Brexit and the Consequences

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,721 2,483
Yes well it's either face jail or face something else.

Numbers don't add up? Well there's a surprise.

Talk is cheap. A lot of brexiteers are in for a very cold shower. Brexiteers promising much and delivering jack. Boris now giving money to social issues he never championed before. For example police numbers. Bit of trumpism going on here. Brake it and then fix it. What a clever boy? How many police were lost under the Tories? How many are they now promising to increase by?

Brexiteers have taken UK back a good 10-20 years imo. Losing potential investments and international credibility. Companies will think twice about locating here that's for sure.
Remind me.

Why did we have austerity again? Was it anything to do with Labours incompetence in managing the UK's finances and economy!
I'll remind you again. Every Labour govt ends in disaster. Not up for debate, it's a fact.

Boris's record on crime is demonstrably better than Khan who has managed to preside over unprecedented increases across the board.

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,721 2,483
And what about police numbers?
That's what happens under austerity. Services across the board cut in order to balance the books. Not rocket science is it.

It's always the same. Tories end up being the responsible party clearing up other peoples mess and incompetence.

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,810 802
Talk is cheap. A lot of brexiteers are in for a very cold shower. Brexiteers promising much and delivering jack. Boris now giving money to social issues he never championed before. For example police numbers. Bit of trumpism going on here. Brake it and then fix it. What a clever boy? How many police were lost under the Tories? How many are they now promising to increase by?
Police numbers are not a social issue, they are a crime issue, although I could forgive a libdem thinking they are a social issue given the politicising of the police force and using them for social issues such as LGBT, social media hate crime, minority rights and other such nonesense, maybe the police wouldn't need greater numbers if they weren't policing social issues.

What is it that Brexiteers are supposed to be delivering in your mind? Brexit?

Brexiteers have taken UK back a good 10-20 years imo. Losing potential investments and international credibility. Companies will think twice about locating here that's for sure.
According to you, the UK will become a tax haven, I can't see many businesses thinking twice over that no-brainer!

You really need to stop contradicting yourself, it's already got a lot of remoaners into trouble/lost their job

Atilla

Legendary member
19,047 2,680
Remainers and the EU have engineered this mess, the voters know it and they will pay dearly when the election comes.
Boris is hemmed in from both sides, so even if he wants a May MkII tweaked deal, it's doubtful that the EU will offer it and Farage won't entertain it anyhow.
Boris still has many advantages here. He has managed to sideline MP's by proroguing parliament, so we won't be hearing much from them, whilst running down the clock.
Parliament due back on Oct 14th coupled with the EU meeting on the Oct 18th. There simply isn't time for proper scrutiny of any new offering between Oct 18th- 31st and even less time for a meaningful vote in favour of accepting amended proposals.
Also, Boris and his advisers have succeeded in convincing the voters that the situation is one of "the people v parliament", which is entirely correct.
The natural majority is still for leaving the EU, so that much is guaranteed. Leave still has the upper hand but it is incumbent on them to press home the advantage. It is not a time to compromise that position.
Boris/govt have stated that they will not be seeking any extension regardless of any remainer trumped up law forcing us to remain in the EU.

We have to be mindful here that as soon as one side ups the stakes, the other side responds in kind. We are at war and there are no peace talks in the offing. Meanwhile, the clock is still ticking and the matter will be resolved by who has the biggest guns. Hold the line troops. As you were!
Police numbers are not a social issue, they are a crime issue, although I could forgive a libdem thinking they are a social issue given the politicising of the police force and using them for social issues such as LGBT, social media hate crime, minority rights and other such nonesense, maybe the police wouldn't need greater numbers if they weren't policing social issues.

Fantastic Trade deals with the rest of the World! Better than the ones we have with EU.

Cheaper prices.

£350m to the NHS p/week for starters

Oh how silly of me to forget... restore power to Parliament.

According to you, the UK will become a tax haven, I can't see many businesses thinking twice over that no-brainer!

You really need to stop contradicting yourself, it's already got a lot of remoaners into trouble/lost their job

Fantastic Trade deals with the rest of the World! Better than the ones we have with EU.

