was spot on. However, dynamics is changing.

I don't see any nations getting ready to attack UK or the EU.

The only attacks going on are by the US and UK making out Russia and China to be some kind of bogey nations and starting proxy wars againts small countries such as Iraq, Syria and Iran.

The world to defuse such scenarios by establishing international trade agreements.

Trade interests trumps wars imo. Days of gunship diplomacy coming to an end as there are no winners in wars. Only those nations supplying other nations fighting wars.

Whilst the MSM have most likely politicised the arrest of the Huawei CFO, there has been a long standing suspicion of any hardware originating from China, and for good reason, there have been security flaws discovered that have been deliberately built into chipsets originating from Chinese companies. By default the security advice is not to use devices or machines containing Chinese chipsets especially in public services such as the NHS, local councils and any other government bodies where security is a concern (so just about everywhere then).

Taking the pure security view, allowing Chinese companies to export exploited chipsets to build the infrastructure of foreign nations' internet and communications would be an extremely high risk venture, therefore the US control the export and trade of Chinese chipsets like they control the export and trade of encryption keys, it's treated as military grade national security threat material and handled accordingly.

Now if the MSM want to politicise it, well good on em, but it ain't the real underlying reason.

What dirty tricks. If Parliament invokes article 50. Parliament can revoke it. What has that got to do with the ECJ and why should they interfere. There is a cost element to it but it's UK choice.

If it was so easy for Parliament to revoke it, unilaterally, then It's highly suspicious that the EU should legally ensure that any other EU member nation cannot invoke some sort of a legal blocker thereby delaying such a revocation should it happen and all on the same day that TM trots off back to Brussels to do some more 'negotiating' :rolleyes:

I'm surprised you are not throwing an eco-warrior tantrum about the harmful effects of 5G and the chopping down of trees to allow free passage of the signal to fry our brains for the corporate good, or has the Brighton & Hove clique gone all corporatist on us now? ;)

Do you think that Galileo is using Chinese [or Russian] chipsets?

Last edited:
I'm surprised you are not throwing an eco-warrior tantrum about the harmful effects of 5G and the chopping down of trees to allow free passage of the signal to fry our brains for the corporate good, or has the Brighton & Hove clique gone all corporatist on us now? ;)

Do you think that Galileo is using Chinese [or Russian] chipsets?

I don't know. Could do. EU doesn't see Russia or China as an enemy state. See it as trading partners.

EU and UK suffering from US Sh!t stirring from the fall out in the ME and Arab spring uprising. I think some of you call it unintended consequence. Funny that. Don't blame you. I wouldn't let them in either. However, I wouldn't be stirring up and destroying innocent nations either.

Even today US and UK continue to sell WMD to Saudi Arabia conducting war in Yemen. Of course if we don't do it. Russia will so they say. Well at least it's not so much a secret now and we can get real about it all.

Good to see you highlighting ecological challenges facing humanity. Top man. (y)

Which EU are you referring to? Is it the one where Merkel has effectively been toppled or the one where Macron has totally capitulated to the demands made by the ordinary people of France?

Your comments on all things to do with Brexit are completely aligned with the Liberal Elitist, condescending and supposedly superior intelligence that is the defining character of Macron. It is not just France that is facing a backlash of this approach, it is happening all over the EU and mostly in the nations that joined early on such as Spain and Italy. To keep posting that everyone (other than those with the same agenda as you) are somehow stupid or racist or didn't know what they were doing is pouring more fuel on a fire that needs to be dampened. It is entirely this mentality that saw the UK vote for Brexit in the first place and more of the same is not going to work. The rest of the EU also don't get it by pushing for even more EU integration they will get ever greater reactions to what they are trying to do.

If you wish to persuade others of your view a different approach is needed as more of the same is just not working. It comes across as you being superior to everyone else and as such we should yield to your superior intelligence and accept your insults to those that don't agree with you. It is unlikely that you can change as no one else with this mentality (such as Blair) has ever shown an ability to do so. This is most likely because once you believe you are superior to others, you will also believe that others simply don't have the intelligence to modify their view to that of yours. This is a fatal mistake to make as has been proven time and again throughout the whole of human history.

