Brewski Trading

Always makes me laugh when people come back and post once they start winning again, although I don't think we will be hearing from that "king" guy that shorted the dow from 17,000 ever again 😂

Anyway, I've messed around adding and actually closed one position on my gbp/usd trade (the original one is still going). You really don't get much room to move with these new margin requirements. My gut instincts were starting to change my view on this trade however I'm sticking with it for now to see how this all plays out.

Ok yesterday I closed the gbp/usd trade, somewhere around breakeven (Yes I have deposited more money, these new margin requirements are a joke). It just goes to show how hard this game is, if I'd gone short I would have lost 300 points on a gap up!

I said in my last post that I wasn't sure on it anymore so I basically cut my losses. It has been in a cycle of a slow grind up followed by getting smashed back down again. I'm still bullish on it I just think it will go lower soon and if it does I'll be buying in again.

As you can see I've had a bit of a punt on Brent, nothing to do with recent events but a lot of people would have got killed by that massive drop the other day and I think there's some fresh air for it to head back up that way.
Close gbp.jpg

Ok yesterday I closed the gbp/usd trade, somewhere around breakeven (Yes I have deposited more money, these new margin requirements are a joke). It just goes to show how hard this game is, if I'd gone short I would have lost 300 points on a gap up!

I said in my last post that I wasn't sure on it anymore so I basically cut my losses. It has been in a cycle of a slow grind up followed by getting smashed back down again. I'm still bullish on it I just think it will go lower soon and if it does I'll be buying in again.

As you can see I've had a bit of a punt on Brent, nothing to do with recent events but a lot of people would have got killed by that massive drop the other day and I think there's some fresh air for it to head back up that way.
View attachment 272731

You had the right idea, I think 1.40 was just far too aggressive a target post election. I had 1.35 and got filled on the initial spike. See my chat with the 2019 high marked and above the previous low in 2018. But to be honest, i never thought it would retrace this hard either..

You had the right idea, I think 1.40 was just far too aggressive a target post election. I had 1.35 and got filled on the initial spike. See my chat with the 2019 high marked and above the previous low in 2018. But to be honest, i never thought it would retrace this hard either..

I still think it will hit around that area soon, there's just some uncertainty holding it back. I'd be happy to sit in the trade for months but I've seen the way it's behaving at the moment loads of times before and it feels to me like it's squeezing the guys who got long on the election prices.

Well that's caused a major move up in gbp/usd!

Holding out for 1.40000 (maybe)….

ROFLMAO!

Don, check out this guy, he bought the top at exactly the top, expecting it to go to 1.4. Ignored my posts. Look at the losses. He's lost his house and car. Guaranteed. Yet here he is trading again as if nothing untoward happened.
What kind of a show are you running here, Don? :):):)

Don, he didn't see the Fibo resistance at 361.8%, didn't see the Fibo extension on his own timeframe of 5-min giving an almost perfect hit at 261.8% = clear out. Worse still and evn bigger warning is the yellow grid with wave measurement of 261.8%. Then he ignored the horizontal consolidation breakdown, then he ignored the 200-pd breakdown on 5-min.

My God, Don, what kind of a ship have you got here? They're all destitute and going destitut-er.

Wouldn't expect any less!

To be honest, I have very limited understanding of politics. All I can see from watching gbp/usd is that it looks like it's going up, the election will just be the reason that's given to it after the fact.

I've had some bad luck the last year or two and it's been more and more stressful but finally starting to get sorted out. It's great to be back on here talking to you all (once I've worked this new forum out anyway!).

I'll find another way to make my squillions mate, it's inevitable!

You will be dead in a month if you're not already killed by the spike in the GBP on Dec 12. Good thing you were on Demo.

Quit now and don't look back. Get a real job.

Go to the YMCA and rent a room for 6 months and chill out and work a day job. You're on a DEATH mission. Worst part? You're winning in huge strides, leaps and bounds on your Death goal

The EVER generous Fibo advising the daft who think they are deft

You’ve got so much wrong you’re an idiot. I didn’t buy at the top, I was in below 1.3000 in October and added positions. You yourself expect it to go higher than 1.4. I don’t use 5 minute timeframe because I don’t use any charts, I just post 30 minute ones as a reference. Maybe your fibo trash didn’t work on any other timeframe so 5 minutes was the only one you could post to prove your point. Why would I have a £250 demo account?! I do have a real job.

Get off my journal

You’ve got so much wrong you’re an idiot. I didn’t buy at the top, I was in below 1.3000 in October and added positions. You yourself expect it to go higher than 1.4. I don’t use 5 minute timeframe because I don’t use any charts, I just post 30 minute ones as a reference. Maybe your fibo trash didn’t work on any other timeframe so 5 minutes was the only one you could post to prove your point. Why would I have a £250 demo account?! I do have a real job.

Get off my journal

Just put idiots on IGNORE.

Peter

Get off my journal

5-min. timeframe is for you to START there and save yourself next time.

Adios, Brew, good luck :)

5-min. timeframe is for you to START there and save yourself next time.

