Brexit and the Consequences

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,848 814
I have trouble reconciling Brexiteers talking about giving power back to Parliament and then shutting it down? Amazing stuff!

🤪
Strange comment, Brexiteers want power back to the British people enacted by parliament, parliament doesn't have power without consent. The current parliament is the worst we've had in centuries, stuffed full of MPs that do not represent the people, a speaker that is biased and unworthy of his position, a disgrace to every speaker that went before him. Only those that will fulfill the will of the people as determined by referendum are worthy of our taxes, they don't even have the courage to call a general electionfor the first time in history, what a depraved disgrace to Britain and a poor example to set.

The EU has rotted our parliamentary system to the core for the past 47 years, turned them into europhiles, with little regard for the people of Britain as evidenced by the last 3+ years, the sooner we are free from them, the quicker we can get back to making it work for us, not unelected technocrats in Brussels.

That big broom sweeping out parliament I talked about a couple of years ago is about to get sweeping.

Reactions: 0007

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,848 814
Yeah but Brexit.......

Stonkingly good UK jobs data out today: - Average pay rose by 4% in the last year: twice the rate of inflation and the fastest for over a decade - Unemployment at its lowest in 45 years - Over 300,000 more full-time jobs than a year ago, and almost 3 million more than in 2010

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,848 814
Looks to me that the various courts involved in the same subject matter are all over the place, not much consensus amongst judges.

BBC News - Scottish judges rule Parliament suspension is unlawful

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,848 814
Labour backpedaling so quickly now, they've gone from having Brexit in their manifesto, to now wanting another referendum with two options, a deal or remain, just as all the opposition parties are aligned now to stopping Brexit in its entirety, the betrayal would be complete if they ever managed to cancel Brexit.

2,307 607
Labour backpedaling so quickly now, they've gone from having Brexit in their manifesto, to now wanting another referendum with two options, a deal or remain, just as all the opposition parties are aligned now to stopping Brexit in its entirety, the betrayal would be complete if they ever managed to cancel Brexit.
All power to Nigel. Downing Street putting out that they won't do a deal with Nigel cos they don't like him– could be just a ruse for now & they will spring a joint ticket on Labour as soon as they agree to an election. On the other hand ....... perhaps Cummings can't overcome his dislike of Nigel and he's prepared to risk finishing Boris/Conservatives in an all out fight. At least UK politics isn't dull any more!

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,727 2,491
All power to Nigel. Downing Street putting out that they won't do a deal with Nigel cos they don't like him– could be just a ruse for now & they will spring a joint ticket on Labour as soon as they agree to an election. On the other hand ....... perhaps Cummings can't overcome his dislike of Nigel and he's prepared to risk finishing Boris/Conservatives in an all out fight. At least UK politics isn't dull any more!
Farage's response should be.

" OK we will ensure that the Tories are voted out of office"

Your choice Boris....think Hobson

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,848 814
Looking at Farage's tweets, it looks like he hasn't received direct word from Boris's team, so it's not clear how true this is. What is apparent is that there is little, if any, direct communication going on between the BP and the Tories, comms are being done through the media in public, I doubt there are secret talks.

Oh well, I'll stick to my mantra, 'you can't trust the Tories' and I believe Boris will capitulate on Brexit soon enough, I'll be surprised if he doesn't.

Atilla

Legendary member
19,053 2,685
Looks to me that the various courts involved in the same subject matter are all over the place, not much consensus amongst judges.

BBC News - Scottish judges rule Parliament suspension is unlawful
So why do you think Boris shut down Parliament? Coz his too bizi working on trade deals?

2,307 607
So why do you think Boris shut down Parliament? Coz his too bizi working on trade deals?
But it's only shutdown 4 working days longer than it would be normally in the conference season. Just happens to be very convenient and they don't like it up 'em !