Which EU are you referring to? Is it the one where Merkel has effectively been toppled or the one where Macron has totally capitulated to the demands made by the ordinary people of France?

Your comments on all things to do with Brexit are completely aligned with the Liberal Elitist, condescending and supposedly superior intelligence that is the defining character of Macron. It is not just France that is facing a backlash of this approach, it is happening all over the EU and mostly in the nations that joined early on such as Spain and Italy. To keep posting that everyone (other than those with the same agenda as you) are somehow stupid or racist or didn't know what they were doing is pouring more fuel on a fire that needs to be dampened. It is entirely this mentality that saw the UK vote for Brexit in the first place and more of the same is not going to work. The rest of the EU also don't get it by pushing for even more EU integration they will get ever greater reactions to what they are trying to do.

If you wish to persuade others of your view a different approach is needed as more of the same is just not working. It comes across as you being superior to everyone else and as such we should yield to your superior intelligence and accept your insults to those that don't agree with you. It is unlikely that you can change as no one else with this mentality (such as Blair) has ever shown an ability to do so. This is most likely because once you believe you are superior to others, you will also believe that others simply don't have the intelligence to modify their view to that of yours. This is a fatal mistake to make as has been proven time and again throughout the whole of human history.

We have all but given up trying to educate remoaners.

All the woes of the EU were discussed at length prior to the Brexit vote and so it came to pass. Even now the Europhiles refuse to acknowledge the project is riddled with problems, but as you say, more Europe is not the solution. If they persist down that road, then the project is surely doomed and the chaos that follows will see the political elites decimated as is happening the world over.

EU and UK suffering from US Sh!t stirring from the fall out in the ME and Arab spring uprising. I think some of you call it unintended consequence. Funny that. Don't blame you. I wouldn't let them in either. However, I wouldn't be stirring up and destroying innocent nations either.

Attempting to blame the US for everything won't wash, we know the extent of the involvement of the UK and EU in the Arab uprising and the continued conflict in Syria, they are now moving onto Ukraine, I agree with some of your points regarding the anti-Russian narrative, it is over the top, but your lot (the leftists) are as much involved in producing fake trolls and Russian bots as the US/UK/EU, it seems the Russians just can't win. And that is not sticking up for the Russians either, they are as much war mongers as any Western power, I'm sure the Russian govt media propaganda as watched in Russia is as much anti-US/UK/EU as ours is anti-Russian!

The fake Russian dossier and it's associated various fake narratives in the US are just pure political Trump bashing, nothing more, there is no substance behind it, I understand that he is hated by many, but purleease give it a break and get onto something real.

The unintended consequence of the Arab Spring/Syria/Brexit/anti-Russian propaganda is the knowledge that we now have of the extent of the fake narratives being promoted by our own govt and the main instruments of fake UKGov propaganda being the BBC, MSM and social media. The people are awake.

Take a recent example, the BBC headline regarding the Statecraft 'charity', it will be interesting to see how this one plays out, the non-charity charity is registered to an abandoned warehouse in Scotland and is funded by the FCO and run by a bunch of establishment types o_O

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-46509956

It has naff all to do with elitism or superior intelligence. It is to do with making a big mistake voting on issues which have little or nothing to do with EU. It is about Tories retaining power above national interest. Thought that'll be obvious by now.

It is about skewed distribution of wealth and disenfranchised UK citizens. It is a crisis of capitalism. It is about excess migration and a refugee influx from non-EU countries.

I'm stunned by your waffle about Merkel or Macron if it is of any issue to Brexit. Merkel is paying the price for allowing mass acceptance of refugees and migrants. That's post US fecking up ME. Macron and France's problem is another one of their own making and internal politics and taxation. Once again it has FA to do with EU. I'm sure you didn't brag about Thatcher kicking union ass back in the 80s as if that was some kind of EU crises. Instead of p!ss!ng on EU address the constitutional crises raised by Brexiteers, Euroseptic Moaners since 1975 after 2nd referendum.

The stakes are high and the issues aren't getting addressed. As you may have noticed I am far from any bleeding elitest toff or an eloquent intellectual. My roots are well deep having worked ground up. I know my station and it is not the tosh you prescribe to me.