Cheaper prices.

Typically, Tories give away tax cuts and run down services on police, schools, hospitals and public transport whilst laundering their wealth at off-shore accounts evading paying any tax.

You should read some UK economic history. Decline of the empire has much to do with lack of investment and p!ss!ng about with other nations.

Atilla

Legendary member
19,047 2,680
Remainers and the EU have engineered this mess, the voters know it and they will pay dearly when the election comes.
Boris is hemmed in from both sides, so even if he wants a May MkII tweaked deal, it's doubtful that the EU will offer it and Farage won't entertain it anyhow.
Boris still has many advantages here. He has managed to sideline MP's by proroguing parliament, so we won't be hearing much from them, whilst running down the clock.
Parliament due back on Oct 14th coupled with the EU meeting on the Oct 18th. There simply isn't time for proper scrutiny of any new offering between Oct 18th- 31st and even less time for a meaningful vote in favour of accepting amended proposals.
Also, Boris and his advisers have succeeded in convincing the voters that the situation is one of "the people v parliament", which is entirely correct.
The natural majority is still for leaving the EU, so that much is guaranteed. Leave still has the upper hand but it is incumbent on them to press home the advantage. It is not a time to compromise that position.
Boris/govt have stated that they will not be seeking any extension regardless of any remainer trumped up law forcing us to remain in the EU.

We have to be mindful here that as soon as one side ups the stakes, the other side responds in kind. We are at war and there are no peace talks in the offing. Meanwhile, the clock is still ticking and the matter will be resolved by who has the biggest guns. Hold the line troops. As you were!

Boris has mind spasms trying to find reasonable words to blurt out.

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,810 802

Cheaper prices.

Typically, Tories give away tax cuts and run down services on police, schools, hospitals and public transport whilst laundering their wealth at off-shore accounts evading paying any tax.

You should read some UK economic history. Decline of the empire has much to do with lack of investment and p!ss!ng about with other nations.
Well done for identifying these things, let's hope they can deliver once we have left the EU.

Atilla

Legendary member
19,047 2,680

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,810 802

You are forgetting an important aspect in your calculations, uncontrolled population growth, how is the UK expected to fund an explosion in population growth, our social services cant cope as a result of an influx of people using these services. It's why we have a housing crisis, NHS crisis, record benefits bill loss of social services, etc etc.

Don't you think that nations' desires for independence and autonomy from the British Empire had more to do with the decline of Empire than some fantasy lack of spending by the Tories or investment from big business that hardly existed at the time? I think you are falling back on the leftist trick of rewriting history with that drivel.

Atilla

Legendary member
19,047 2,680
You are forgetting an important aspect in your calculations, uncontrolled population growth, how is the UK expected to fund an explosion in population growth, our social services cant cope as a result of an influx of people using these services. It's why we have a housing crisis, NHS crisis, record benefits bill loss of social services, etc etc.

Don't you think that nations' desires for independence and autonomy from the British Empire had more to do with the decline of Empire than some fantasy lack of spending by the Tories or investment from big business that hardly existed at the time? I think you are falling back on the leftist trick of rewriting history with that drivel.
You are forgetting that has nothing to do with EU.

Just as many Brits live in EU. Numbers marginal.

Commonwealth is the problem and check out what Farage numpty says about the CWealth.

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,810 802
You are forgetting that has nothing to do with EU.

Just as many Brits live in EU. Numbers marginal.

Commonwealth is the problem and check out what Farage numpty says about the CWealth.
All you are doing is reverting to what loser remoaners always do, blame the Tories or Farage for some perceived problems that they have ultimately little control over. Certainly Farage has had no control, the Tories could have made moves for non-EU immigration, but they were hamstrung when it came to the EU.

At the time of accession of the former Eastern bloc countries into the EU, we were told (mostly by Labour at the time) and other Europhiles that there would be immigration in the low 10s of thousands. All that turned out to be a lie and we had Eastern Europeans numbering in the 100,000s coming to Britain, all at the time we entered a global recession, UK was/is powerless to stop it.

