Brexit and the Consequences

Pat494

Legendary member
13,492 1,333
The Brexiteers don't seem to realize that Brexit will definitely ruin many businesses here in Britain and also in the EU.
It may well contribute to the collapse of the EU by the UK's withdrawal and not paying in the billions needed to support the losers in the EU.
Much of the blame MUST be the fault of the EU leaders and their stupid policies of integration and immigration etc.. A lot of overpaid idiots in my view pushing policies that have driven Britain out of the EU. £487,000 a year for sitting on their fat arses and promoting divisive policies. Hitler would be proud of their efforts to make a Fourth Reich and hurt people.

Should by a miracle of good sense the EU leaders decide to implement more reasonable policies and the UK Govt. have another referendum I feel sure the remain group would win and be proud to be a member of a sensible group. Thus averting the ruin of many millions of people.

Last edited:

timsk

Legendary member
6,938 1,812
The Brexiteers don't seem to realize that Brexit will definitely ruin many businesses here in Britain and also in the EU. . .
Hi Pat,
How many is many? I think most (all?) brexiteers acknowledge that there are likely to be some teething problems in the short term after we leave and these may include some business failures and associated job losses. I was well aware of that when I voted in 2016. It's regrettable of course, but it's a case of 'no gain without pain'. Who knows what Mrs. May in Trousers or BoJo will do to minimise the impact of brexit, but I hope they do whatever they can to support those adversely impacted. The key thing though - as you highlight in your post - is that the whole sorry saga is largely of the EU's own making. Change is a universal law; it happens to everyone and everything and we all have to roll with it. Adapt or die. Everyone has to adapt as their personal circumstances change through life, businesses have to do adapt to changes in the market and politicians (and their parties) have to adapt to new political realities. Sadly, the EU thinks it's the exception that proves the rule and can remain rigid and inflexible. It can't. Whether they realise this before it's too late and the entire thing falls apart remains to be seen. The prognosis is poor - as the EU is already on life support.
Tim.

Signalcalc

3,038 637
Tax cuts are a traditional Tory vote winner sounds like conservatism to me. Not sure I would vote for nationalism though, how do you define that?

The Libdems ? The party of losers, Rory Stewart will be joining them next hot on the heels of Chuka.
Are you talking Plaid Cymru nationalists? Another remoaner argument falls down.

Expenses cheat Chris Davies becomes SECOND MP to be booted out

Signalcalc

3,038 637
It’s a good olde English civil war. Deep state globalists vs populists.

Police are called to flat Boris Johnson shares with Carrie Symonds

Last edited:

Pat494

Legendary member
13,492 1,333
Boris is a married man but Carrie is/was his lover.

He really should answer questions, being a very public person.
Looks like Trump and does like Trump ???????????

2,219 553

What are the questions?

Signalcalc

3,038 637

I don't think anyone really cares, all the Tory party need to be interested in is Brexit by the 31st Oct, anything else is fluff. If it doesn't happen then parliament will be kaput regardless who is PM by then.

Parliament has a crisis looming and all the media is concerned with is Boris's private life, which is politically motivated. I couldn't care less whether all or nothing is revealed, the focus should be on what happens on the 31 October.

Interesting watching the political prog today, all remainers are still in denial, almost as if they have no idea what will happen to their jobs at the next GE :D

Pat494

Legendary member
13,492 1,333
What are the questions?
Well if he hurts his own wife by having a mistress,
can he be trusted to care about Britain or is he just playing fast and loose for his own benefits ?
He has changed his mind over Brexit seeing in advance who was going to win.
Didn't support his leader hardly at all leaving a clear run to be PM.
I don't know his views on attacking Iran on behalf of the US. Now that's important imho.
Are we going to be their attack dog in the coming conflict ?

NVP

Legendary member
36,537 1,843
Boris is a clown.........but a dangerous and highly intelligent one

sure perhaps book him as the next bond villain ........but lets not give him the keys to number 10 ....please

the conservatives must not sell out for a popularist leader who is a law unto themselves.......

hunt has never ever impressed me much .....but he is coming out of his shell and has detail behind all his strategies to boot.....

boring - but best of a bad lot....we need a grown up as PM .....not an adolescent teenager

book boris for the xmas party........but i would also keep him out of the cabinet as well .....he will wreck it

N

Last edited:
Reactions: Atilla

NVP

Legendary member
36,537 1,843
Well if he hurts his own wife by having a mistress,
can he be trusted to care about Britain or is he just playing fast and loose for his own benefits ?
He has changed his mind over Brexit seeing in advance who was going to win.
Didn't support his leader hardly at all leaving a clear run to be PM.
I don't know his views on attacking Iran on behalf of the US. Now that's important imho.
Are we going to be their attack dog in the coming conflict ?

agreed ..........hes not got the depth we need from a leader....he vasilates and bores extremely easily and never knuckles down to anything......he sits on fences until he picks sides (brexit)...and computes everything for own benefit ....not a self sacrificial bone in his body .......0/10

Reactions: Atilla

Pat494

Legendary member
13,492 1,333
These days the worst candidates seem to triumph !
Whether they lie repeatedly. fornicate to excess etc. doesn't seem to matter.
Perhaps the people in Western countries are tired of the old pattern where
nothing much gets done.