Brewski Trading

brewski1984

Right I'll give this journal thing a go, feel free to give me as much criticism as you like. There won't be many live calls in here because I have a full time job and most trades are opened on orders so I'll be genuine and post all trades with charts and reasonings regardless of profit/loss at time of posting. I don't take many trades a week so it won't be exciting and don't copy me, you'll end up a loser.

I'm waiting for a decent price to go long usd/jpy and pretty much any of the Indices. Could also be tempted by a long on gbp/usd soon as well but it might be a bit too risky.

Right I'll give this journal thing a go, feel free to give me as much criticism as you like. There won't be many live calls in here because I have a full time job and most trades are opened on orders so I'll be genuine and post all trades with charts and reasonings regardless of profit/loss at time of posting. I don't take many trades a week so it won't be exciting and don't copy me, you'll end up a loser.

I'm waiting for a decent price to go long usd/jpy and pretty much any of the Indices. Could also be tempted by a long on gbp/usd soon as well but it might be a bit too risky.

good luck. Will you be trading with real money?

Yes it'll be real money, although relatively not a lot.

I would advise using minimum stakes with Oanda or Finspreads. You dont want to donate more money to the brokers. After 25/50 trades you can then increase slightly. @10p per point you will not be able to do much damage. Remember no single trade result matters only a rolling extended sample of 25/50/100 just my 2c. good luck with it.

Good luck dude - don't sweat about the live calls, nobody is judging in here.

Nothing for me this week. Next week I'll be looking to go long any of the Indices and any of the USD pairs, short gbp/usd would be my choice. I'd like to buy Gold or Silver as they look so cheap but they just seem to be headed down in the short term.

Ok almost a live call but it's offside at the moment so as good as, first trade for the journal is a short gbp/usd at 1.52584 stop 100 points. Support/resistance line I drew on the weekly chart, hoping for downtrend to carry on. Might cut it early when it goes above 1.5300 depending but other than that guaranteed to lose this!

Just loaded up the daily chart and I must admit it's looking beautiful at the moment (I bet it closes right near the open now lol). You can see the support/resistance line I was looking at and where my entry and stop is on the chart. This was the same price I was thinking of going long on last week but I thought it was too risky to go long so I waited and went short from it(y)

+120 points as I post this, I'll be looking to lock some profit in soon.

Attachments

• gbpusdsbdaily.png
    gbpusdsbdaily.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 291
Out for +100, damn Bernanke. On another interesting note, gbp/usd was "closed" (but still moving!) for at least 1 minute on gkfx over that news.

Well it looks like my trading account has taken a beating this week... we had an offer accepted on buying our first house so my modest savings are now a lot lower but hey, it's better than giving my money away to somebody else every month. Looks like my chump change account is now going to be my main account :LOL:

Well it looks like my trading account has taken a beating this week... we had an offer accepted on buying our first house so my modest savings are now a lot lower but hey, it's better than giving my money away to somebody else every month. Looks like my chump change account is now going to be my main account :LOL:

Ok, mate, so start winning! (y)