Brexit and the Consequences

Atilla

Legendary member
19,045 2,680
Oh it's game over for the remoaners. Whatever you can do, we can do better.
Whoop Whoop.

:p :p
LOL - Good. Let the people decide.

Get the majority in Parliament and pass your bills.

It is how national and government biz sd be conducted.

Do your best. Good luck. You gonna need it. (y)

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,759 793
Why do I get the feeling that Brexit is lost ! (n):cry:

The only crumb of comfort from this sorry mess is that remoaners have not won either, neither one thing or another (y) :)

Even Treason May will end up voted back into parliament along with hundreds of Tory remoaners, not much draining of the Tory swamp traitors.

barjon

Legendary member
10,319 1,569
Why do I get the feeling that Brexit is lost ! (n):cry:

The only crumb of comfort from this sorry mess is that remoaners have not won either, neither one thing or another (y) :)

Even Treason May will end up voted back into parliament along with hundreds of Tory remoaners, not much draining of the Tory swamp traitors.
I shouldn’t worry, signal. I doubt Farage would have backed off unless Boris had convinced him that he was manoeuvring towards a “no deal“ outcome or as near as dammit.

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,759 793
I shouldn’t worry, signal. I doubt Farage would have backed off unless Boris had convinced him that he was manoeuvring towards a “no deal“ outcome or as near as dammit.
Now there is a ray of hope :LOL: A long way to go before the end of 2020 and a 'no deal' scenario rears its ugly head again, I see that Gauke is already ramping up PF5 on the BBC.

Even if a no deal scenario is a possibility, we will stick be stuck with 12 months of wrangling to get there, the no deal scenario needs to be available to negotiators otherwise the UK will get nowhere getting realistic compromises from the EU.

I wonder who is doing the negotiations between TBP and the Tories, assuming there is something going on in secret.

And if Aaron Banks is urging TBP to stand down all candidates where they are up agains the Tories, then something is definitely afoot.

Last edited:

Atilla

Legendary member
19,045 2,680
Now there is a ray of hope :LOL: A long way to go before the end of 2020 and a 'no deal' scenario rears its ugly head again, I see that Gauke is already ramping up PF5 on the BBC.

Even if a no deal scenario is a possibility, we will stick be stuck with 12 months of wrangling to get there, the no deal scenario needs to be available to negotiators otherwise the UK will get nowhere getting realistic compromises from the EU.

I wonder who is doing the negotiations between TBP and the Tories, assuming there is something going on in secret.

And if Aaron Banks is urging TBP to stand down all candidates where they are up agains the Tories, then something is definitely afoot.
You are really making the assumption that a hard brexit come what may is the best option to the UK contrary to any and all evidence. Even if there isn't a majority in Parliament.

Can you see where you are going?

timsk

Legendary member
7,072 1,866
You are really making the assumption that a hard brexit come what may is the best option to the UK contrary to any and all evidence. Even if there isn't a majority in Parliament.
Lol At',
I'm old school which means I like the words I use to more or less resemble - if not mirror precisely - what any good dictionary would say. You remoaners on the other hand like to use them to mean pretty much anything that suits you which, often as not, is a million miles from the dictionary definition. For example, take your use of the word 'evidence' here. What you really mean to say is: 'project fear rhetoric based on wild speculation about the worst case scenario'. Given that there's no precedence for brexit, evidence - as in the real dictionary definition type of evidence - about what will happen post Brexit will only, and can only, emerge after it's happened. On that basis, it very much looks to me as if it's you who's got the blinkers on - not us brexiteers.
Tim.

Atilla

Legendary member
19,045 2,680
Lol At',
I'm old school which means I like the words I use to more or less resemble - if not mirror precisely - what any good dictionary would say. You remoaners on the other hand like to use them to mean pretty much anything that suits you which, often as not, is a million miles from the dictionary definition. For example, take your use of the word 'evidence' here. What you really mean to say is: 'project fear rhetoric based on wild speculation about the worst case scenario'. Given that there's no precedence for brexit, evidence - as in the real dictionary definition type of evidence - about what will happen post Brexit will only, and can only, emerge after it's happened. On that basis, it very much looks to me as if it's you who's got the blinkers on - not us brexiteers.
Tim.
Here is just one analysis. There are quite a few more. https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/sites/default/files/Economic impact of Brexit summary.pdf

Consequences already out there. Some banks have moved 10% of operations to EU. Moggy moved to Ireland. EMA, EBA Euroclearing all moving.

Motor industry already hit.

Billions of investment postponed potentially cancelled.

More to come. Logistics in transporting through borders. Not just between UK and EU but UK trucks travelling between borders in EU.

University R&D cut back.

University students from abroad falling.

NHS and farms finding difficult to recruit. Farm payrol will rise if Pound falls as a consequence of a hard brexit.
Wages will have to rise.

Fall in pound will import inflation. Who knows BoE may raise rates to support pound. Depends on level of falls. Oil, transport and foodstuff will all rise.

Then there are peeps like you. Harking on about punishments and project fear it may never happen.

Yes very good. As you were. Do carry on. :)

Last edited: