Brewski Trades

I've put a guaranteed stop on the Gold trade, I don't like to hold over the weekend but North Korea could easily cause a decent spike so I will keep this one going.

Interesting to note that if this trade was showing a loss it would look like I was trying to justify holding on to it but it's currently showing me a profit and I'm hoping for more.

glad it didnt sell off anymore today, i am also long and having a sh1t month :rolleyes: its currently around the 1300 level :)

glad it didnt sell off anymore today, i am also long and having a sh1t month :rolleyes: its currently around the 1300 level :)

I haven't had the best of starts either, had a bad day today also as there's another couple trades I took that were losses that I will post up a screenshot when I get the chance - all my trades will be shown and nothing will be hidden.

Are you holding it over the weekend?

Your stop is not genuine. How can you have a stop above the price paid ?

That's what you don't know as a newbie boy trader, because that could be a take profit SL, be a good boy,run along back to mommy and let the real men trade, go back to playing sim trades.

Last edited:
May as well just blow this £960 trying to get some real money ain't I... literally not worth all this effort just to win a few pence:LOL: (or lose £40 like I have so far)

If its any consolation I smashed a few bucks last night. Bowling and betting on the outcome (won against my other 2 competitors but lost on an outside bet against the group) - I think that's called a hedge :).
We'd bet on f**king snails crossing the road if we saw it. Then arcade machines, drinks a plenty, club, more drinks then entertainment then food.

Good luck on Gold mate. Lets get your account back in the black.

PS: On the London Traders Forum they will have a few drinks and meet up with others in the next couple of months. I'll be going (and staying over) - you up for a few drinks. If so let me know and I'll get us a car and driver for the evening to carry on the party.

Lee

If its any consolation I smashed a few bucks last night. Bowling and betting on the outcome (won against my other 2 competitors but lost on an outside bet against the group) - I think that's called a hedge :).
We'd bet on f**king snails crossing the road if we saw it. Then arcade machines, drinks a plenty, club, more drinks then entertainment then food.

Good luck on Gold mate. Lets get your account back in the black.

PS: On the London Traders Forum they will have a few drinks and meet up with others in the next couple of months. I'll be going (and staying over) - you up for a few drinks. If so let me know and I'll get us a car and driver for the evening to carry on the party.

Lee

Gambling is only a problem when you're losing mate :LOL:

You have PM

Right, Friday was not a good day for me at all.(n) Screenshot attached showing all trades taken.

I had the Gold trade still running from Thursday which was fine, that's still going now and so far is working out ok.

I took a gbp/usd trade which I called on here that was stopped out in about 2 minutes, I have no issue with that trade - I knew PM May was speaking and it would be a little more volatile, I followed price action and went with it.

Not long after, gbp/usd went back up to where I took the trade and again looked like it was heading up so I had another go at it - totally impulsive. Win or lose, I should never have took that trade but I did and it cost me another 2%.

A few minutes later I bought DOW, managed to get in with quite a tight stop and it showed me a 1:1RR profit (I generally aim for a 2:1RR as you can see by my previous trades) before then going back to stopping me out. I wondered at the time whether I'd taken this one impulsively as well but looking back at it I have no issue with this trade either, again I followed price action and went with it.

Now 3 losers all in a short space of time really did get to me, you can see in my posts I started saying "may as well just blow the lot trying to win some real money". I went £5pp on usd/jpy... no other reason than revenge trading/gambling. I risked over 10% of my account on one trade out of annoyance trying to recover losses. I didn't lose (breakeven) this time but that's not the point, I'm disappointed that I gave in and did the trade knowing full well I'd have to post on here that I'd done it.

The market's being closed has cleared my head, I have no time to trade until Thursday evening now so what's done is done and I carry on then.(y)

Attachments

• 17 Trade.jpg
    17 Trade.jpg
    537.6 KB · Views: 198
@brewski

Great chatting to you on the phone mate. Keep in touch and we'll meet up for a few bevvies next week. I've sent you a text regarding a trade. Let me know if you want in.

Lee

No trades taken so far this week haven't had time to even think about it.

