Brexit and the Consequences

Signalcalc

Veteren member
4,322 936
Brexiteers need to focus on what tangible benefits they are delivering to UK, not what issues our neighbours may be facing.
You mean we are just to ignore the EU now? How quickly you have abandoned your friends?

Shall we ignore what happens in China also?

postman

Legendary member
22,598 2,538
I'm thinking once we've completely separated from the EU and set up a trade agreement that we should start our own collection of nations maybe Norway would be interested in joining and if Sweden is fed up with non elected EU bureaucrats running their country they might like to join. Of course Switzerland is looking to partner with someone ...
It would be a European coalition but run by elected people with sensible heads. :)

trendie

Legendary member
6,407 1,066
I'm thinking once we've completely separated from the EU and set up a trade agreement that we should start our own collection of nations maybe Norway would be interested in joining and if Sweden is fed up with non elected EU bureaucrats running their country they might like to join. Of course Switzerland is looking to partner with someone ...
It would be a European coalition but run by elected people with sensible heads. :)
How would that work, then?
UK population, approx 60Mil?
Sweden pop, about 10Mil?
Norway pop, about 6Mil?

One country, one vote? So, Norway plus Sweden (16Mil) could outvote a 60Mil country?
One person, one vote? London on its own could outvote the totality of opinions of Norway?

I await the Swexit thread.

postman

Legendary member
22,598 2,538
How would that work, then?
UK population, approx 60Mil?
Sweden pop, about 10Mil?
Norway pop, about 6Mil?

One country, one vote? So, Norway plus Sweden (16Mil) could outvote a 60Mil country?
One person, one vote? London on its own could outvote the totality of opinions of Norway?

I await the Swexit thread.
It would be like the EU but run by the English, a sort of English Empire.
We could have a slogan 'Make England Great Again'.

Reactions: tomorton

barjon

Legendary member
10,477 1,663
What's wrong with the Commonwealth?
yes, what a trading bloc that would be. Self sufficient virtually in raw materials, with mature markets and emerging markets. Unbeatable really. Problem is that they don’t really want us .

Pat494

Legendary member
14,218 1,469
yes, what a trading bloc that would be. Self sufficient virtually in raw materials, with mature markets and emerging markets. Unbeatable really. Problem is that they don’t really want us .
All they want from us is our handouts and they resent them too as patronage.

Pat494

Legendary member
14,218 1,469
Merkel destroyed the EU with her insistence of the open door immigration policy. All the refugees and immigrants should have been on a temporary basis to return when possible,

Atilla

Legendary member
19,244 2,769
Hmmm interesting take on the CW but I don't feel not wanted or desired by them.

There is the other side that we have less to offer than what they can get elsewhere.

Cool Britania needs scale and dynamic vision to expand CW agenda. It has potential but for the UK to apply the old successful policies of the EU: integration and free movement coupled with good unified standards and competitive practices require a new approach towards a brave new world, inward looking Brexiteers are simply not capable of of that vision.

On the contrary. Brexiteers are small-minded, short-termed, we are the bee's knees what can we do you for types? Rest of the world are simply queuing up to do trade deals with us? Good luck to Brexiteers as we await all the great and wonderful things we've been promised.

:love: (y)

counter_violent

Legendary member
10,136 2,612
Hmmm interesting take on the CW but I don't feel not wanted or desired by them.

There is the other side that we have less to offer than what they can get elsewhere.

Cool Britania needs scale and dynamic vision to expand CW agenda. It has potential but for the UK to apply the old successful policies of the EU: integration and free movement coupled with good unified standards and competitive practices require a new approach towards a brave new world, inward looking Brexiteers are simply not capable of of that vision.

On the contrary. Brexiteers are small-minded, short-termed, we are the bee's knees what can we do you for types? Rest of the world are simply queuing up to do trade deals with us? Good luck to Brexiteers as we await all the great and wonderful things we've been promised.

:love: (y)
Good luck Europe with your open borders and force fed migration policies. Simply storing up trouble which will explode once again. Not to mention the Coronavirus which will certainly contribute to the explosion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock