A Challenge to "Enlightened Joe

Who do you will think will win the USD/CAD Challenge

• Dinos

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • EnlightenedJoe

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My gut was correct. I have both declared and non-declared positions in TRY. Last night, these came under severe attack. My reserve was deep enough to repel the attack easily. The shop has failed. They knew of the attack 4 days or more in advance. In their desperation, they chose the wrong tactics and gave their game away by inadvertently giving me advanced warning.

Are you in this trade still Joe, it looks like it going to start falling again :eek:

Here are all my trades. Red short, blue long. CAD is at top left corner.

246926d1507551686-challenge-enlightened-joe-trade.jpg

Attachments

• trade.jpg
    trade.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 670
My gut was correct. I have both declared and non-declared positions in TRY. Last night, these came under severe attack. My reserve was deep enough to repel the attack easily. The shop has failed. They knew of the attack 4 days or more in advance. In their desperation, they chose the wrong tactics and gave their game away by inadvertently giving me advanced warning.

What are you on about, EJ? Aren't you trading 220k notional JPY against this? Are you saying your broker knows which way the market is going to go days in advance, and is interested in busting 220,000 yen of exposure (i.e. £1,500 if they manage to sink the entire currency)? Let's not talk in riddles, if at all possible.

What are you on about, EJ? Aren't you trading 220k notional JPY against this? Are you saying your broker knows which way the market is going to go days in advance, and is interested in busting 220,000 yen of exposure (i.e. £1,500 if they manage to sink the entire currency)? Let's not talk in riddles, if at all possible.

My gut only talk in riddles. It knew something was happening but didn't know what.

The attack was in Lira. It's all over the news.

That jpg is impossible to read. Can you make one larger?

You are not meant to read it. It's just to indicate the trades in play. People like itsnotpossible think I make draw downs disappear by magic. I don't. They are all there.

My gut only talk in riddles. It knew something was happening but didn't know what.

The attack was in Lira. It's all over the news.

Yes but you're trading the JPY cross aren't you?? For 220k "units" as you call them on the yen as the quote currency? I.e. £1,500 total exposure if the entire market goes to zero. The position size isn't worth any broker gaming so you're just referring to the underlying market not being your friend. Does personifying an economic collective help you psychologically...?

Yes but you're trading the JPY cross aren't you?? For 220k "units" as you call them on the yen as the quote currency? I.e. £1,500 total exposure if the entire market goes to zero. The position size isn't worth any broker gaming so you're just referring to the underlying market not being your friend. Does personifying an economic collective help you psychologically...?

I don't do psychology. Should check out foroom's threads if you are into it.

I don't do psychology. Should check out foroom's threads if you are into it.

I see. You are rather defensive of your single sentence trading strategy.

Have you ever accepted any criticism of this method before? What would it take to dissuade you from this path except for an account blow up? If nothing would do so before that, then you know you're trading objectively stupid, no?

I see. You are rather defensive of your single sentence trading strategy.

Have you ever accepted any criticism of this method before? What would it take to dissuade you from this path except for an account blow up? If nothing would do so before that, then you know you're trading objectively stupid, no?

I take neither criticism nor advise, unless from someone special. You are not special.

hes trading nothing mate-just making stuff up as he goes along and typing it on the net-no evidence of the trade at all-just talk-i would say he is the worst MAKE BELIEVE trader that i have ever seen.no one believes this custard pie clown.pip is starting to doubt him now;)
ps if rumbled he just talks in riddles-waiting for darkies profile on him

I take neither criticism nor advise, unless from someone special. You are not special.

Heh... that's mean, Joe. Why you gotta be mean? You sore over the fact I pointed out your Lira position was a micro one despite Pip thinking you were a big dog now?

PS you misspelled advice, some irony there given the context? Did you refuse "advise" at school as well?

hes trading nothing mate-just making stuff up as he goes along and typing it on the net-no evidence of the trade at all-just talk-i would say he is the worst MAKE BELIEVE trader that i have ever seen.no one believes this custard pie clown.pip is starting to doubt him now;)
ps if rumbled he just talks in riddles-waiting for darkies profile on him

Aye, to be fair to the guy he props the boards up lately. It is a shame it's tardville, but what else is going on?

Aye, to be fair to the guy he props the boards up lately. It is a shame it's tardville, but what else is going on?

Still I did attempt to make a genuine point, and it's a good one to challenge faith over fact. When you ask someone bluntly what would it take to get them to disavow a belief in something, and they have no answer, you know they are solely faith based in that topic. Trading doesn't do well on faith.