I'm still in the Gold trade as I've just let it run, the rally in the Dollar has given it a bit of a hit. I never did take that eur/usd buy I was tempted to do last Sunday night I just went to sleep so so that saved me some money:LOL:

I've got today to do some trades and Monday next week and that'll be it so I'm a little bit limited again. All I can really see is to possibly short usd/jpy at some point or eur/usd is looking good for a buy compared to where it was on Sunday, I expect maybe a little bit of profit taking on the Dollar today. I've got an alert set up on Brent at 57.00 but I think I might have missed that one already.

Screenshot to show no other trades taken.

Attachments

• 18 Trade.jpg
    18 Trade.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 268
No trades taken so far this week haven't had time to even think about it.

I'm still in the Gold trade as I've just let it run, the rally in the Dollar has given it a bit of a hit. I never did take that eur/usd buy I was tempted to do last Sunday night I just went to sleep so so that saved me some money:LOL:

I've got today to do some trades and Monday next week and that'll be it so I'm a little bit limited again. All I can really see is to possibly short usd/jpy at some point or eur/usd is looking good for a buy compared to where it was on Sunday, I expect maybe a little bit of profit taking on the Dollar today. I've got an alert set up on Brent at 57.00 but I think I might have missed that one already.

Screenshot to show no other trades taken.

No trades this week?
That's a good sign!

Shows you have the willpower/experience to hold tight and wait.
Good work mate (y)

I have my eye on the Brent myself...watching how it behaves on the fibo I drew
PS: Who do you set your alerts with?
Ive been looking for some sort of alarm to notify me when price gets to a particular level, but no luck finding one that actually works. So much crap on Play Store

No trades this week?
That's a good sign!

Shows you have the willpower/experience to hold tight and wait.
Good work mate (y)

I have my eye on the Brent myself...watching how it behaves on the fibo I drew
PS: Who do you set your alerts with?
Ive been looking for some sort of alarm to notify me when price gets to a particular level, but no luck finding one that actually works. So much crap on Play Store

Brent didn’t quite get low enough for me to buy so I’ll probably pass on it now as it’s the weekend tomorrow. Out of interest as I don’t use any indicators, what price was the line you drew?

I just use the alerts on my CMC account, it sends notifications to my phone... not 100% reliable but near enough.

Brent didn’t quite get low enough for me to buy so I’ll probably pass on it now as it’s the weekend tomorrow. Out of interest as I don’t use any indicators, what price was the line you drew?

I just use the alerts on my CMC account, it sends notifications to my phone... not 100% reliable but near enough.

Ah, I see.
I need to find a second broker anyway, so perhaps the next one I use will have such alerts.

I'm a bit cautious saying what my analysis was just in case i'm making some mistakes and someone tried to copy me... but since the move is over...
I had a Fibo drawn from the 58.422 high to the 56.731 and was just watching how it was behaving around the key fibo levels.

I saw an opportunity for a quick scalp at 57.094 when the candle closed below the fibo level. I rode it down to that 56.907 low and bailed out.

Ah, I see.
I need to find a second broker anyway, so perhaps the next one I use will have such alerts.

I'm a bit cautious saying what my analysis was just in case i'm making some mistakes and someone tried to copy me... but since the move is over...
I had a Fibo drawn from the 58.422 high to the 56.731 and was just watching how it was behaving around the key fibo levels.

I saw an opportunity for a quick scalp at 57.094 when the candle closed below the fibo level. I rode it down to that 56.907 low and bailed out.

Truth be told, I ended up giving most of it back due to that spike up (sold back into it again)...stop loss was slightly too low.

What I gave back I took back again on the EUR USD when that fractal completed and price retested the break level. Clearly my impulses need more taming but I am getting noticably better

Truth be told, I ended up giving most of it back due to that spike up (sold back into it again)...stop loss was slightly too low.

What I gave back I took back again on the EUR USD when that fractal completed and price retested the break level. Clearly my impulses need more taming but I am getting noticably better

Like most things in life, losing is the only way you learn.

Like most things in life, losing is the only way you learn.

I get excited with some losses.
As long as they are not big % losses (which risk management should ensure) then bring it! I see it as a challenge and it also helps me stay modest. Then again, i'm on a mini live account...lets see if I can say the same when I bump up to a 1+k account :LOL:

I am struggling with trying to stay modest recently. People keep talking about making returns like 10% per month being great... yet I keep seeing opportunities to make that in a week putting 3% capital on each trade and only taking the trades that are the cream of the crop. I keep waiting for that "ah ha" moment where I recognise what I'm missing, but it's just not happening yet.