Brexit and the Consequences

NVP

Legendary member
36,737 1,871
someone raised an interesting point recently to me ....why have parties at all ?

People vote for the MPs who deliver the most for their own contsituency
MPs vote in parliament for what they believe in
Prime minister is voted in by either the GP or parliament consensus
Cabinet ministers voted in by their peers in parliament or again by the general public

all done by voting , e-votes , using the technology that is available to anyone

imagine that .....no parties

let me start a new Thread - otherwise this will go off course

N

Atilla

Legendary member
19,033 2,677
Yeah, what we need is a knight in shining armor like, errr, Nick Clegg. Oh wait, he buggered off didn't he. A real brave Sir Robin that One, unlike Farage who is still carrying the flag and sticking it to the enemy.

Not about the man. It's about the party. Nick Clegg handed party over for another to carry it forward.

Farage went back or tried to get back and got the boot. Admirabl leader that he is with loyal servants. Not much different to Boris calling MPs his booted back. Fine specimen of good leadership that they are not. You really are funni even when you don't mean to be.

LOL. You have a few screws that need adjusting. G1. 🤪

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,632 765
Not about the man. It's about the party. Nick Clegg handed party over for another to carry it forward.

Farage went back or tried to get back and got the boot. Admirabl leader that he is with loyal servants. Not much different to Boris calling MPs his booted back. Fine specimen of good leadership that they are not. You really are funni even when you don't mean to be.

LOL. You have a few screws that need adjusting. G1. 🤪
Cleggy skulked off to silicon valley where he will do more harm globally than he ever did to Britain, now where is the Monty Python clip for that one I wonder.......

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,665 2,463
Cleggy skulked off to silicon valley where he will do more harm globally than he ever did to Britain, now where is the Monty Python clip for that one I wonder.......
Yeah, those decent upstanding voters of Sheffield were not listening to his nonsense and basically kicked him out. Then he flounced off (very bravely) to the US of A, where absolutely nobody knows of his piss poor track record. No doubt the gong helped make him sound impressive.

According to Att....he handed over to someone else. :LOL:

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,632 765
Yeah, those decent upstanding voters of Sheffield were not listening to his nonsense and basically kicked him out. Then he flounced off (very bravely) to the US of A, where absolutely nobody knows of his piss poor track record. No doubt the gong helped make him sound impressive.

According to Att....he handed over to someone else. :LOL:
Tim Farron wasn't it? What happened to that nobody? Almost lost his seat in 2017 before handing leadership to Vince Cable, looks like Att doesn't even know the history of his own party 😂

Ironically the only saving factor for the LibDems is Brexit o_O o_O :eek: 😁

What did the EU ever do for the Libdems (said in a parody of Monty Pythons "what did the Romans ever do for us..." kind of way)

Last edited:
Reactions: counter_violent

Atilla

Legendary member
19,033 2,677
Tim Farron wasn't it? What happened to that nobody? Almost lost his seat in 2017 before handing leadership to Vince Cable, looks like Att doesn't even know the history of his own party 😂
It's about the party and the country.

Not about an individual or minority groups.

Geeshhh you guys are hard work. Dreamers :)

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,665 2,463
It's about the party and the country.

Not about an individual or minority groups.

Geeshhh you guys are hard work. Dreamers :)
You should be thanking Brexiters for helping to drain the swamp. It's taking time and the remoaners are putting up a decent rear guard action, but unfortunately for them, they are not winning the battle. :p

2,297 596
5 of the 6 panellists on BBC QT tonight are Remainers & the 1 Leaver is someone from the DUP who most people haven't heard of – a nicely balanced panel in the best traditions of BBC's unbiased approach to Brexit. :rolleyes:

After last week's uncontrolled shambolic shouting match I'd given up listening anyway (I often wondered why I ever looked at it in the first place). Next job after sorting out Brexit is the BBC.

Last edited:

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,632 765
5 of the 6 panellists on BBC QT tonight are Remainers & the 1 Leaver is someone from the DUP who most people haven't heard of – a nicely balanced panel in the best traditions of BBC's unbiased approach to Brexit. :rolleyes:

After last week's uncontrolled shambolic shouting match I'd given up listening anyway (I often wondered why I ever looked at it in the first place). Next job after sorting out Brexit is the BBC.
The bias has got worse since the porogagogo announcement, the hysteria has ramped up to orange man bad levels, I even heard the Russians getting the blame for something today, I wonder what the audience reaction will be this evening, not that I'll be watching it without a TV license anyway.

I'm immune to their propaganda, maybe Att can provide an analysis, although I think he may have cancelled his TV license also

Atilla

Legendary member
19,033 2,677
The bias has got worse since the porogagogo announcement, the hysteria has ramped up to orange man bad levels, I even heard the Russians getting the blame for something today, I wonder what the audience reaction will be this evening, not that I'll be watching it without a TV license anyway.

I'm immune to their propaganda, maybe Att can provide an analysis, although I think he may have cancelled his TV license also

No can do. Don't watch QT anymore. Too mind numbing.

I'll be going for a beach ride, work out on the open air exercise machines, shower and sleep. Life is a beach. (y) :cool:(y)

• Love
Reactions: Signalcalc