Brexit and the Consequences

barjon

Legendary member
10,279 1,558
I’m guessing his words have been through the MSM mincer? Still, no matter, I have no faith in any Tories, they flipflop at the drop of a hat, if they ain’t flipping then they’ll be flopping.
I see MSM is saying it’s Tuesday. Nah, they’ve spun that, bet it’s Monday.

Reactions: cantagril

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,637 2,452
From reading around, there appears to be much letter writing to sympathetic member leaders in an attempt to persuade one of them to veto, how effective that will be is anyone’s guess. Brexiteers can live in hope, but I wonder what the consequences would be for the vetoing partner and the EU in general, high risk stakes, there will be mucho effort going in on both sides of the coin to help or prevent Brexit.
Aye, which leads me to think that One veto is more likely to be Two or Three, so that no individual country carries the can.

Atilla

Legendary member
18,995 2,668
Very interesting reading your viewpoints. I'm wondering...

What is the root cause of our troubles that's what I like to know?

Where were we?

Where we are now?

Where are we going?

Has anyone seen any destination brochures with some pics or reviews from those already there?

Can someone remind me the reason why we've embarked on this journey please?

Farage, Boris, Govey country needs you lot to show us the way. Please help us.

Why have they gone sooo quiet? These next few days surely their moment!

How long will it take us to get there?

How much will it cost me?

Do I need suncream?

Should I be concerned?

I wonder what I should pack so I'm prepared and can enjoy the destination?

Who's our captain?

Wonder who'll be my fellow passengers?

You think some peeps may disembark before we get there?

Exciting times.

timsk

Legendary member
7,015 1,845
Aye, which leads me to think that One veto is more likely to be Two or Three, so that no individual country carries the can.
Hi c_v,
Forget one of the other member states vetoing an extension to Article 50 - it ain't gonna happen. As JRM said in the podcast that Jon linked to earlier, no country is going to expend its political capital and incur the wrath of the EU and most other member states just to do us a favour. Why would they - there's bu$$er in it for them - except truck loads of grief they could well do without. Given the options of a no-deal Brexit based on a veto or a snowball not melting in hell - the latter offers the best odds!
Tim.

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,637 2,452
Hi c_v,
Forget one of the other member states vetoing an extension to Article 50 - it ain't gonna happen. As JRM said in the podcast that Jon linked to earlier, no country is going to expend its political capital and incur the wrath of the EU and most other member states just to do us a favour. Why would they - there's bu$$er in it for them - except truck loads of grief they could well do without. Given the options of a no-deal Brexit based on a veto or a snowball not melting in hell - the latter offers the best odds!
Tim.
That's fine btw, we shall continue to make their lives a misery in the EU parliament as the numbers swell after May's elections.

The main issues still won't go away.

Atilla

Legendary member
18,995 2,668
About time... Common sense if you ask me. What a ridiculous daft human idea?

This is what I would call the smart alek whacko of an idea. How it ever got implemented in the first place is beyond me.

Great idea? UK should follow European end to summer time clock changes (y)

European MPs vote to end summer time clock changes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47704345

Last edited:
Reactions: Signalcalc

barjon

Legendary member
10,279 1,558
That's fine btw, we shall continue to make their lives a misery in the EU parliament as the numbers swell after May's elections.

The main issues still won't go away.
Oh, I dunno. People are so fed up I expect they’ll vote for the Monster Raving Loonies.

barjon

Legendary member
10,279 1,558
But former Brexit secretary David Davis said the PM's deal was better than the alternatives and had a "decent chance" of getting through Parliament if put to the vote again.
"It's not a good deal but the alternative is a complete cascade of chaos," he said. "You are seeing proposals being put up which are all worse than hers."

Well, well, who’d’ve thunk it

Signalcalc

3,467 729
Very interesting reading your viewpoints. I'm wondering...

What is the root cause of our troubles that's what I like to know?
The EU.

Where were we?
At the beginning of this thread

Where we are now?
Somewhere in the middle of this thread

Where are we going?
Towards the end of this thread

Has anyone seen any destination brochures with some pics or reviews from those already there?
I think you have been looking at glossy magazines of Barbados and are flying out there very soon (y)

Can someone remind me the reason why we've embarked on this journey please?
For sun, sea and jerk chicken

Farage, Boris, Govey country needs you lot to show us the way. Please help us.
They are all hard at work campaigning whilst you are jetting off to the sun, sea and jerk chicken

Why have they gone sooo quiet? These next few days surely their moment!
They are just jealous that you are going on holiday

How long will it take us to get there?
About 9 hours last time I flew out there :)

How much will it cost me?
Much more than the Reef, which is where I'm headed in a couple of days :love:

Do I need suncream?
Most certainly, don't forget the hat.

Should I be concerned?
Be concerned that you will still be able to connect to the internet and participate in the thread whilst you are away

I wonder what I should pack so I'm prepared and can enjoy the destination?
Laptop and/or phone

Who's our captain?
It's a cruise, isn't it?

Wonder who'll be my fellow passengers?
Brexiteers :ROFLMAO:

You think some peeps may disembark before we get there?
If you are cruising, you could always call in at Ascension or Montserrat and exile yourself, or just get horrendously drunk and fling yourself overboard :ROFLMAO:

Exciting times.
Don't forget to send us a postcard, as I will too:giggle:

Last edited:

Atilla

Legendary member
18,995 2,668
Thanks SC that's put a smile on my face.

Wish it was true much like Brexit but sadly it ain't even half near to reality. :alien:

(y)

Signalcalc

3,467 729
Thanks SC that's put a smile on my face.

Wish it was true much like Brexit but sadly it ain't even half near to reality. :alien:

(y)
I thought you said in the 7000 post count somewhere that you would be flying at the time of Brexit, thought you were off on a holiday, that makes me sad that you're not :(, but hey, blighty is in for another mini heatwave over the next few days, Brighton beach is beckoning :D

Reactions: Atilla