Adios, Brew, good luck :)

You can't pick a random event/movement (ok the election event wasn't random but still), apply a random timeframe completely irrelevant to my trade (You chose a 5 minute timeframe when I opened the trade 7 weeks beforehand LOL), apply some random TA that looks like it might have worked in hindsight and then claim to be some sort of trading God that can save me from losing all my money.

Why would I even look at the 5 minute timeframe 7 weeks after I opened the trade? Would you have posted a 15 minute timeframe if your fibo didn't "work" on the 5?

Haven't you already gone "deadbroke" expecting a bear market? I can't be bothered to read all your posts so I'm just going to assume you've been shorting for a couple years and getting rinsed

Last edited:
GBP/USD getting smashed just as I thought it would, it's grinding higher then getting smashed back down. No need for any TA to see what's directly in front of you.

Going to be keeping an eye on it to decide when a good time to get back in is. It needs to go lower first for me.

GBP/USD getting smashed just as I thought it would, it's grinding higher then getting smashed back down. No need for any TA to see what's directly in front of you.

Going to be keeping an eye on it to decide when a good time to get back in is. It needs to go lower first for me.

Rate cuts incoming!

You can't pick a random event/movement (ok the election event wasn't random but still), apply a random timeframe completely irrelevant to my trade (You chose a 5 minute timeframe when I opened the trade 7 weeks beforehand LOL), apply some random TA that looks like it might have worked in hindsight and then claim to be some sort of trading God that can save me from losing all my money.

Why would I even look at the 5 minute timeframe 7 weeks after I opened the trade? Would you have posted a 15 minute timeframe if your fibo didn't "work" on the 5?

Haven't you already gone "deadbroke" expecting a bear market? I can't be bothered to read all your posts so I'm just going to assume you've been shorting for a couple years and getting rinsed

Hi brew,

let me s-plain the 5-min. stuff :) Your current method is getting you killed. Insanity = doing the same but this time expecting a different or better result. Ain't going to happen. To stay alive just use TA on 5-min.
Your account size is too small to use daily or 4H or even 1H timeframe. Drop leverage and just try to stay alive for a year. Trade small size.

deadbroke expecting a bear market? Deader than deader than dead, baby. So dead, no coffin works :) Say Hi to new_trader

Hi brew,

let me s-plain the 5-min. stuff :) Your current method is getting you killed. Insanity = doing the same but this time expecting a different or better result. Ain't going to happen. To stay alive just use TA on 5-min.
Your account size is too small to use daily or 4H or even 1H timeframe. Drop leverage and just try to stay alive for a year. Trade small size.

deadbroke expecting a bear market? Deader than deader than dead, baby. So dead, no coffin works :) Say Hi to new_trader

You really think I'm going to waste my time trading a few hundred quid account properly? I'd be better off doing a 0 hour contract at mcdonalds. The only thing driving me insane is having to explain time and time again why I trade the way I do

You really think I'm going to waste my time trading a few hundred quid account properly? I'd be better off doing a 0 hour contract at mcdonalds. The only thing driving me insane is having to explain time and time again why I trade the way I do

brew, in opening post I saw this ........

"Anyway, I've put £250 in my account and gone long gbp/usd before the election"

If the 250 is in fact 2,500,000 I stand corrected. If however its just 250, my advice stands as written earlier.

Anyways, since I'm trading the GBP, why not post your next trade with entry in real time. Game? Fair?

brew, in opening post I saw this ........

"Anyway, I've put £250 in my account and gone long gbp/usd before the election"

If the 250 is in fact 2,500,000 I stand corrected. If however its just 250, my advice stands as written earlier.

Anyways, since I'm trading the GBP, why not post your next trade with entry in real time. Game? Fair?

I'm not stupid I understand exactly how risky it is and the likely outcome, I put the whole account on one trade.

I will post in here when I take the trade, it might not be in real time but as soon as possible afterwards and will include a screenshot showing all trades taken on my account like I always do, is that fair enough?

I'm not stupid I understand exactly how risky it is and the likely outcome, I put the whole account on one trade.

I will post in here when I take the trade, it might not be in real time but as soon as possible afterwards and will include a screenshot showing all trades taken on my account like I always do, is that fair enough?

Perfect amigo. :) :) If you, just one person did that on this site it would make my friggin century. Just one guy posts a real time trade. Its rarer than the rarest diamond. Good on you that you will do it. Everywhere I go here all I see is shit like this, "I've been Long for 4 months, making a killing and am selling today! - circular motion with the right hand" bs artists

We're here to make money but real money not bullshit money. Best of luck with your upcoming trades. Win Brew, win, win like there's no tomorrow.

Anybody who closes his short or goes Long GBPUSD 1H will be thrown in jail on the spot for stupidity. Let the trendline on GBP and RSI(14) be your guide to stay short until these are threatened. 1H timeframe. Look at targets tomorrow

Can't watch, so setting stop and off to snooze

Since this is a Fundamental analysis thread, let's see what we can do .............
Bill Clinton is down in Haiti and hired a Haitian band for a party. He nailed all 3 singers. Hillary didn't mind. what a woman! Therefore stay Short until trendline break topside