Brexit and the Consequences

postman

Legendary member
22,126 2,367
Its a done deal.
Brexit on the 31 Oct no stopping it and the remoaners passed a law which defaults to 'No deal'. Hoist with their own petard.

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,528 745
Some would speculate that UKGov has been deliberately running the military down so that we HAVE to rely on EU Defence unification, otherwise why would we bother with a European coalition when we already have NATO and the US?

Atilla

Legendary member
19,006 2,670
Where is the finance going to come from?

Does the UK have resources to develop such weapons unilaterally? Few countries can afford to produce their own civil aircraft.

Let's add that to our wish list along with developing our own satellite system. :unsure:

HS2 will look like a drop in the ocean in comparison.

:whistle:

Pat494

Legendary member
13,691 1,368
Where is the finance going to come from?

Does the UK have resources to develop such weapons unilaterally? Few countries can afford to produce their own civil aircraft.

Let's add that to our wish list along with developing our own satellite system. :unsure:

HS2 will look like a drop in the ocean in comparison.

:whistle:
It is a certainty that the politicians will be spending public money in huge amounts after Brexit. Piling up debt for the next lot I expect.

The price of food may rocket after Oct 31st. So it would be a good insurance policy to stock up with plenty of cans of food.
Perhaps one could find a wholesaler who sells in quantity for a discount.

timsk

Legendary member
7,023 1,847
. . . The price of food may rocket after Oct 31st. So it would be a good insurance policy to stock up with plenty of cans of food. . .
You could do that Pat but, equally, the price of food may fall after Oct 31st. Then you'll end up with egg on your (red) face rather than where it belongs - in a frying pan!
:p

postman

Legendary member
22,126 2,367
Who cares about Brexit, that's a remoaners teardrop in the ocean compared to the state the worlds economy is in.

Denmark's 3rd Largest Bank Is Now Paying People To Take Out A Mortgage

Yes take out a mortgage in Denmark and they will pay YOU money!

Massive inflation is the only way to cancel out all the debt in the world but no one can afford to spend anything.

In the same way Social Justice Warriors are virtue signaling by publicly appologising for their white male privilege, soon they will be appologising for screwing up the world economy.

Reactions: Oscar Reed

postman

Legendary member
22,126 2,367
I'll soon be buying up 2nd hand French and Spanish fishing trawlers and selling them to the Brits for when we get our territories back. Dont forget to go long defense stocks because were going to need lots more navy ships to patrol OUR fishing waters (got to watch those Icelandic types as well as the Europeans).

Pat494

Legendary member
13,691 1,368
You g
I'll soon be buying up 2nd hand French and Spanish fishing trawlers and selling them to the Brits for when we get our territories back. Dont forget to go long defense stocks because were going to need lots more navy ships to patrol OUR fishing waters (got to watch those Icelandic types as well as the Europeans).
You have got a good point there m8 about the trawlers but somebody here probably still remembers how to build them.
Only I for one hardly ever buy fish anymore having heard that 1 in 3 fish caught are polluted with plastic. Is it cancerous ?

Last edited:

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,647 2,455
You g

You have got a good point there m8 about the trawlers but somebody here probably still remembers how to build them.
Only I for one hardly ever buy fish anymore having heard that 1 in 3 fish caught are polluted with plastic. Is it cancerous ?
No more polluted than the meat you eat which is pumped full of antibiotics, or the veg which is coated with toxic pesticides.

We should get one thing clear.....neither the EU or the UK Govt's could give a toss about it's citizens. It's every man for himself these days. You have to be informed to find ways through the system. (y)

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,528 745
Do we go long UK defence or long EU defence ?

Pat494

Legendary member
13,691 1,368
Do we go long UK defence or long EU defence ?
As I understand it, it is the EU nations like Spain. Portugal. France, Netherlands etc. who are doing the fish pillaging thanks to inept political ninnies from the past. They are unlikely to stop their own.
Another good reason to quit the EU.