First it was experts who always get it wrong and now the argument is turning to layman versus elitist intellectuals. AND yes racism is on the increase in the UK. Tearing country apart. It will only get worse. I didn't say all Brexiteers are racist. I said Brexit is leading to a rise in racism and it'll only get worse opening a can of worms. Check your ranks.

This Brexit fiasco has gone on far enough. Country needs leadership not appeasement of the numpties. People have voted my rear. Duped by freaking bent politicians after personal gain and power. Instead of getting annoyed you should address core issues rationally. If you say we've had the vote lets just get on with it, will of the people crap, then to me that spells I'm a numpty. It's totally my opinion as harsh as it may be, somebody needs to call it out. Instead we have had belly full of Brexit means Brexit BS. (n)(n)(n)

On another side note saw Anna Soubry on Newsnight tonight. :love::love::love:
She spoke so well and put Labour's Richard Burgon in his place making political capital.

I soooo wish she was leading the Tories. That's the sort of leadership the party and the country needs right now. (y)

Last edited:
Hi Atilla,
. . .It has naff all to do with elitism or superior intelligence. It is to do with making a big mistake voting on issues which have little or nothing to do with EU. . .
Whether you're right or whether you're wrong is not the issue. The real issue is one of perception. People across Europe (not just the U.K.) perceive the EU as being part of the problem rather than part of the solution. Unless and until you can address this issue then I suspect remainers and their supporters are going to have a never ending (losing) battle.

. . .Macron and France's problem is another one of their own making and internal politics and taxation. Once again it has FA to do with EU. . .
As above, the 'yellow jacket' protesters perceive otherwise. And why might they do this? Well, one obvious clue is having armoured vehicles emblazoned with the EU logo firing water cannon and tear gas at them: MACRON’S NASCENT EU ARMY: TANKS WITH EU FLAG USED AGAINST EU PROTESTERS

I dread to think of the state of Mr. Macron's feet these days; they must be peppered with bullet holes and in an even worse state than Mrs. May's!
Tim.

whatever we chose to do .....it is not the time for isolating ourselves...we are not the force we were in years gone by and never will be again (despite what our flag waving brexiteer patriots think)...we need partnerships and alliances to protect ourselves against those big bad wolves out there .............

of course that comes at a price ....nothing for free in this world

N

Hi Atilla,

Whether you're right or whether you're wrong is not the issue. The real issue is one of perception. People across Europe (not just the U.K.) perceive the EU as being part of the problem rather than part of the solution. Unless and until you can address this issue then I suspect remainers and their supporters are going to have a never ending (losing) battle.

As above, the 'yellow jacket' protesters perceive otherwise. And why might they do this? Well, one obvious clue is having armoured vehicles emblazoned with the EU logo firing water cannon and tear gas at them: MACRON’S NASCENT EU ARMY: TANKS WITH EU FLAG USED AGAINST EU PROTESTERS

I dread to think of the state of Mr. Macron's feet these days; they must be peppered with bullet holes and in an even worse state than Mrs. May's!
Tim.

You say the issue is one of perception!
1. Is that what you truly believe
2. Is that what you believe because politicians have told you so

All politicians need a scape goat. Italy is case in point. Promise the world deliver jack.

I'm a little confused with your stance. As a thinking body, do your recognise you've been led up the garden path or you still suggesting EU is still the problem and you want exit?

I really don't care for France, their riots or what colours vehicles painted. Has no bearing on Brexit. To me it's the same tosh as the Greek, Italian and other Politicians blaming the EU for their troubles. EU sets targets about having a balanced budget and spending limits. If lesser developed regions in the UK start rioting will that be a EU problem? No it is the countries local problem.

First it's the refugees who get bombed the sh!t out of them, then the experts who always get it wrong, and now we are working up to the elitists, intellectuals. As always ultimately Europeans. So we want to take back control.

It's never the polticians or national policy fault is it? That's not possible coz they have no control. It's all the Refugees and Europeans fault. We are just so awesome. In fact it is them keeping us behind. Always is. If not for THEM refugees and Europeans, we'd be awesome and great again as we were once before.

Some people buy this tosh. Who'd think it? :unsure: