Brewski Trades

I get excited with some losses.
As long as they are not big % losses (which risk management should ensure) then bring it! I see it as a challenge and it also helps me stay modest. Then again, i'm on a mini live account...lets see if I can say the same when I bump up to a 1+k account :LOL:

I am struggling with trying to stay modest recently. People keep talking about making returns like 10% per month being great... yet I keep seeing opportunities to make that in a week putting 3% capital on each trade and only taking the trades that are the cream of the crop. I keep waiting for that "ah ha" moment where I recognise what I'm missing, but it's just not happening yet.

10% a year would be a good result.

Eur/usd looking like a tempting buy, see what happens in the next half hour or so

10% a year would be a good result.

Eur/usd looking like a tempting buy, see what happens in the next half hour or so

Good call.
I bought it again in the 15 minute when I saw a pullback, then that news release came out and down it went! Stop loss hit :) Right after what I said, lol
Im really loving trading at the moment. A great test.

If this wasn't a mini account then I don't think I would have bought it again. Not with that news release.

Anyway, I'm hijacking your thread. Sorry

Good call.
I bought it again in the 15 minute when I saw a pullback, then that news release came out and down it went! Stop loss hit :) Right after what I said, lol
Im really loving trading at the moment. A great test.

If this wasn't a mini account then I don't think I would have bought it again. Not with that news release.

Anyway, I'm hijacking your thread. Sorry

I stayed out, I hope you didn't take it because I was thinking about it?

Treat the mini account exactly the same as you would a "proper" account or it's all just a waste of time.

Of course, I would if I was attempting to be strict with it.
It was deliberate, knowing that it was a behaviour that I wouldn't do if I was actually going for it. This mini account is pretty much a demo account. There is no more than €12 on it. I moved to the mini account specifically to behave like this.

It's all probing and observing. Not shoot and pray.
The psychological advantages of practicing on such a mini account is ridiculously advantageous, provided you have a solid risk/money management. I would be incredibly cautious about recommending this to someone. I probably wouldn't to be honest.

Gold trade still running from last week but it’s halfway to stop loss. I only have Monday and a bit of Tuesday to trade this week. I’ll be looking to short the Dollar by selling usd/jpy or buying either gbp/usd or eur/usd depending on the action - notice I didn’t take any eur/usd trades last week even though I was looking to buy from Sunday night. I’d also still like to buy Brent, my alert got triggered at 57.00 on Friday but no trade showed - at the moment CMC will actually pay overnights to be long Brent (free money Joe!).

Gold trade still running from last week but it’s halfway to stop loss. I only have Monday and a bit of Tuesday to trade this week. I’ll be looking to short the Dollar by selling usd/jpy or buying either gbp/usd or eur/usd depending on the action - notice I didn’t take any eur/usd trades last week even though I was looking to buy from Sunday night. I’d also still like to buy Brent, my alert got triggered at 57.00 on Friday but no trade showed - at the moment CMC will actually pay overnights to be long Brent (free money Joe!).

Gold looks to be stopped out shortly and my call on all the above is currently totally wrong, I think I might just give up :LOL:

Bought eur/usd and I'm having a pop at shorting the DOW ( :eek: )

Brent is near a possible entry level so I'm keeping an eye on that while making some cheese on toast, got a busy afternoon today

Bought eur/usd and I'm having a pop at shorting the DOW ( :eek: )

Brent is near a possible entry level so I'm keeping an eye on that while making some cheese on toast, got a busy afternoon today

What's your rationale for shorting the DOW? Will it be a scalp or a hold?

Trading is messy!!!! The algos eat you alive!

Goodday Brewski, cbrads! :smart:

Just bought Brent as well now, I am getting rinsed in everything I do! My luck since starting this journal has been literally atrocious. Any system will go through good and bad patches and this goes to show that you need to manage your risk.

cbrads - no offense taken don't worry, anyone who goes short now would be an absolute idiot... that's why I've done it (y)

Just bought Brent as well now, I am getting rinsed in everything I do! My luck since starting this journal has been literally atrocious. Any system will go through good and bad patches and this goes to show that you need to manage your risk.

cbrads - no offense taken don't worry, anyone who goes short now would be an absolute idiot... that's why I've done it (y)

I can't believe the stories I have read on this forum over the past few weeks. I joined just for a bit of light relief but have become very disturbed at some stories. Apparently some guy went and borrowed about 40k from bank to start day trading!!!! I don't believe it to be honest. It would be crazy. People like me at our company just want to take money out of these guys as it's far too easy. I wish people would research what they are doing a little better.

I can't believe the stories I have read on this forum over the past few weeks. I joined just for a bit of light relief but have become very disturbed at some stories. Apparently some guy went and borrowed about 40k from bank to start day trading!!!! I don't believe it to be honest. It would be crazy. People like me at our company just want to take money out of these guys as it's far too easy. I wish people would research what they are doing a little better.

where do you work?

Yeah mate I ain’t got a clue, I’ll be eating the dog food when this 1k is gone

Stopped out on everything no more trades for me this week I only have Monday and Tuesday to trade next week that’s if I bother :LOL: