Brexit and the Consequences

You are the first, I think, I've seen bring a North/South divide into the remain camp, correct me if I'm wrong.

Delighted to hear you have the ability to think but I don't believe I am no.

If I Oogle Brexit North South Devide I get 9.4m hits.

No bother, it is refreshing to hear about your thinking skills all the same. :cheesy:

So whilst the North / South devide has absolutely nothing to do with the EU, the North is likely to see a much bigger impact and fallout from a hard Brexit than the South.

This has more to do with human geography and fact industry like to be close to centre of markets than otherwise locating at the periphery but you'll have to read a few volumes to reach a reasonable conclusion or comprehension about that.

Keep thinking that's great :cheesy:

I hope it works for you eventually!

How long is a temporary phenomena supposed to last, does it depend on geopolitical events and risk control?

Dunno. What's the answer?

What is your analysis of the existing trade relationship with the US, what has changed since 2013 and why?

Frankly, I hadn't even considered security as being the principal reason for Brexiteers' enthusiasm for increasing ties with the US and in my innocence I really did think that it was about trade.

I don't tend to listen terribly hard to MSM blather about statistics and was looking mainly at the ONS and US census data et al....which, as I'm sure you're aware has been the subject of disagreement. Perhaps the erroneous data sets are due to security issues being prioritised over facts or that the facts are alternative ....or even fake.

More recently, as I had understood matters, the Orange one has rebuffed UK trade overtures which led me to think that matters would deteriorate further before improving again down line the line. So, all in all, "analysis" might be a trifle too grandiose a monicker for my musings:)

People are commenting on the media saying that " The EU are not offering us this option or that option, This is the only deal"

Im sorry ? since when are negotiations and deals made based on what one side offers ? or doesn't offer ?.... bl00dy cheek of it, we cant have something because the EU are not offering it..?

Surely the whole point about about reverting to WTO was that it was worst case as it would mean ditching any EU related benefits. To my mind, if there is anything to the UK's advantage that could be retained then it is at least worth trying for it....but as it's been pointed out, if it's not on offer then I don't quite understand how we're supposed to get it if there isn't a deal done. Surely it's no deal = worst case = WTO = Nothing?

Surely the whole point about about reverting to WTO was that it was worst case as it would mean ditching any EU related benefits. To my mind, if there is anything to the UK's advantage that could be retained then it is at least worth trying for it....but as it's been pointed out, if it's not on offer then I don't quite understand how we're supposed to get it if there isn't a deal done. Surely it's no deal = worst case = WTO = Nothing?

WTO and no deal should of been the starting point for "the" deal, at least business and markets would of known from the outset and planned accordingly two years ago. My reference to things being on offer by the EU, I see people saying we cant have this,that and the other because the EU wont offer that, Its like we have already accepted that they should be able dictate to us what we can and cant do...

WTO and no deal should of been the starting point for "the" deal, at least business and markets would of known from the outset and planned accordingly two years ago. My reference to things being on offer by the EU, I see people saying we cant have this,that and the other because the EU wont offer that, Its like we have already accepted that they should be able dictate to us what we can and cant do...

Um...well, yes...I still don't quite get how we're supposed to get things from the EU that aren't being offered. Surely, we will leave with nothing (or something) and then at a later date negotiate on each individual matter as outsiders....possibly re-instating pre-membership conditions - if desirable - dependant on successful negotiations. If we do indeed leave with something then surely it is because on some level the EU have offered it?

Membership has rules.

You either sign up to those agreements or you don't.

What has happened as I see it with this withdrawal agreement is UK requesting special terms and EU accommodating them at a cost. Those special terms are not free, they come at a cost of additional billions in subscription UK will be paying the EU. This is being kept secret or a closely guarded factor in the negotiations.

We may have been paying 9bn but that figure will go up to 15 soon enough.

Less said the better. Backward step for sure imo.

WTO is the worst of bad deals. Big shock to UK. Costs to address changes will outweigh savings we make from leaving the EU.

Of course none of this have been calculated. If so that is also being kept a close guarded secret.

WTO talk from Brexiteers is cheap talk.

Brexiteers up North don't really care what the outcome is as they think they have it hard and life can't get much harder.

Parts of UK that voted Brexit are most exposed to its effects, report says

People power indeed. What do experts know. Sad but like a firefly to the flame we are drawn to Brexit. All this self indulgence is a blast to the numpties who've bene consulted on what they think but soon enough their thinking with ar5e will meet brain imo.

anyone think that the eurozone nudged spain into raising the gibraltar issue again ?

a little too stage managed for me ...........although they are allowed a little room to play up given the pantomime they are seeing from the uk camp

Membership has rules.

You either sign up to those agreements or you don't.

What has happened as I see it with this withdrawal agreement is UK requesting special terms and EU accommodating them at a cost. Those special terms are not free, they come at a cost of additional billions in subscription UK will be paying the EU. This is being kept secret or a closely guarded factor in the negotiations.

We may have been paying 9bn but that figure will go up to 15 soon enough.

Less said the better. Backward step for sure imo.

WTO is the worst of bad deals. Big shock to UK. Costs to address changes will outweigh savings we make from leaving the EU.

Of course none of this have been calculated. If so that is also being kept a close guarded secret.

Brexiteers up North don't really care what the outcome is as they think they have it hard and life can't get much harder.

Parts of UK that voted Brexit are most exposed to its effects, report says

People power indeed. What do experts know. Sad but like a firefly to the flame we are drawn to Brexit. All this self indulgence is a blast to the numpties who've bene consulted on what they think but soon enough their thinking with ar5e will meet brain imo.

You have such a way with words :LOL:(y)

:LOL::LOL: Life is not hard up here amigo, its so laid back i feel a bit embarrassed for you guys breathing in all your toxins and sat in traffic jams or stood at tube stations all day, having to put up with jobsworth council officials, putting the wrong type of waste in the wrong bin etc :LOL:, the last crime that happened where i live was probably 2 months ago, tell him CV :LOL:

In fact ill go as far as to say, no deal brexit will have zero negative impact on me that i can see...

:LOL::LOL: Life is not hard up here amigo, its so laid back i feel a bit embarrassed for you guys breathing in all your toxins and sat in traffic jams or stood at tube stations all day, having to put up with jobsworth council officials, putting the wrong type of waste in the wrong bin etc :LOL:, the last crime that happened where i live was probably 2 months ago, tell him CV :LOL:

In fact ill go as far as to say, no deal brexit will have zero negative impact on me that i can see...

Yeah it's all very strange down south innit. They seem preoccupied with things like house prices and competition for a few hundred quid more in their next job lol. As for the daily commute, all I can say is....shudda done betta at skool or worked
at finding the niche job instead of running around in circles getting nowhere.

Oh well, nowt so strange as folk. :LOL:

Holyhead on Brexit: ‘When will people wake the f**k up?’

Really good article here with many views from various people.

:whistling

Yeah it's all very strange down south innit. They seem preoccupied with things like house prices and competition for a few hundred quid more in their next job lol. As for the daily commute, all I can say is....shudda done betta at skool or worked
at finding the niche job instead of running around in circles getting nowhere.

Oh well, nowt so strange as folk. :LOL:

Agreed!

Life is a beach. Learn to swim. :)

Daily commute into work. :cool:

imageresizer

On another note, listened to Blair on Andrew Marr breakfast show.

Not exactly my idea of an honourable man but laid out position on Brexit clearly. All smiles and well delivered. Might be me agreeing because it was my position as well. Confirmation bias for sure so note to thy self there.

Anyhow, he was up for another peoples vote.

The deal is not what Brexiteers wanted and fails remainers equally.

Elections or a 2nd Referendum now the air is cleared with the Withdrawal Agreement on the table, we can talk real facts.

Still not many words on cost that could come out of this deal. There is some talk of extending the period with no defined exit strategy. The exit strategy being mutual agreements including EU. Makes me distrust what exactly we are signing up to here. https://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2018-10-22b.23.0

As the topic of conversation was "up north" and Holyhead being in Anglesey in wales.
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

My my my, you Northerners soooo picky. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Just checking googies and it's on par with Liverpool and Peak District.

That's Norfe enuf for me. (y)

PS. Don't forget London is the centre of UK :cheesy:

Happy for Sussex to break away from you lot too. :p

Last edited: