Brexit and the Consequences

How so ?
One certainly gets that impression even though the EU Parliament is extremely expensive .

Hi Pat,

Your assertion that Germany controls EU parliament is tosh. You are spreading the same old bull.

EU Parliament has proportional representation of seat/votes based on population size of the country. Germany does have the largest but UK had the 2nd largest until it left. Then it's France.

I just thought you loading it up on Germany / Merkel was a load of rubbish. It's France that has suggested vetoing any agreement not Germany.

Hi Pat,

Your assertion that Germany controls EU parliament is tosh. You are spreading the same old bull.

EU Parliament has proportional representation of seat/votes based on population size of the country. Germany does have the largest but UK had the 2nd largest until it left. Then it's France.

I just thought you loading it up on Germany / Merkel was a load of rubbish. It's France that has suggested vetoing any agreement not Germany.

Don't listen to him Pat. :ROFLMAO:

We all know that Germany is zee most efficient country in the EU and they spend all their time monitoring and lecturing the other countries on their profligacy. Look what they did to Greece. :eek:

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd swear that last night's dinner in Brussels was a subtle piece of trolling by Ursula van der Leyen. Boris looked as though he'd been dragged through a hedge backwards, in a suit that must have been discarded by Oxfam. The menu of scallops, turbot and exotic fruits was perfect irony.

Looks like a crash out folks. At least it's not a civil war as in 1850s USA.
A no free trade deal will greatly harm the EU AND Britain and so like the proverbial lemmings it looks increasingly likely.

Looks like a crash out folks. At least it's not a civil war as in 1850s USA.
A no free trade deal will greatly harm the EU AND Britain and so like the proverbial lemmings it looks increasingly likely.
Pat; If we leave the EU without a deal, I'm not confident how this will play out. If there are food, and medicine, shortages we could see civil unrest.
Boris Johnson wrote in the Telegraph, back in 2013, how important it was to be part of the EU. Now we're on the cliff edge waiting to jump or be pushed over. Dark days ahead, I fear.

"Sunlit Uplands"

"Easiest Deal"

"'The day after we vote to leave, we hold all the cards"

"Absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the Single Market"

"I believe that we can get a free trade and customs agreement concluded before March 2019"

"The Conservative party will ensure that we fulfill our duty in ensuring stability [of trade]"

"Oven-ready Deal"

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd swear that last night's dinner in Brussels was a subtle piece of trolling by Ursula van der Leyen. Boris looked as though he'd been dragged through a hedge backwards, in a suit that must have been discarded by Oxfam. The menu of scallops, turbot and exotic fruits was perfect irony.

Very true the point you make. Generally smelly fishy stuff is not served at diplomatic functions because they make the breath smell . I'm guessing they'll have made an exception coz they all probably wearing masks as good little citizens protecting the globe from the Covideee thingymijig.

And now we're just 3 weeks away from our Zimbabwean style Trade Deal with the EU.

Yipeee :D 🍾

One notes that former Australian ( which trades with the EU on the same terms as Zimbabwe) Prime Ministers are somewhat less enthusiastic about this prospect for us than our own Prime Moron.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And now we're just 3 weeks away from our Zimbabwean style Trade Deal with the EU.

Yipeee :D 🍾

One notes that former Australian ( which trades with the EU on the same terms as Zimbabwe) Prime Ministers are somewhat less enthusiastic about this prospect for us than our own Prime Moron.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Some people may have forgotten BoJo the Clown's comment, some months ago. It was something like "getting a trade deal with the EU, after Brexit, will be the easiest deal in history". How's that going Prime Minister?

700 million pounds

The immediate cost to UK Taxpayers in subsidy to supermarkets towards the extra paperwork required just to keep basic foodstuffs on shelves in NI shops in January.

And that's just the official figure for the initial hit for one specific sector.

I forgot about this little piece of nonsense

Attachments

• Eo6diBoW4AEL8uT.jpg
    Eo6diBoW4AEL8uT.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 65
"Master has given Dobby a sock, Dobby is free"

The important thing is that we've got what we wanted and we no longer have to have anything to do with those horrid Europeans. The appalling foreign workers will be replaced with sterling citizens from the ex-Commonwealth who will be culturally and linguistically indistinguishable from us, their hosts. We don't need the EU as we can get our food from anywhere we want: tangy chicken from the US and a host of comestibles from our friends the Chinese.

Just wait and see, we'll have the last laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly because some misguided folk thought that their elected representatives would, um, represent them ...and maybe (just maybe) even promote their interests. Maybe next time.

Ahha and 75 mill Americans thought they were voting in free and fair elections. Suckers !

Ring ring, ring ring, ring ring.... bleeep.
"Hi Merkly me old goat, it's Bore'is here about the trade deal"
Click.
Bloop. The other person has cleared, please try again later.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The important thing is that we've got what we wanted and we no longer have to have anything to do with those horrid Europeans. The appalling foreign workers will be replaced with sterling citizens from the ex-Commonwealth who will be culturally and linguistically indistinguishable from us, their hosts. We don't need the EU as we can get our food from anywhere we want: tangy chicken from the US and a host of comestibles from our friends the Chinese.

Yep, that's right cant', if it wasn't for despicable racist gammon like c_v and me - we wouldn't be in this mess!
:ROFLMAO:

Did you mean tangy chicken or, chlorinated chicken?:sick:

Did you mean tangy chicken or, chlorinated chicken?:sick:
So how is chlorinated chicken any different to other standards already applied to UK food?
Does the same job. Kills the bacteria.

Weak argument, but is trotted out continuously as though chlorination is inferior to irradiation.

Must try harder.

PS.
All UK water supplies are chlorinated.

In the UK, all public water supplies must be disinfected by law to destroy any bacteria which may be harmful to your health. ... We add chlorine at the final stage of water treatment in order to kill any harmful germs that may be present, and concentrations are monitored closely, 24 hours a day.