Either you are parroting lies or rewriting history, which is it to be?

As if that wasn't bad enough Cameron was under massive pressure from the UKIP vote to do something about it in 2015, he tried and failed because the EU were having none of it, then Merkel opened the flood gates just before the referendum, badly judging the mood of not just the UK but pretty much the whole of the EU.

What a farce the EU is, so obstinate and aloof to think they can control the lives of millions of people yet not listen to them.

The EU only has itself to blame for its own mistakes and the position it now finds itself in, the sooner remoaners get that into their tiny little minds, the quicker we will all be able to move on.

Like all previous ideologies/civilisations that did not work with the people, they have failed, as surely the EU will do also, history repeats itself as it has done so many times previously.

Atilla

Legendary member
19,047 2,680
You are also forgetting Tory migrant policies more generous than European entitlements. The toffs not interested in British public despair. They are only pushing Brexit to keep their monies in safe havens, landlords fill their properties and assets have high price alongside depressed wages to supress inflationary pressures. I agree. Deliberate UK government industry policy. Keep labour costs low and maximise profits. UK can easilly protect her borders, hire custom border officers and send back illegals migrants without papers if she wanted to. So much tosh and rollicks about human rights going around its daft. Should also as said before stop interfering in other nations democracies, creating refugees in millions along with uncle Sam. EU can let them in if they like but we are an Island right. Shouldn't be that difficult.

I'm all with you on those factors but once again EU has nothing to do wiht those policies. Farage is an absolute d!ck.

You will turn on Boris and finally Farage too soon enough.

Brexiteers don't seem to have much pedigree in picking decent leaders do they? :unsure:
Wonder why that is? Bunch of liars and power hungry wannabees.

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,810 802
You are also forgetting Tory migrant policies more generous than European entitlements. The toffs not interested in British public despair. They are only pushing Brexit to keep their monies in safe havens, landlords fill their properties and assets have high price alongside depressed wages to supress inflationary pressures. I agree. Deliberate UK government industry policy. Keep labour costs low and maximise profits. UK can easilly protect her borders, hire custom border officers and send back illegals migrants without papers if she wanted to. So much tosh and rollicks about human rights going around its daft. Should also as said before stop interfering in other nations democracies, creating refugees in millions along with uncle Sam. EU can let them in if they like but we are an Island right. Shouldn't be that difficult.

I'm all with you on those factors but once again EU has nothing to do wiht those policies. Farage is an absolute d!ck.

You will turn on Boris and finally Farage too soon enough.

Brexiteers don't seem to have much pedigree in picking decent leaders do they? :unsure:
Wonder why that is? Bunch of liars and power hungry wannabees.
I'm wasting my time when all you do is blame the Tories, at least half of Labour supporters are Brexiteers also, except Labour have abandoned their working class roots in favour of the London elite, all pigs with snouts in the trough, there's barely an MP in the HoC that has done an honest days work, or suffered hardships, had state education, or had to compete with mass migration, they know nothing of ordinary hard working, tax paying people.

Atilla

Legendary member
19,047 2,680
I'm wasting my time when all you do is blame the Tories, at least half of Labour supporters are Brexiteers also, except Labour have abandoned their working class roots in favour of the London elite, all pigs with snouts in the trough, there's barely an MP in the HoC that has done an honest days work, or suffered hardships, had state education, or had to compete with mass migration, they know nothing of ordinary hard working, tax paying people.
You and I much the same SC. Sadly your root cause analysis is wrong which leads you to conclude action on the wrong response and direction.

UK is a country with a history of feudalism, barons and lords. Aristocracy and class still very much with us. So are the elites and all their apparatus with their grammar and public schools. Special selections and privileges. You get upset about blaming Tories yet the current crop of PMs and cabinet ministers all from the same stables.

Your previous post belies your beliefs talking about labour and elite London pigs. Anybody would think you too were a Labour supporter.

I have trouble reconciling Brexiteers talking about giving power back to Parliament and then shutting it down? Amazing stuff!

🤪