Brexit and the Consequences

Well, Amber Rudd is as bad as any nasty Nazi man wanting to find out who employs non-UK nationals. Maybe she thought they should wear a blue EU flag like the Nazis made Jewish people wear yellow Stars of David before butchering them.
Rudd disgusts me, even if they are trying to row back from her crass stupidity. Come back, former right wing (Labour) Home Secretary David Blunkett, at least he saw no distinction between fellow human beings.

Well, Amber Rudd is as bad as any nasty Nazi man wanting to find out who employs non-UK nationals. Maybe she thought they should wear a blue EU flag like the Nazis made Jewish people wear yellow Stars of David before butchering them.
Rudd disgusts me, even if they are trying to row back from her crass stupidity. Come back, former right wing (Labour) Home Secretary David Blunkett, at least he saw no distinction between fellow human beings.

She meant well. Hope and Glory stuff. Must have been discussed and seemed like a good idea at the time, wot with the party conference and all that. Pandering to the mob. Imagine the cheers from the home crowd and all those lazy unemployed people who would otherwise work only if the reward was worth getting out of bed for. Who needs trade unions when you have the Government trying to raise wages to get dim wits into jobs???

I was wondering so what happens if a Canadian bank wants to locate in London and employ some Torontorians???

What a marvellous signal to send to the rest of the World on what a fantastic place the UK is to do business in. They are making the French employment laws look good. :eek:

In the arts World I believe it is called a Tragicomedy!!!

I know. That's why I chose him as the example.
I don't doubt it Richard, but your joke is waaaay too sophisticated for 48% of voters - I mean thread subscribers - so I thought they might appreciate a little clue. Oh all right then, a big clue!
:LOL:

I don't doubt it Richard, but your joke is waaaay too sophisticated for 48% of voters - I mean thread subscribers - so I thought they might appreciate a little clue. Oh all right then, a big clue!
:LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Probably since that 48% are too young to remember, since many were at primary school ha ha unlike me, who can't remember being young ha ha

Which reminds me of learning at school in Leeds that, "RUDDy Old Yorkshiremen Gorge Beer In Volumes"
which represents..........?

and "Richard of York Gave Battle In Vain"

There you are, that's what you learnt in grammar school :)

Brexit going through Parliament is turning into a right dogs dinner.

No consultation on negotiations, deal, how, when, why, where, what!!!

One question on trumped up referendum with many lies and deceits, and as if the one government with a small majority been given carte blanche licence to kick Parliament and all of UK inhabitants, businesses and parties into sidelines.

Is this what the British people really voted for?

Did they really know what they were voting for?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37606228

. . . Did they really know what they were voting for?
Yep, we sure did.
Sovereignty, taking back control and saying goodbye - not to Europe and Europeans - but to the unelected, unaccountable and irremovable political elite. In a nutshell, a vote to leave was to give the thumbs up to democracy, whereas, a vote to remain was akin to putting two fingers up to democracy.

It's early days but, thus far, it strikes me that it's going rather better than anyone expected and, certainly, a great deal better than many remain 'experts' predicted. No gain without pain Atilla - combined with a little patience - is all that's required.
(y)

Looks like etfs have started showing an increase in long sterling positions and a reduction in shorts

Source Eikon news feed

I have been wondering if the worst has been priced in more or less which is why I am keen to look for opportunities.

Yep, we sure did.
Sovereignty, taking back control and saying goodbye - not to Europe and Europeans - but to the unelected, unaccountable and irremovable political elite. In a nutshell, a vote to leave was to give the thumbs up to democracy, whereas, a vote to remain was akin to putting two fingers up to democracy.

It's early days but, thus far, it strikes me that it's going rather better than anyone expected and, certainly, a great deal better than many remain 'experts' predicted. No gain without pain Atilla - combined with a little patience - is all that's required.
(y)

Sigh, take back control - how many times was that trite saying thrust down our throats.

Ftse is sky high 'cos of all the overseas earnings of the big guys who, in £ terms, are doing rather well. Mind you, the plummeting £ is the more telling as the verdict of the market so far.

If you nip off to France for a bit of fishing I hope you get more than 97 cents for your £ as some Shylocks at the airports were giving over the week-end.

Most Brexiters and the media are mis-reading the situ. Everybody in the UK needs to wake up!

Reason for the recent favourable moves are more to do with relief Gove and Farage have gone, Leesdom and Johnson are nowhere significant. The expectation being that government was back in stable regular Conservative party control, in the hands of Theresa May who was in the remain camp albeit quietly so.

Coupled with BoE and Fed support for the markets it was more relief and FTSE100 rising due to 10+% currency drop impact on foreign earnings of global companies.

So after last week when the market gets to discover Theresa May's gov is considering a hard Brexit it didn't take long for the market sentiment to come through after the initial fall in cable to 1.30. Now we are at 1.20. If this continues some "experts" suggesting 1.10. I agree with them.

When the protest vote realises;

1. oil up at the pumps by 4/5 p
2. supermarket prices up 10-20%
3. holiday fees up
4. some unemployment as foreign comps relocate
5. falling house prices and perhaps negative equity traps
6. maybe rising interest rates to support pound or UK TBills and banks
7. inflation
8. NHS under funding
9. no wage rises
10. utility cost rises

They can think again about the true meaning of "They never had it so good!"

Those words were uttered by Harold Macmillan in 1957 telling the Conservatives what he thought. UK industry was losing out to EU at the time and in 1961 application was made for membership. Took about 10 years for the UK to realise her post WWII error in not signing up at the start.

When it was all going pear shaped, it was in 1967 the British people this time by Labour's Wilson was told "From now on, the pound abroad is worth 14 per cent or so less in terms of other currencies. That doesn't mean, of course, that the Pound here in Britain, in your pocket or purse or in your bank, has been devalued."

Now the politicians peddling another set of lies all to further their own careers and you no doubt believe them.

So you say things are going well and we should wait to see real hard Brexit when foreign companies really desert the UK, London is well adn trully duffed up, passport rights are up for negotiations and WTO rules kick in after 2-3 years of uncertainty.

Seeing is believing they say.

Ooopsy - forget to mention the pesky migrants issue. How silly of me but we'll have that under control too, somehow, someway in some fashion. Don't mention corporate name lists. Thought they had this anyway. It's called a corporate phone directory!!! :cheesy:

What an absolute ****-up this whole fiasco is. Thank goodness Farage is advising Trump on how to get elected. Then single handedly he will have effed up the UK and the US whilst retired. That is some feat of achievement. Give him a medal (y)